What neat features have you discovered?

:
2024 CX90 PHEV Premium Plus
Whether they might be undocumented or they didn’t jump out at you in the owner‘s manual, I’m curious what everyone’s favorite little features are.

For me:

There’s a third request switch to lock the doors above the license plate. Rather than stand by the driver’s door until everyone is out so I can hit the lock button on the door handle, I can walk to the back of the vehicle to make sure everyone is out and then tap the request which above and to the right of the license plate.

Display the clock by itself on the center display. By default, the system menu will be on the left side and the clock will display on the right side, with CarPlay or android auto noted on the far right. However, if you want the entire screen to be blank except for the clock front and center, tap the center home button in the center console. If you selected the analog clock, it looks kind of cool to have the analog clock by itself in the center display. :)

I don’t know why I never caught this before but when vacuuming the car out a few days ago, I noticed that the passenger seat has power adjustable lumbar support. (We have a GT.).

Walk away autolock, opening front windows / moonroof by holding unlock on the keyfob and closing by holding driver's door request switch.

Something that I really like as a first time Mazda owner is the walk-away lock. I know it's in the manual and they have probably gone over it in videos and reviews, I just never noticed it until I got it home. Was playing around with the settings on the night it was delivered and came across the feature, haven't turned it off since lol. I know this isn't unique to Mazda either, but it was a nice surprise when I discovered it for myself.

I also like how light the hood is. Makes up for not having hood struts.

Walk away autolock, opening front windows / moonroof by holding unlock on the keyfob and closing by holding driver's door request switch.
What year is your car that it has this feature?
My old Nissans had this feature (even my 2002 Pathy does this), but my (2017) 6 does not.
It's always been a pet peeve of mine that I can't open the windows remotely.
Is there some toggle switch/setting that I'm not aware of that turns this feature on?
Thanks.

What year is your car that it has this feature?
My old Nissans had this feature (even my 2002 Pathy does this), but my (2017) 6 does not.
It's always been a pet peeve of mine that I can't open the windows remotely.
Is there some toggle switch/setting that I'm not aware of that turns this feature on?
Thanks.
I have a 2010 cx-9 GT. I just unlock once and after I press and hold the unlock button to roll down the front windows and open the moonroof. It's nice to cool down the interior if parked outside on hot sunny days. It work for auto windows. So if you had changed the car battery, you will need to activate the auto feature by holding the window switch for few seconds while closing from full open.
Btw I activated the walk away autolock with forscan.

My 2009 Mazda 6 had this feature. Loved it. In the hot South, being able to drop the windows as you approached really helped cool the interior quickly.

Like I said, my 2002 Pathfinder and my 2006 Altima had this feature, and I loved it.
When I traded my Altima on the Mazda, I was very disappointed that the 6 did not have it. The sales rep had no explanation.
It's even more frustrating now that you're telling me the older Mazda's have it, and the newer ones don't.
Why would Mazda remove a feature like this?
I know it doesn't sound like a must have feature, but when you've had it and then lose it, it makes a difference.

I know Honda did the same thing. Maybe they’re thinking with smart entry and people keeping fobs in their pockets / purses, the feature isn’t being used much. Seems silly. All the hardware is there. Why not just leave it?

My 08 Lexus had the "open windows using keyfob" feature. I rarely used it, but I know many others did.

Maybe it's something to do with all the reports of people's liftgate's opening "on their own" (not specific to Mazda)? Most of the time, the liftgate is open because the liftgate button was accidentally pressed by the owner. I'd be cursing this feature if I happened to come out to a wet/damaged interior after I had accidentally lowered the windows and opened the sunroof in the middle of a rainstorm.

I'd be cursing this feature if I happened to come out to a wet/damaged interior after I had accidentally lowered the windows and opened the sunroof in the middle of a rainstorm.
Haha. I've had this happen, but not because I accidentally opened the windows, but because I had forgotten I did it a few hours earlier.
More than once on a hot day I've lowered the windows on my vehicles to keep them cool, only to have it start raining a few hours later and forgetting that I lowered the windows.
Unfortunately, I can't raise them with the keyfob, so I have to run out in the pouring rain to close them. My wife thinks it's pretty funny though.

Haha. I've had this happen, but not because I accidentally opened the windows, but because I had forgotten I did it a few hours earlier.
More than once on a hot day I've lowered the windows on my vehicles to keep them cool, only to have it start raining a few hours later and forgetting that I lowered the windows.
Unfortunately, I can't raise them with the keyfob, so I have to run out in the pouring rain to close them. My wife thinks it's pretty funny though.

Haha! On the note of raising windows with the keyfob, I think that was by design to prevent accidentally closing the windows, which could lead to injury for those still in the car (such as closing the windows on hands/paws).

Here’s another one .... I just figured out there’s a mute button on the steering wheel. 🙃 Press the volume button in the center. On closer inspection, I realized what I thought was just a pictograph for ‘sound’, had a small slash through.

Mazda 6 2006 S, while using my keyfob to roll down the windows after unlocking, I uncovered that you can stop the windows from going all the way down by merely letting off the unlock button and quickly pushing it again. now about that sunroof, it just stays closed, hmmm...

Back