What have you done to your Miata today?

Got the new parts, and then got my shot on Sat. Was wiped out for the rest of the weekend so no progress.

Which did you get? It's been two weeks today that my wife and I received the J&J vaccine. Other than a mildly sore arm we had no issues at all.

Hope you are feeling better by now Bruce. I got Moderna and my wife got Pfizer and after our first shot we both had sore arms. She got her second shot back on the 9th and her arm was very sore that night. The following day is when it hit her. Out of nowhere she got very tired/weak and had a splitting headache. By Sunday morning she was back to feeling better. I get my second shot on May 4th and going to take the 5th off. In case it hits me, I'd rather be home than sitting in the office.

Which did you get? It's been two weeks today that my wife and I received the J&J vaccine. Other than a mildly sore arm we had no issues at all.
astrazeneca

Hope you are feeling better by now Bruce. I got Moderna and my wife got Pfizer and after our first shot we both had sore arms. She got her second shot back on the 9th and her arm was very sore that night. The following day is when it hit her. Out of nowhere she got very tired/weak and had a splitting headache. By Sunday morning she was back to feeling better. I get my second shot on May 4th and going to take the 5th off. In case it hits me, I'd rather be home than sitting in the office.
Thanks, feeling better now, wasn't too bad, definitely not sick or debilitating.

Replaced the JBR engine bay sill plates, oil dipstick handle, battery hold down strap and Mishimoto w/w fluid reservoir with the OEM parts. I was very happy with the quality of the parts and the bling they provided. However my lack of motivation to do a 117K+ mile deep clean of the engine bay meant that I would be embarrassed to open the hood at a car show/meet to show them off.

That said, I started to shake a little when thinking of putting the yellow OEM oil dipstick handle back on. So, I broke out the blue paint and painted it. Now it matches the brake fluid reservoir cap from my NC and blends in as it is a darker blue. I also left the JBR blue intake induction hose installed for now. My butt dyno was not pleased when I inquired about putting the accordion hose back on and went to management. Maybe I will buy a black one in the future?

😞😞 it’s weird, or I’m weird, because I get so much enjoyment out of cleaning the engine bay! 🤪

I need to get around to cleaning my CX-9's engine bay - I haven't touched it since I took delivery at the beginning of 2018!

Do you have any tips/tricks or recommendations? Or is the process pretty straightforward?

Get a throw away brush that you can use to get in all the crevices first! Try to get as much of the loose debris as possible out. Then hose down the bay after covering the major electronics with a plastic bag. Then use a good degreaser. Chemical Guys makes a good one. Follow the directions but basically brush/wipe the entire bay top down and then rinse. Depending on how dirty you may have to do it twice. When I was driving the p5 yr round I spent several hours detailing the car in and out. It was so rewarding and in the good weather it doesn’t take much to keep it tidy! Every time I was the car I open the hood and wipe things down, easy peasy! 😆

Was a good day today. Got the new rad in, new ac condenser, rad hoses and ps back in place. Still need to connect the ac together, install the battery and get it charged, air intake and add distilled water and PS fluid.

Rad was a pain to install. Had some issues and had to remove and reinstall it twice before I got the mounting right. Also had to remove and reinstall a few items when I got the order wrong but nothing bug.

That's on the books for tomorrow. Hoping to start her up tomorrow after a years slumber.

Thanks but nothing today. Other stuff and the fact I can't get tranny fluid unless I order it and do curbside pickup.

😞😞 it’s weird, or I’m weird, because I get so much enjoyment out of cleaning the engine bay! 🤪
I don't think it is weird. I understand how some people find it relaxing and/or satisfying.
I need to get around to cleaning my CX-9's engine bay - I haven't touched it since I took delivery at the beginning of 2018!

Do you have any tips/tricks or recommendations? Or is the process pretty straightforward?
Mark is spot on with his tips. This video is a good watch too

Cleaning Engine Bay
Jeff, get Mark to do it.
Oh that thought crossed my mind. I am sure a case of Stella would be a good start. :D
Was a good day today. Got the new rad in, new ac condenser, rad hoses and ps back in place. Still need to connect the ac together, install the battery and get it charged, air intake and add distilled water and PS fluid.

Rad was a pain to install. Had some issues and had to remove and reinstall it twice before I got the mounting right. Also had to remove and reinstall a few items when I got the order wrong but nothing bug.

That's on the books for tomorrow. Hoping to start her up tomorrow after a years slumber.
Nice Bruce! I did hear that the rad replacement on the NC was a PITA. Hope you can get that tranny fluid soon so you can get her on the road.

Saturday, I went on another drive with the club. It was a gorgeous day! We ended at the Blue Mountain Ski Resort where we had a picnic lunch and then made a quick drive to the Blue Mountain Diner for ice cream.

This is a map of our different destinations, note that I left my house in Easton to meet the club in Northampton. From there we drove to the Delaware Water Gap for a quick restroom break and then over to Blue Mountain. Obviously this was not our route as the map shows the quickest using highways. Maybe my wife is right and I am crazy. 🤪

Drive map
20210424_132615.jpg
20210424_135533.jpg

It sure was and this weekend is a ride to Dieffenbach's potato chip factory. Mmmmmm

Be careful, I might just take you up on that! ;) But of course, I just sold the Mishimoto w/w fluid reservoir. :(

It sure was and this weekend is a ride to Dieffenbach's potato chip factory. Mmmmmm

Be careful, I might just take you up on that! ;) But of course, I just sold the Mishimoto w/w fluid reservoir. :(
Dumb.....I would have bought it and sold mine.....😉

Back