What's everybody paying for gas?

I topped off my tank on Monday when I came down from the mountains to see if the large grocery stores had been restocked. 91 octane, the highest available here in CA was $3.79. It is $0.20 per gallon higher up in the village where I live. CA has the highest gas taxes in the country and nothing mandating that the taxes actually go to the roads. Guess who has been in charge for decades.

⋯ CA has the highest gas taxes in the country and nothing mandating that the taxes actually go to the roads. Guess who has been in charge for decades.
In addition to high gas taxes, I also heard the monopoly of local oil refineries keeps the gas price high as there’s no competitions from out of state, because CA doesn’t allow import gasoline from other states.

Central Virginia, in between Charlottesville and Richmond:

87 Octane $1.97
89 Octane $2.25
93 Octane $2.53

This is about 50¢-60¢ lower than it's been here.

And I also recall getting S&H Green Stamps, Top Value Trading Stamps, glasses, steak knives, even dinnerware (plates/bowls/cups/saucers) when buying gas. What a concept.

I used to manage a Hess gas station. We never gave anything away, but we sold toy trucks at Christmas.

Gas prices are dropping like a rock. Even the Shell gas which my CX-5 uses is pretty cheap now:

I guess you know that Shell has a Fuel Rewards Program. I got signed up through my AAA account. Right now there's a deal where you save 25¢/gallon if you buy enough gas in a given time frame. I think 5¢/gallon is the baseline routine savings, then it increases with volume. Enter your ID (or use your card) when you buy gas and your receipt gets emailed to you.

I took advantage of the New Member Promo Savings, but don't have a Shell near me so it's not worth the trip. I usually burn BP, and have burned maybe 6-8 tanks of Shell. Haven't noticed an MPG difference between the two. They're my only Top Tier options out here except for an overpriced Exxon.

Shell 87 is $0.739 per liter here in Winnipeg, as of this morning. Equates to about $1.96 USD per gallon.

As of this post, gas around where I am is at $2.01 for 87. Some as low as $1.98.

Back