What have you done to your MSP today?

i used the turtle wax headlight restoration kit that i got for 8 bux. kinda altered the method i used the second time around since their compound didnt do s*** for me so i dont use it anymore. i used their spray lube and sanding pads and followed their instructions, cleaned off the headlight and let them dry, then applied meguire's tech wax 2.0 and buff it off. maybe 2 - 3 weeks later, i'll need to reapply the wax again. im sure you can use whatever type of wax you want tho

edit: oh, this kit, you just sand the headlights by hand. if you want to use a drill, i'd recommend the 3m kit

Last edited:
Headlight lens resto:If they are really bad then I'd wet sand them with 1000/1200, buff them with Meguairs Ultimate compound and then apply Meguair's Cleaner wax. If it's just mild oxidation then they will respond to a buffing with the cleaner wax, which is a blend of cleaners, polish and wax. You can get the compound, wax and pack of 3M sandpaper from Wal Mart. Mine were losing the coating so I sanded that off a while back. Now I just hit them up with the buffer and an 8" inch pad. I just bought a a 3" mini pad kit that will allow me to get in to the inside corners better. 323 - yours look good, especially for using a kit.

Headlight lens resto:If they are really bad then I'd wet sand them with 1000/1200, buff them with Meguairs Ultimate compound and then apply Meguair's Cleaner wax. If it's just mild oxidation then they will respond to a buffing with the cleaner wax, which is a blend of cleaners, polish and wax. You can get the compound, wax and pack of 3M sandpaper from Wal Mart. Mine were losing the coating so I sanded that off a while back. Now I just hit them up with the buffer and an 8" inch pad. I just bought a a 3" mini pad kit that will allow me to get in to the inside corners better. 323 - yours look good, especially for using a kit.

thanks! i think i may try your method next time around

Did the same thing today to 323. Lol.

cool :D

gave both speeds a wash... fixed the drivers mirror and removed the hardwired radar detector... gonna start removing the Wideband and AEm truboost and SSAFC v2 soon too...

pics of face to face

313635_2379097694617_172285918_n.jpg

This is exactly the same thing I do. After buying one of those kits for it and having it fail in epic proportions, I do it the same way you do. The best part is once you do it once, the cleaner wax normally is all you need for their on out as long as you do it when it starts getting needed.

My radiator cracked, the factory one goes for $380. Is there anything elts that will fit that's cheaper than getting the factory one ....

My radiator cracked, the factory one goes for $380. Is there anything elts that will fit that's cheaper than getting the factory one ....

do you still have a working SMIC or have you thought about going FMIC? the Mishimoto is $155ish but it's a full size rad. Other option is find one used in the FS section

pm me i have one i took out of my msp and its still good.

do you still have a working SMIC or have you thought about going FMIC? the Mishimoto is $155ish but it's a full size rad. Other option is find one used in the FS section
where are you finding it for $155? lowest i could find was around $250.

so it started down pouring at my place. i look out and the water is at the bottom of my side skirts! i got out there asap and moved it. lol

Latest posts

Back