Which alternator brand from rockauto? TYC, Remy, WAI global etc?

Hello, I will need a new alternator soon enough for my mazda 3, and looking at rockauto for the new ones I can choose from these brands in around the same price range. are any of these brands decent or is it random china garbage and testing your luck? I am in Canada, so dealing with the core return for a reman/rebuilt alternator won't really work for me since I would probably have to pay $40-45 to ship the core to the states, however ill still include the options. Rockauto says they give discounted return labels but I feel like thats only for the states. i live in a smaller canadian city so no alt rebuilders here

all prices in CAD
NEW:
Remy 94133 - $150 cad
TYC 211008 - $149 cad
Wai Global 11008N- $154 cad
ACDELCO 3351313 Professional : $221 cad (dont really want to spend this much unless i have to/if its worth it)

Reman:
MAGNETI MARELLI RMMAL00076 wholesaler closeout ( no core charge at all) - $106 cad
PURE ENERGY 11008 reman ($50.18 core charge but doesn't matter cuz ill get it back) - $108 + $45 to ship back the core - $153 CAD total price
REMY 12615 reman ($98.00 core charge but doesnt matter cuz ill get it back) - $99 + $45 to ship back the core - $144 cad total price
BBB industries 11008 Reman - (87$ core charge but doesnt matter cuz ill get it back) - $115 + $45 to ship back the core - total $160 cad
BOSCH AL4238X reman (may not include pulley) - $98 core charge but doesnt matter cuz ill get it back - $153.92 + $45 to ship back core - total $198 cad

i am sorry to post this thread, i read around already and know this is beaten like a dead horse but i wanted to post it with my options
ok so those are my options, ive heard mixed reviews between reman and new, the only brand i actually recognize is the ac delco new and the bosch reman. I assume a bosch reman would be good quality no?

the last china alternator i got i cant remember if it was new or reman but it had a bad whine/whistle noise but has still been running fine for 5 years. would prefer one that sounds normal ahaha
i live in a smaller canadian city so no alt rebuilders here

so what are the top 3 choices?

I have had alternators last 30-40 years. Not sure I would replace one until it goes bad. Alternatively...I might get a junkyard one off a car that tests good and just put it away if you want to have a backup...or ship it out to a rebuilder so it'll be fresh.

Swapping an OEM for any of those is probably going to get you cheap Chinesium (except maybe the ACDelco) but who knows.

Remanned items are just where they fix what is broken. They don't redo the whole thing.

Upvote 0
Back