When will replacement be needed and about how much (tires and brakes)?

I know, it's easy once you know how, but brakes are one thing I don't. As far as where to bring them, I usually use Brake Masters, I figure they do a ton of them and should get it right.

I know, it's easy once you know how, but brakes are one thing I don't. As far as where to bring them, I usually use Brake Masters, I figure they do a ton of them and should get it right
The Brakes Plus is a national chain shop which I usually recommend friends for brake and alignment job. I usually go there for wheel alignment as they use top-of-the-line Hunter equipment for the work.

There are a million and one "how to" brake videos on Youtube.

Other than an oil change, changing the brakes is one of the easiest maintenance tasks a person can do

There are a million and one "how to" brake videos on Youtube.

Other than an oil change, changing the brakes is one of the easiest maintenance tasks a person can do
Except many YouTube videos failed to mention very important “Maintenance Mode” for rear brake replacement with Electric Parking Brake (EPB) on CX-5 MY 2016 and newer.

Make sure to read discussions on EPB Maintenance Mode created by tomcat1446:

Maintenance Mode for 2016/2017 CX-5 electronic brakes

And just don’t rotate the caliper piston on rear brakes!

0B38AAC6-DF1E-4125-BC46-95DB56DC702C.jpeg

Except many YouTube videos failed to mention very important “Maintenance Mode” for rear brake replacement with Electric Parking Brake (EPB) on CX-5 MY 2016 and newer.

Make sure to read discussions on EPB Maintenance Mode created by tomcat1446:

Maintenance Mode for 2016/2017 CX-5 electronic brakes

And just don’t rotate the caliper piston on rear brakes!

View attachment 298063
Most of the how to videos demonstrate doing things in a way that I consider wrong. But they are very helpful in showing everything.

Back