What have you done to your MS3 today?

Driven it almost every day. Life is ...going to be different. I might be forced to sell it. Wife and I are separating. I'm trying to hang onto the one thing I own.
i was just telling this story the other day. I was over to my friends house and his cousin whom i had not seen in over 5 years was visiting.

we had a nice visit. My friend said hey! go for a ride. they both have audi a6 twin turbo awd. older ones but still cool.
when we went around the block he asked me how many miles i had on it. i said 87500 or so and the first two years i put almost 35 k on it i think.
but my favorite part of the story was about when i ordered it in Feb 07.
Back then we had to order them. i had never seen one before. just read everything i could about them and watched a video of it hitting 154.5 on the bahn. in the rain.
and then the engineers telling the press to flat shift it! it can take it !
when doing the promo runs.
got it in May 2007. i had already decided i would keep this car forever. no matter what. thats what i told him.
we have dents and we have scratches we have stories together and we shoulda thrown a rod or two, many many times. but we are still together and i will do everything in my power to maintain that.
My dear friend has planned to bury me in it. no s***.
my kids thinks thats appropriate .

some things you just dont give up. even more so when life is harder than it should be.
you know what i mean A.

through thick and thin.
my Mazdaspeed and beer. not at the same time of course unless its garage/bbq time and jackstands
women come and go. family can get as silly as they want.
i can still hit the topside of the speedo plus and shut it down just as fast.
and when i look at her ass in the garage? i think, i have had my hands all over that. bled cried and triumphed.

keep the car
screw the rest of the world

Last edited:
Not many people know this, when my grandfather passed - who was the most giving and generous man I ever knew, he left the house to my dad. He sold the house and I bought the car with the money from the house. I think about it every time I get in the car.

inanimate objects my eye!

I will recall the first time my grandson , now five months, rode in the car.

Before we got going he was very grumpy.
I told him " Ivan , were going to ride in the Mazda : ) its going to be awesome : ) " and he started smiling.
when i came to work one day when the weather broke and the salt was washed from the roads my buddy looked at me upon arrival.

and said
" you got the Mazda out didnt you"
well i was grinning ear to ear, so yes I did.

I agree keep the car! You'll regret selling it trust me. I lost my first MS3 in a divorce and was part of my motivation and reasoning behind getting another one. Even though people don't understand why I bought it and putting the money into it to fix it. It's to say I've been beaten down but I will still boost on :). Same with my Mx-3 218,000 miles young and still running I refuse to sell the stupid thing. lol.

I agree keep the car! You'll regret selling it trust me. I lost my first MS3 in a divorce and was part of my motivation and reasoning behind getting another one. Even though people don't understand why I bought it and putting the money into it to fix it. It's to say I've been beaten down but I will still boost on :). Same with my Mx-3 218,000 miles young and still running I refuse to sell the stupid thing. lol.
i am getting buried in mine.
the Tach will be set to 7000 and the speedo to 170. well, at least past the 160 mark.

I came up with an idea to keep the car. Both my parents (divorced) offered to let me stay shortly at home until I got my feet underneath me. So in that time I'm going to do my best to pay off the bills I have to help ease the burden on my wallet.

I came up with an idea to keep the car. Both my parents (divorced) offered to let me stay shortly at home until I got my feet underneath me. So in that time I'm going to do my best to pay off the bills I have to help ease the burden on my wallet.
and especially help keep your Mind right : )
I saw the great paint detail you did a ways back. Thats was you right ?
got any pics still of that shining cosmic blue

Congrats. Sorry to hear about the divorce though. Just was looking at a pic you posted in the wheel/fitment section. Love your setup and glad you won't be losing it. It sucks going back to parents but definitely helps. I had to do the same thing.

Nothing new..

There...

And yes, that's actually the reflection of the paint, not the sky. ;)

As well as a very rare peak in the engine bay.

what do your coolant temps get up too with the FMIC?
why does yours look so tidy compared to mine?
that hood is kinda cosmic ; )

With the fan on, before water 199-210, after draining and adding more water 183-196. Depends how hard I'm driving. All the important bits are there. ;)

Message_1434052253384.jpg

I started mine, been puttering with it a bit

Whatsup Eric ?
@ericrapp;

View attachment 211362

I started mine, been puttering with it a bit

Whatsup Eric ?
@ericrapp;
thats some cool puttering!!!
Hey we have the same battery!
what are you using as a tray?
That engine bay is a trip for sure.
you have been busy.
I am jealous. i wont even open my hood for anyone. maybe next year. lol
what did you use on the firewall ?
I am going to study this picture for awhile and use it as motivation.
good to hear from you again !
E

MY WINDSHIED HASN'T SEEN WIND IN 6 MOS

Yeah, see my my build log on MSF, thats where I've been, sad that this place has been so dead, but To use a harry potter analogy, :

I always was supposed to be in slytherin, I only ended up in gryfindor because I tried to pound in a few posts and get the ability to see pics and got got banned. nice that I got my original join date of Feb 2009 back

So, 3" intake PP IM, PP head, manely pistons K1 rods, balanced, BSD, XS power ex mani, GTX 2867, Synapse BPV split second 5th port with bosch 96lb injector, DW65c ITFP

and some powder coating

MY WINDSHIED HASN'T SEEN WIND IN 6 MOS

Yeah, see my my build log on MSF, thats where I've been, sad that this place has been so dead, but To use a harry potter analogy, :

I always was supposed to be in slytherin, I only ended up in gryfindor because I tried to pound in a few posts and get the ability to see pics and got got banned. nice that I got my original join date of Feb 2009 back

So, 3" intake PP IM, PP head, manely pistons K1 rods, balanced, BSD, XS power ex mani, GTX 2867, Synapse BPV split second 5th port with bosch 96lb injector, DW65c ITFP

and some powder coating
you know i was messin about the win shield. you said you just started her! had to find a weakness and thats all i could find LOLz.
got nuthin for you dont worry about that!!
I watch msf to know who is who. i just dont say much.
how do you feel about the BSD? i have that kit around here somewhere but read some bad things and forgot about it and it may not apply to what I want. If i ever get around to the Int manifold install i am going to do some of those little things I did forget. TB and mani phenolic gasket. TB coolant delete. egr delete, catch can. i think i even have a windage tray hanging up somewhere. hell if i know.
The bay looks awesome where the f is your air feeding device. i have a pedestrian mazdaspeed CAI and some kinda smoothed TIP ( dont recall)
and you have that Angel thing for the meth right ?
i was looking at that Synapse set up when i was searching for my FMIC. pretty sweet. i came across a CP-e sale for 20 perc off the upsized unit so just went with that. still using my little Forge. thats gonna have to change soon i bet.
when i throw my rods
i too will build. thats always been the plan.
try as i might try as i may! at 87k i cant seem create a new oil drain. and still hitting 22 on the k04. sure its slow. but its fun. 3rd turbo waiting in a box.

Back