What have you done to your Miata today?

73 degrees here yesterday in Northern Illinois.

What did I do with my Miata today? I took a nice long drive with the top down baby!

@Antoine
Yes indeed! Also helps to convince the wife why I need to "upgrade". Lol

@Reitrof
Nice Bruce!

@Conrad 16.5
👍Awesome! Temps are going to be same here in NE PA, so I will be taking advantage of it.

That said, I didn't want to wait until the last minute so winter tires are being mounted today.
20201106_090057.jpg

Soooo, Corksport replied that it won't be available till mid april due to material shortage. Sigh

It was such a beautiful day yesterday. 76 degrees and sunny with a mild breeze. A perfect day for a long drive with the top down.

The nicest day in about four years.

Soooo, Corksport replied that it won't be available till mid april due to material shortage. Sigh

Hang in there if you can. One of our club members drove his 3 today (left his 2002 NB with FM turbo home so his wife and son could enjoy a day out with him). He has the CS and loves it.
20201108_105004.jpg
20201108_105014.jpg

Nice. They supply they had sold out faster than they thought. They are the only game in town so far.

Happy to hear you are safe and sound and enjoying those grand kids Mark!

I have heard rumors the NE may be electric or partially electric. Maybe the electric-Wankel hybrid that has been rumored for a few years now? Personally, I hope they continue making it with the ICE. What fun is a sportscar with an electric hum?
Here you go 🤨

Attachments

• C634C0A8-F27E-4077-8F73-1F6B7C38F47B.jpeg
    C634C0A8-F27E-4077-8F73-1F6B7C38F47B.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 114
A sad day yesterday.

I put the MX away for the season.

Took a drive to the gas station, dumped in 5oz of Stabil, filled her up. Once home I put the MX onto my homemade ramps. Drained and filled the trans fluid then changed the engine oil.

For the trans fill I set up a 'IV' fill method using a 10' length of clear tubing and a 6' step ladder. After cutting the tip off of the Mazda IS trans lube filler nozzle and attaching the clear tubing to the nozzle with a cable tie. I inserted the other end of the tubing into the trans filler port. I then put the bottle upside down on top of the ladder with the tubing going through one of the holes in the ladder (normally used for a hammer or some such). I then poked a hole in the bottom of the upside-down bottle and let gravity do the work. The lube moved slowly but I finished up the engine oil change while the lube ran into the trans. Once the first bottle was empty I attached the second and let it do it's thing. Two bottles wasn't enough so I did the same thing with the third till the trans was full.

Worked perfectly. It helped to have the lube warmed up to flow a bit better. I simply had the three bottles sitting in the sunshine for an hour or so.

Always a sad day to put the car away for the winter! After the NE winters ate my P5 after just 9 yrs, I never was going to subject my miata‘s to that! I was fortunate to have a winter beater so I could stow them away. Last yr and this winter I have my car in NC (my winter home) so I can drive her almost yr round now. Can’t wait to be reunited in Jan.

Swapped out the OEM carpet mats for the 3D MAXpider mats a couple of days ago. Initially planned on only using them for the winter but think I will use them all year round.

I have those same mats for both my MX and for the CX. The MX is a fair weather car only but the CX gets driven year round.

When I first bought the MAXpider mats for the CX I too was only going to use them in the winter months but they look so good and cover so much better than the OEMs, I leave them in all the time.

Always a sad day to put the car away for the winter! After the NE winters ate my P5 after just 9 yrs, I never was going to subject my miata‘s to that! I was fortunate to have a winter beater so I could stow them away. Last yr and this winter I have my car in NC (my winter home) so I can drive her almost yr round now. Can’t wait to be reunited in Jan.
When I was going south for the winter, that was i liked the best. Driving my car year round

So true, if not for the rust, I'd still have the P5.
I have those same mats for both my MX and for the CX. The MX is a fair weather car only but the CX gets driven year round.

When I first bought the MAXpider mats for the CX I too was only going to use them in the winter months but they look so good and cover so much better than the OEMs, I leave them in all the time.
Exactly what changed my mind too. My wife got in the car the other day and really liked them as well. We had the OEM mats thrown in when we leased her CX-5, have a feeling I will be replacing them soon. Lol
When I was going south for the winter, that was i liked the best. Driving my car year round
One day, I hope to be like you and Mark!

Back