Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Yes, more than one actually...

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • No but I'm in the market for one...

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • No

Votes: 35 47.3%

• Total voters
That 2005 reminds me of my 2003 Miata LS that I had to sell after I got married. No room to park a third car until I bolt from NoVA to a lower cost of living area. I hope to find a used 2019 ND model sometime in the next 4-5 years.
I had a couple of coworkers who purchased Miatas in the early years of the car...1989/1990. They loved those cars.

Thanks for the votes guys, keep 'em coming!

Also BIG THANKS for the feedback...Some serious food for thought there...We're not trying to become miata.net but I would like to see more Miata-related posts here and I'm sure we can make it happen but it won't be easy of course.

We actually started as model-specific a "million years ago" but slowly and naturally added models. It's in OUR DNA. That said, we've always adapted when necessary and will continue to do so...Seems there are quite a few Owners with multiple Mazdas and there is no reason we can't fully support them.

Ultimately it's up to Mazdas247 to attract and maintain its Membership and as long as Enry and I are here, we'll always strive to be a premier community and resource regardless of any competition.

Continued feedback and suggestions welcome! :)

I appreciate the time and effort you spend here making this place better.

Cool...Thanks for the info...I'd like to test drive one and see if it's a good fit for me...How's the power?

Mazda DNA at work!

I think I drove a ND1 but it was pretty enough. Not enough to get me in trouble though.

ND2 should be even better.

2019 cx-5 1999 miata sport.jpg

Attachments

• 2019 cx-5 1999 miata sport.jpg
    2019 cx-5 1999 miata sport.jpg
    980.9 KB · Views: 201
I daily a 2016 CX-5. I like it so much that it's brought me to seriously considering buying an ND2 as a 3rd car. Our other car is a minivan (young family of 4). I would probably daily the Miata in Spring through Fall, and go back to the CX-5 during the typically mild-but-wet D.C. winters.

I think in general people's fervor for car forum information (opinions, questions, photos) is highest when they are looking to buy and right after purchase during the honeymoon phase. I've checked the MX-5 section of this forum several times during my "looking to buy" phase but have found the info to be fairly sparse. I'm looking to buy an ND model, and I tend to get turned off by having to sort through the older model threads to find info/opinions on the ND. I think that's one of the reasons taht I gravitated toward Miata.net; it has the granularity of organizing discussion by model generation which goes a long way toward people finding the info they are seeking quickly without needing to sort through unrelated topics.

I visited this forum very often when shopping for and after buying my CX-5. Since then, I've stopped coming as often because most of the discussion has moved on to the latest generation CX-5s, so most of the discussion no longer pertains to me or my car.

I daily a 2016 CX-5. I like it so much that it's brought me to seriously considering buying an ND2 as a 3rd car. Our other car is a minivan (young family of 4). I would probably daily the Miata in Spring through Fall, and go back to the CX-5 during the typically mild-but-wet D.C. winters.

I think in general people's fervor for car forum information (opinions, questions, photos) is highest when they are looking to buy and right after purchase during the honeymoon phase. I've checked the MX-5 section of this forum several times during my "looking to buy" phase but have found the info to be fairly sparse. I'm looking to buy an ND model, and I tend to get turned off by having to sort through the older model threads to find info/opinions on the ND. I think that's one of the reasons taht I gravitated toward Miata.net; it has the granularity of organizing discussion by model generation which goes a long way toward people finding the info they are seeking quickly without needing to sort through unrelated topics.

I visited this forum very often when shopping for and after buying my CX-5. Since then, I've stopped coming as often because most of the discussion has moved on to the latest generation CX-5s, so most of the discussion no longer pertains to me or my car.

Thanks for the feedback! I've noticed other forums break models down into gen-specific subforums, i.e. wheel/tire, engine, exterior etc. for 1st Gen CX-5 and same thing for 2nd Gen CX-5.

[snip]

I think in general people's fervor for car forum information (opinions, questions, photos) is highest when they are looking to buy and right after purchase during the honeymoon phase. [snip]

Interesting points.

I purchased a 2019 last March. I wonder if I'll see the same thing in the next year or two.

@rsanz85 Excellent feedback, thanks! Great points but interest in older gen models also declines over time (in most cases) and so having an older gen forum may be better in terms of organization but may not encourage increased activity...Still...Food for thought...Hmmm...We've had gen based forums before but the older gen ones tend to become inactive over time...It depends on how popular the model is and how enthusiastic the owners are...

On another note, I am thinking about expanding our Miata forums...Perhaps we can use that as an experiment and base it on model generations...Obviously we can't have too many Miata forums while activity is still relatively low.

Also splitting into gen based forums at this point will require A LOT of thread moving and we won't be able to move every thread to its most appropriate forum (due to the sheer number as would be the case with the CX-5 forums).

I have always wanted a Miata. I will have one someday. It's not super practical here unless I have somewhere to put it away in the winter.
The CX-5 was sort of a compromise between the truck I gave up and the Miata I wanted. I love my CX-5 though.

Not yet but there soon will be a 2020 in my garage next to my 2005 RX-8 and 2019 CX-5.
the ND is for my GF but I'm sure I'll take it for a spin every now and then. I'll post pics when she gets it

Have a 2014 CX-5 GT, used to have a 1997 Miata M-Edition with Tokico Illumina shocks, Flyin' Miata sway bars, and a Flyin' Miata lightweight flywheel. I also had a 2008 Mazdaspeed3 that I replaced with a 2019 VW GTI, but nothing has been as fun as that Miata was.

I'd like to get an ND one of these days, but I decided to have 2 cars that could transport both of my kids in pinch.

I only own a Mazda CX-5, but I'm also very curious about the Miata, wanting to see the comparison between the two in terms of performance, interior and exterior.
MyCX5.jpg

Last edited:
I only own a Mazda CX-5, but I'm also very curious about the Miata, wanting to see the comparison between the two in terms of performance, interior and exterior.

You'd like to see a comparison between a MX-5 and a CX-5? Say what?

I own both and there is no comparison. Apples and oranges.

Back