Where did you get best price for Mazda Extended Confidence / Warranty?

Did I read somewhere that it doesn't cover electronics? Like everything in the infotainment system/backup sensors, power stuff? Could that be right? Not even the Total Confidence flavor of the MEC Plan?

I just helped a family member purchase a 2020 CX-30 and 5 different dealers don't even sell the Mazda branded "total confidence" product. Two were more forthcoming and stated that the issue is Toyota Financial now takes care of some of the back office financial services and that includes warranties. So its up in the air from what I could determine. I did get a quote later from one of the DFW dealers but the mileage and years did not match up with this original post. it was $2600 for 8 years and I believe it is a new product backed by Toyota Financial.
https://www.mazdafinancialservices.com/us/en/vehicle-protection/vehicle-service-agreements.html

Yes, most dealers are selling 3rd party policies. some told me about the 'toyota' policy but couldn't fully explain it's relatinship to mazda. thank you. I've been looking for whatever was the closest thing to an mazda plan. No dealers have been able to help me get a brochure, the above link is great.

I know - extended warranties aren't worth it, save the money, blah, blah, blah. - that's a different conversation. But if I could get peace of mind about the electronics I'm happy

Guys, I don't own a Toyota or Lexus. (used to own a '05 Prius)
This genteman, Troy (@Greenfield Toyota) used to sell Toyota genuine ext warranty at half of MSRP. Many people knew him. Not sure if he is still in business.

That is how I know that you should consider a good price when it is 50% off from MSRP.
Avoid 3rd party warranty. A lot of hassle to get approval before fixing anything. Once I had a wiper motor went out before Christmas. Their office was shutdown for holidays. They said to wait for 1 week at least until they resume. In the meantime, my BMW had to sit at dealer. What a joke. I fixed it out of my own pocket.

Yeah, It's under the umbrella of Mazda Protection Products, which seems actually be serviced/owned by Toyota Finance, which seems to be about a Mazda Original as there is these days, though there's still a website referencing MEC

Getting an extended warranty for a Mazda is like getting earthquake insurance when you live in Connecticut. Do people do it? Yes. Does it make any sense when you look at probability data? Nope!

This topic falls under the catagory - YMMV with everyone having their own comfort level.

For example, I have a $1,000,000 Umbrella insurance policy that would cover me over the limits on my car and home owners insurance. I do not have a net worth of $1,000,000 but I don't want someone taking away my future earnings or what I do have that exceeds the $300,000 limits on my insurance. Will I ever need it? Probably not, but for a little more than $200 per year premium I'm happy. I'm also happy paying $1,600 for coverage on my power everything and infotainment system.

If anyone comes across this thread, my calls to dealer have found them selling various 3rd party or the Mazda plan which is now owned by Toyota, for well under $2,000 or even less than $1,700. Call around and ask for the finance department, then say, very casually but confidently "I'm shoppingdealerships - what plan do you sell, and what's the best price you can dell it to me for this week" - it may not necessarily be his best price, but like I said, I'm finding almost all coming back between $1,500 and $1,800.

Yes, there's technically a "right" answer and that is to self insure. I bet lots of you have phone coverage yet have never used it. Does that make the decision wrong? Nope. It's right for you. I may discuss the topic but never beat anyone up over their choice. Similarly many of you have GAP insurance = have most of you totaled a car you've been upside down on? Probably not.

Again, YMMV

I agree with hal2.
Buying ext warranty is a personal financial decision.

Yes, just like buying flood insurance for desert property when data for the last 40 years shows that your chance of recuperating the insurance money on warranty claims is 0.00001%
It IS your money, of course, but that doesn't mean your circumstances given the data are sensible/wise/rational.

Stay on topic guys. This is about finding the best price for Mazda Extended Confidence, not debating about whether or not it's worth it.

@changes13, this thread is two years old, but it includes some pricing info from a dealer in Beaverton, OR.

Jake Jones @ Herzog-Meier Mazda; Beaverton, OR
Main: 503-619-3300
Cell: 503-858-0458
https://www.beavertonmazda.com/

MEC Total Confidence for four (4) add'l years beyond 3/36k, w/100k mile cap:
- Zero deductible: $1,440
- $100 deductible: $1,280
- Oregon has no sales tax

I went to their website and Jake Jones does not appear on their website staff listing, but you can try contacting one of the sales managers/consultants to see if they can get you that pricing.

It's now under Mazda Protection Products, which along with financing is run/owned by Toyota Motor Credit

Last edited:
Does anyone know why Mazda removed the Extended Confidence warranty from their site?

What do you mean? This looks like an official Mazda site:

found from here:

found this in my journey as well:

other source(s):

It's no under Mazda Protection Products, which along with financing is run/owned by Toyota Motor Credit

1597153968458.png

For example, I have a $1,000,000 Umbrella insurance policy that would cover me over the limits on my car and home owners insurance. Probably not, but for a little more than $200 per year premium I'm happy.

I'm also happy paying $1,600 for coverage on my power everything and infotainment system.
So you get $1M worth of coverage across all types of scenarios (home, auto, liability, injuries, property damage, lawsuits) for $200/yr.

But the extended warranty, which realistically provides maybe $5000 of coverage in a worst case scenario, costs you $1600?

The extended warranty covers a limited range of items for a very limited range of time. If you back out the overlapping coverage of the OEM warranty, you're only getting a few years of coverage.

$1,000,000 of complete life coverage for $200/yr
$5,000 of extended warranty coverage for $400/yr

You can see why dealership really push extended warranties.
They make more from 1 warranty than they do selling 2-3 new cars.

Just wanted to post that I just purchased an 8 year/75k mile genuine Mazda platinum extended protection plan with zero deductible through a Mazda dealer in Pennsylvania at a super price of $1400 for my 2020 CX-9 GT. It is the new car plan because my factory warranty is still good for a few weeks longer and as long as it is still under this warranty then you can purchase this plan. Anyone can purchase from any state as well.

If anyone wants to know which dealer and the contact there, please private message me. I'm not sure if im allowed to publically post their info.

I have NO affiliation to them. Just trying to help others considering purchasing a warranty get a great deal. I also have pricing on other variations of time and mileage but the one I picked worked best for me. I've contacted numerous dealers both close and afar and the price and ease of purchase was fantastic.

Back