What's everybody paying for gas?

$1.94 N Alabama.

no need for gas? Ha. Wife in healthcare and I’m civilian law enforcement. No rest for the wicked lol!

Well in Delaware we still have to go to work and there's no self-quarantine.
Restaurants are still open for takeout and life goes on.

$1.88 for regular (85 octane in Denver) at King Sooners (Kroger) here. Also go a $1 off/gal for spending $100 in Feb for groceries.

What, no glasses? Those of you who paid $0.28/gal in the 70’s will remember the freebies for a fill up. My ‘68 GTO convertible with a 450 dual quad engine and Hearst 4 on the floor got about 8 mpg city. Or was that 8 GPM? Good times. Had to sell it ‘cause the insurance was crazy for a <25 yo male.

Capture.JPG

Anywhere from 1.75 to 2.20. But honestly, with oil at $20 per gallon, gas should be at $1 per gallon.

Gas prices are dropping like a rock. Even the Shell gas which my CX-5 uses is pretty cheap now:

01EEB1F2-156F-452E-A0F2-E81E4FD570D5.png

6896A9C0-9319-4F0E-A3FD-55225F7E0275.png

haha, I remember those days, s&h green stamps, glasses
full service ......

that would've been a fun car to drive...... bet it went through
tires too..

What, no glasses? Those of you who paid $0.28/gal in the 70’s will remember the freebies for a fill up. My ‘68 GTO convertible with a 450 dual quad engine and Hearst 4 on the floor got about 8 mpg city. Or was that 8 GPM? Good times. Had to sell it ‘cause the insurance was crazy for a <25 yo male.

Anywhere from 1.75 to 2.20. But honestly, with oil at $20 per gallon, gas should be at $1 per gallon.
You would think so, and it will be cheaper in the future, or it should be.
Gotta remember there's a time lag between when oil shows up at a refinery, to the time it gets refined and delivered to the gas stations around the country.
That gas you filled up with last week wasn't made with $20 oil.
Funny thing is though, when the cost of crude goes back up, gas companies will immediately jack up the price of gas, even though the gas in the storage tanks was made from cheaper oil.
We always get screwed in the end.

$2.89 at Costco yesterday for top tier 87. And I was thrilled! Can't remember the last time we were under $3.00 😂. San Diego, CA

I filled at $1.81 in Dallas area. Lowest in last few years was 1.68 in Arlington. I think Arlington Costco now would be under 1.50.
Terrible times for all. Stay safe and care for each other.

Back