What have you done to your Protege today?

Antoine

Administrator
Let's bring new life to the Proteg Forum by recreating this lost legend of a thread that I accidentally deleted...So, please let us know...

What did you do to your Proteg today?

I installed my first powered sub last night into my 2002 Protege LX. It actually works! I'm super excited. Next on my list of things is...

1) Rims/Tires for summer (running on steelies right now, have been for the last 4 years LOL)
2) New speakers
3) Fog lights installed

That's really it for now. It's gonna be a fun summer!

Raining today,was going to make eyebrows for brown one today(coffee)
IMAG0469.jpg

To catch up, my exhaust leak was due to a blown up flex pipe. $140 bucks later (meineke wanted $225 WTF?) she's purring nicely :).

Weird thing now is, after fixing the throttle body leak and the exhaust, my intake doesn't seem to 'hiss' while stepping on the gas like it used to. All I can hear is the motor now and there doesn't seem to be any less air being pulled in so I pretty much will never figure this car out.

This weekend I installed my freshly powder coated Valve Cover and Strut tower bar. I also cleaned up and painted my engine hoist hooks and exhaust heat shield with some high-heat grill paint. I got my MS oil cap in the mail today from bamflee and threw it on. Looking pretty sweet in the engine bay now, just waiting on my washer dress up kit from CR3...

IMAG0146.jpg

Threw in some pics of the powder coated parts, pretty awesome color match to my CAI. They look textured in the pics but they are smooth as glass and have a sweet deep metallic silver.

Attachments

• IMAG0137.jpg
    IMAG0137.jpg
    583.8 KB · Views: 330
  • IMAG0139.jpg
    IMAG0139.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 323
  • IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Since we're re-creating this thread all over, (last week) Got my baby from the body shop. Got rusty spot (next to pass. side motor mount) cut out and replaced with brand new piece of sheet metal (some of you know what I'm talking about). Got my rust under spoiled fixed on the trunk lid, also had the trunk lid top repainted. Front lip is repainted and the key mark (somebody keyed my car 2 halloweens ago from front quarter panel all the way to the rear one on pass. side)... People suck...

EDIT: Just ordered silicone radiator hoses. $45 on ebababababababaaaaaaay! Let's hope the proposed delivery dates are semi-accurate, since I need this sh*t installed before driving to OCC mazda show/meet lol

Last edited:
Replaced my front strut hats along with strut hat bearings today. Old ones were ripped to pieces. Installed adjustable endlinks while at it. Tomorrow: to replace radiator hoses with silicone ones and heat-wrap the downpipe..

Hopes and dreams of me replacing my front pass. side wheel bearing went outta window yesterday... Friday is another day! I did on the other hand replace my stock radiator hoses with OBX silicone hoses and also finally did wrap the downpipe with the heat wrap. Oh and yeah, painted the piping with flat-black high temp paint.
148995_3842546507885_1404751439_33629884_989756857_n.jpg

563293_3840965988373_1404751439_33629317_192672992_n.jpg

I installed my clear spoiler light

04152012018.jpg

04152012020.jpg

04222012027.jpg

Attachments

• 04152012018.jpg
    04152012018.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 266
  • 04152012020.jpg
    04152012020.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 04222012027.jpg
    04222012027.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
I was looking for this thread once again to sticky it..........Lets get this rolling again!!

Not quite today but very recently ;)

-Made a new rebuild thread :(
-Installed Hella Horns
-Installed AeroCatch Flush Mount Hoodpins
jv282tqTqZxoH.JPG

jbvQwGeEKxKeSC.JPG

changed plugs, and oil, and put in fuel treatment. also got some track tires mounted for autocross in the morning!

^Man, I wish my car was that low milage...

Went for a nice afternoon drive today...and by the time I got to the end my brakes smelled of death and even decided to start smoking. Now, I thought I had bedded them properly when I changed them but I guess today was the first time I've actually driven them hard. Still seems strange for them to smell so bad and smoke since it's been a while since I put them on. Changed the rotors and pads (Hawk's, can't remember which ones they are) just over 500 miles ago. Is that normal since I really haven't been on them hard before now?

Cleaned........ Repainted my Diamond plate floormats for shows and took some interior pics......... Gonna enter ROTM again so I figured I would try some pics.......

jGmnPkWWZbDBv.JPG

j2fNcBJ3d0hdO.JPG

Anybody else use the tennis ball in there garage?
jXEcqATSZNIsK.JPG

j0Ob4LY4FbDpK.JPG

Rob

installed an old racingBeat 20mm rear sway bar last night, and today i decided to pull into the timHorton's too fast- my car wasn't happy with me

Back