Poll What's the main reason you became a Mazdas247 Member?

What's the main reason you became a Mazdas247 Member?

• I had a Question, Answer or Comment

Votes: 49 36.3%
  • I was in the market for a Mazda

Votes: 22 16.3%
  • I wanted to Sell or Buy something

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Membership Benefits

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • My Friends are Members

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • To Learn about Mazdas

Votes: 64 47.4%
  • Community seems friendly, I like the "vibe"

Votes: 40 29.6%
  • I wanted to join a Community with Owners of the same model

Votes: 91 67.4%
  • Other (please post the reason in this thread)

Votes: 8 5.9%

• Total voters
I enjoy it here. This is probably the most active I have been in a car enthusiast's forum. I am a member of maybe three others and maybe posted 10 times total in each of the others. This HAS to be one the most welcoming and less stiff car forums I have ever seen.

Great feedback so far, thanks!

I'm wondering if I should edit in or add something along the lines of..."Wanted to participate in a particular thread"..?

I was looking to buy a CX5. The sale price thread gave me an idea of what to expect. I saved quite a penny - and now have a fairly good idea what necessary care I need to give my CX5 so that it has a good chance of hitting 250K miles and be a great car for the 2nd owner. There are 20+ very knowledgeable members on CX5 side who can DIY a ton of things and share knowledge.

I always join the most active forums for whatever cars I own or am looking to own... and in this case it was because there seemed to be no active community for the Mazda 5. Minivan owners usually aren't car enthusiasts. Sadly, it seems lately that almost all of the MZ5 activity has been in Facebook groups, and not really that much on the forums. I think it's hard for forums to compete with groups on Facebook now since practically everyone in the world is already on FB and just having forum-like interactions slipstreamed into your feed is way easier than logging into another site and participating that way, but you lose most of the organization and all of the reference capability.

Great stuff, everyone...Please keep the votes and posts coming in..(y)

Sadly, it seems lately that almost all of the MZ5 activity has been in Facebook groups,
How about reminding people on fb that there's a dedicated Mazda5 Forum here with years of valuable searchable info that's also a great place to talk Mazda, start a project thread, help each other out and much more...Great feedback BTW, thanks!

Back in 2006 I bought my first Mazda, a 2002 Protege5. I searched Google as I wanted to learn more about doing my own maintenance and what quirks, if any, there might be. Mazdas247.com had a surplus of information and friendly people willing to help. The caveat....any money saved doing my own maintenance and then some, was spent on mods that I found out about through the forum. :D

In the last 14 years we have owned seven Mazda's and as I type we still have three in the driveway. In addition, I have met a few members in person and was fortunate enough to attend several NEPOC events before most of the crew moved away.

I have never had a Facebook page and never intend to so it is nice to see a bit of revival in the forum and hope that it continues. There is a wealth of knowledge to be found here and if you should have a question that you cannot find the answer to, there is a great community of people willing to lend their know-how.

Here since '08, I've learned a ton and enjoyed following all the exciting builds over the years. Thanks to all the people who keep the community alive and thanks M247!

Forums > social media

Though I bought my first Mazda over 25 years ago, and was a fan-of-the-brand even longer, it was just recently acquiring our second CX-5 that inspired me to join.

I actually joined another Mazda Forum first, but it wasn't much fun. Nearly every thread seemed to be dominated by the same insufferable know-it-all. Mazdas247 has far nicer members, a better vibe, and more useful/interesting info.

I have a 17 CRV and when the issue of fuel/oil in engine came up, I joined a Honda forum to keep up to date on what was happening. Realized the value, so when I got my CX9 couple yrs later, thought why not join and get same benefits.

The few cars I've owned previous, never decided to join forum. I guess I can credit a poorly designed Honda for my being here?!?!:)

Back