What have you done to your Miata today?

A blue intake induction hose from JBR is in the mail. Just got an email from VLEDs announcing their end of year sale, 20% off sitewide. So I finally broke down and ordered LEDs for my reverse lights. :D

A blue intake induction hose from JBR is in the mail. Just got an email from VLEDs announcing their end of year sale, 20% off sitewide. So I finally broke down and ordered LEDs for my reverse lights. :D
Looking forward to pics as always...😁

Took her to the beach.

Attachments

• 40AAAEAF-E807-4026-B62D-638843585FC3.jpeg
    40AAAEAF-E807-4026-B62D-638843585FC3.jpeg
    391.4 KB · Views: 119
Took her to the beach.

The sand and water look lovely! That three? Not so much. lol

My wife and I were supposed to be spending two months in Southern Florida beginning 1/1/2021, Lounging on the beaches of Naples and eating fresh seafood. Covid screwed that up for us. We canceled the trip. If we can't do the things that we want to do because of worry about the pandemic then we'll just stay home. Not gonna spend all that money only to have a half assed 'vacation'.

The dead tree was actually stuck in the sand for Christmas, it had lights on it....FL is really open compared to many other states. You’d never know there was a pandemic except for the masks!
413CCF9C-F485-478F-8AA7-93289F7935E4.jpeg

Beautiful pics Mark....looks so calm and serene.

Agreed @Conrad 16.5. Last year I surprised my wife with a trip to Chicago, bought the plane tix but told her early so we could plan the rest of the trip together. Decided to cancel and then planned on visiting the Keys for our 25th in May but Covid happened.

I see I neglected to post some things in this thread. I have a set of front hubs with bearings inbound, already received the Redline CV2 grease I'm going to repack them with. Stopped by the dealer today and ordered the front brake dust shields to match the Sport brakes I installed last year. I finally bought a welder, waiting on that to show up. First job with that after some practice will be to add a proper fourth muffler mount so that it will stay in the correct position (with the add-on mount I am using, the muffler tends to shift to the left).

This was last week but I was having trouble getting onto my photo sharing site so I could post pictures. I found a printed cam sprocket tool and bought it. When I got it I placed my FM tool on top to show how it lines up:
50937028438_aa619fb14c_c.jpg

50937717806_9fa1f677a6_c.jpg

The printed one is much wider so I expect it will stay in place better than the metal FM one. I don't have a timing belt job in the near future but thought I'd go ahead and pick this one up. If anyone is interested I can provide the link to the eBay auction.

The weather finally got warm enough to get some work done. Hoisted her into the air, pulled and calibrated the wideband O2 sensor which I hope will correct some surging I had when I took her out the other day. Then I moved to the rear. ;) Removed the lower diffuser and my temporary muffler hanger (which has been installed for something like two years). I then set up the new hanger I bought:
50983955917_5c8cab0af3_c.jpg

I need to buy myself some proper ViseGrip welding pliers to make this easier the next time. I didn't have any stainless stock to practice on and my first attempt (which was vertical) was barely good enough to get it stuck in place. I ended up removing the muffler to do flat welding. Not the best I have ever done but it's solid and only ended up a little off-set:
50983849041_9ef04f1086_c.jpg

Once that was done I put it all back together. I forgot how much of a PITA a couple of the screws at the back of the diffuser were to get in place. I literally was straining to put the middle one on the passenger side together. If I did any sort of bulk exercise I would have been screwed. In any event it is all back together and as can be seen, the muffler is well clear of the previous impact zone on the diffuser:
50983144238_30289288e8_c.jpg

Yesterday I disassembled my new front hubs, cleaned out all the grease and regreased them with some Redline CV2 grease. Installation to come.

Installed the front hubs along with new brake dust shields, these are the bigger ones needed for the Sport brakes I installed last year (figured why not upgrade while the hubs were off).

Installed the front hubs along with new brake dust shields, these are the bigger ones needed for the Sport brakes I installed last year (figured why not upgrade while the hubs were off).
I understand your thought process for this but it appears you didn't think it through all of the way. Larger dust shields equal more mass thus adding unsprung weight. How will this affect your mileage and most importantly those auto-x times?!o_O

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I understand your thought process for this but it appears you didn't think it through all of the way. Larger dust shields equal more mass thus adding unsprung weight. How will this affect your mileage and most importantly those auto-x times?!o_O

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I cut the tone rings off the new hubs (I don't have ABS) so I figure I actually dropped a few grams.

Last week some General GMax RS in 225/45/17 were delivered. Friday some 949Racing hubcentric rings and black valve stems were delivered. Saturday some Rays lugs and valve stem caps in blue showed up in my mailbox. Today Mr. Fed-Ex delivered the last piece of the puzzle! The new Kogeki wheel, exclusive (their design) to Flyin' Miata. 17x8, 4x100, +45 offset, with a weight of 15.95lbs in gloss black. :D

Now, I just need to make an appt. to get the tires mounted and balanced.
20210321_140824.jpg
20210321_140316.jpg
20210322_132553.jpg
20210322_132758.jpg

Back