What's the width of the middle seatback?

:
2013 Mazda CX-5
Can someone who already owns this car give me the measurement of the opening between the two 40% seats when the middle seatback is folded down, please. I was wondering if my fold up tent once packed up will fit through the opening. It definitely won't fit sideways. Measurement in inches would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks a bunch. It looks like it will fit. If not, we'd have to put one of the outer seat backs down and cram my two kids together. That would make for a very uncomfortable trip for EVERYONE in the car.

are you referring to those of those portable sun shade canopies? I use that a lot on trips and am curious to know myself....

are you referring to those of those portable sun shade canopies? I use that a lot on trips and am curious to know myself....

Yes. I used the wrong name. I meant collapsible canopy. The one I have is 10' x 10' when expanded and fits into a 9"x9"x49" bag when folded.

Awesome!! Now on outdoor trips i can still fit 4 passengers + cooler/etc (drinks)

Yes. I used the wrong name. I meant collapsible canopy. The one I have is 10' x 10' when expanded and fits into a 9"x9"x49" bag when folded.

similar request...could someone tell me what's the width of the entire rear seating area? i have 2 dogs, and trying to size up the right seat cover for them at the back, thanks!

similar request...could someone tell me what's the width of the entire rear seating area? i have 2 dogs, and trying to size up the right seat cover for them at the back, thanks!

Approximately 50" across the seat backs

one more question...sorry alacoyote!! haha..but EXTREMELY grateful for helping those of us who haven't taken delivery just yet...

what's the distance between the two front seats? i.e. the width of the front center console. thanks in advance!!

The distance is not uniform due to the side bolstering on the front seats. It's about 12" at the "shoulder" of the seats and tapers down to about 9" at the console.

Last edited:
alacoyote, can you tell me the angle of the front windshield versus the back glass and the distance between the tops and bottoms of each?

Just kidding! I appreciate your help!!!

18 degrees, 42 minutes. I determined this using a mathematical formula that involves the angle of the dangle but it cannot be stated in full here without violating forum decency rules.(naughty)

Tomorrow I will be providing the loops per square inch in the carpet...

Back