What type of mpg are you getting, turbo owners?

About 24.5 after 20 months here at 7000 ft in AZ. Mostly small city driving, with about 5000 highway miles.

After 2 years, 18mpg overall. That's been pretty consistent. How the hell am I not getting anything close to what you guys are getting?

I keep my speed down (100-110 km/hr) on the highway and I am gentle with the throttle on my commute and I am getting around 8.0L/100 kilometres which I am very pleased with. I was getting around 7.4L/100kms) in my '18 Mazda 6 Signature. I could drive the 6 faster with next to no impact on fuel economy, as it was more aerodynamic it seems. The moment I start driving over 110 km/hr in my CX5, my mileage tanks. My morning commutes are 80% highway, 10% rural, 10% urban (traffic lights, frequent stops).

After 2 years, 18mpg overall. That's been pretty consistent. How the hell am I not getting anything close to what you guys are getting?
A lot of the reported MPG numbers are from owners who drive their GTR very subtle and don't drive with a heavy foot. Nonetheless, I get about 17-18 mpg and driving a GTR utilizing the turbo. Otherwise, why get a turbo at all?

I've tracked every single mile on this car since I took delivery.

44,658 miles later I'm averaging 26.226mpg
mixed highway / city
87 octane

With work from home and short trips I'm averaging about 23mpg. That said, I turned on the setting to flash the fuel economy so at the and of every drive. If I remember to look, most of my half hour drives are 28-30 mpg trips. They did really well engineering this turbo.

Back