Who has done the Mazda AIO Hack?

where is the workaround described?

Mazda locked out autorun from an external source and require a signed cert., per the AIO developers:

background:
The new version of 59.502 firmware was secured. this is good for normal Mazda owners.
We don't want to someone put a usb with music to our car and silently install some troian in our cmu with access to canbus, and software upgrade capabilities to other systems.

the problem [For AIO users]:
a) the *.up files run BUT not execute external files that we use to run scripts from usb
SO usb storage now not have "autorun" option
we can't create *.up files because we not have the private keys of signer certificate
b) SSHd was secured from an earlier version too (root password change, and disable password authorization on sshd)

So security is enhanced greatly in .502, which makes running these mod. apps much harder. They do describe a workaround but it's pretty complex and requires some Linux knowledge.

I wonder if it's possible to downgrade the infotainment software?

Can you post a link to where the workaround is described?
I'm very comfortable with Linux and want to give it a try.

Thanks
agc

Will this mess up future dealer re-flashes meaning if Mazda does come out with AA/CP support later?

Well AA sort of works. I think there is a screen refresh issue on it because I get a black screen but the AA is definitely working. If I reboot the system it will work correctly but it's a pain to do it every time.

Google maps is SOOO nice and OK google works great too!

I'll have to play with it a bit more to see if there is a workaround.

Works with touch and the rotary dial!
tui5Niy.jpg

So those of us who aren't as tech savvy are locked out with the new 2017 cx5 's?

Check what version of the software you have. You could have an older one.

And here comes the noob in full force... How do I do that?

For noobs in full force I recommend reading up on it and UNDERSTANDING the risks you take.

You can go to mazda3revolution.com and read up on the AIO thread that is running at +4600 posts! (Disclaimer: There will always be a potential to brick your system so.... proceed at your own risk!)

Keep in mind that it is really dependent on your system version. I still had the original one (59.00.441) so it's compatible. If you have a version higher than this then it's a royal PITA that I think requires some fiddling with hardware.

Does the navigation (google map) works on the Active Display, just like the default one?

The one on front windshield? No.
I bet you can use both the stock and the google navigation at the same time tho...

PS. Works really well now and no screen synching issues. Easy to say OK GOOGLE, give me directions to nearest Home Depot! or sending voice texts :-D

For noobs in full force I recommend reading up on it and UNDERSTANDING the risks you take.

You can go to mazda3revolution.com and read up on the AIO thread that is running at +4600 posts! (Disclaimer: There will always be a potential to brick your system so.... proceed at your own risk!)

Keep in mind that it is really dependent on your system version. I still had the original one (59.00.441) so it's compatible. If you have a version higher than this then it's a royal PITA that I think requires some fiddling with hardware.
That's why I am asking questions... I'm locked out by Mazda anyway...

Redid my tweaks today.
I kept:
  • No disclaimer on start
  • Enable touch while moving

Added:
  • Changed the background image
  • Added the Speedometer app

While I was at it I work with someone who has a 6 and did the first 2 tweaks for her.

Pics later.

That is is true. But I can tell you it won't work with that latest update.

55.00.650A/753A/760A / 56.00.521A-NA(NA N)
56.00.100A/230A/240B/511A/512A/513C/514A-ADR(4A N)
56.00.100A/210A/230A/511A/512A/513A/513B/513C-EU
56.00.401A/403A-JP / 59.00.445A-JP / 56.00.100A-CHN
58.00.250A-NA(NA N) / 58.00.251A-ADR(4A N)
59.00.326A/330A/342A/442A/443C/449A/450A-ADR(4A N)
59.00.330A/441A/443A/446A/450A-NA(N NA)
59.00.330A/331A/443C/447A/449A-EU
**59.00.502A/504A/532A-NA/-EU/-ADR

It only work on the ones above except the last ** one. This is because Mazda flat out removed the USB accessibility.
Youre only option, yes there is one very advanced option, is to remove the radio, wire in a cable to attach a computer, use SSH to login to the head unit and enable the USB port. THEN use the AIO.
Yea, crazy, right?

Back