What have you done to your Miata today?

Said my goodbyes.:cry:

Attachments

• 20200813_074844.jpg
    20200813_074844.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 110
Thanks Bruce!

Today my new-to-me 2016 ST GT AT in ceramic metallic was dropped off! We took a quick drive around the block after signing paperwork. Then I gave it a good wash. It was nasty after the 1100+ mile trip.

Attachments

• 20200823_142235.jpg
    20200823_142235.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 118
Thanks Bruce!

Today my new-to-me 2016 ST GT AT in ceramic metallic was dropped off! We took a quick drive around the block after signing paperwork. Then I gave it a good wash. It was nasty after the 1100+ mile trip.
Congrats, it's a beaut! :love:

Thanks Bruce!

She's a beauty! Looks just like mine.

@Antoine @Conrad 16.5

Thank you gentleman!

Will get it registered in PA this afternoon, yay taxes. lol Then an appointment for safety/emissions inspection and then he is good to go (got the insurance card this morning).

One of the next things I need to do is figure out how to modify the cool breeze scoop to fit. :)

@Antoine @Conrad 16.5

Thank you gentleman!

Will get it registered in PA this afternoon, yay taxes. lol Then an appointment for safety/emissions inspection and then he is good to go (got the insurance card this morning).

One of the next things I need to do is figure out how to modify the cool breeze scoop to fit. :)

I had no idea what a 'cool breeze scoop' was till just now. Did you buy this thing already?

I've never had any issues with being too hot below the waist while driving this car. The only issue with hot temps for me is with the sun shinning on me when the top is down (which it is 99.9% of the time).

YMMV

I had no idea what a 'cool breeze scoop' was till just now. Did you buy this thing already?

I've never had any issues with being too hot below the waist while driving this car. The only issue with hot temps for me is with the sun shinning on me when the top is down (which it is 99.9% of the time).

YMMV

Yes, it is NC specific so need to see if it needs modification to fit the ND. I don't think they ever made an ND specific one and the company is now out of business.

You would be surprised at how well it keeps you cool. It moves that cold air into the foot wells and helps to keep your legs/feet cool on those hot days.

Did a few little minor things today.
  • Cravenspeed Gemini phone mount
  • Light-In-Sight
  • MX5 Things center console shelf
  • MX5 Things 3rd brake light flasher
  • MX5 Things airbag warning overlay replacement (ST silouhette)
  • Millionth Miata badge
  • ProBolt USA hardware - two M6 aluminum flanged dome nuts, one for the fuse box, the other for the windshield washer fluid reservoir. One M6 1mm x 20mm aluminum socket cap bolt and 23mm aluminum drilled washer for the windshield washer fluid reservoir.

• Light-In-Sight
  • Millionth Miata badge
  • ProBolt USA hardware - two M6 aluminum flanged dome nuts, one for the fuse box, the other for the windshield washer fluid reservoir. One M6 1mm x 20mm aluminum socket cap bolt and 23mm aluminum drilled washer for the windshield washer fluid reservoir.
And so it has begun...😁 Can't wait to see what's next! (y)

• Light-In-Sight
  • Millionth Miata badge

Wow and you haven't had it for more than a day or 2. Nice.

And so it has begun...😁 Can't wait to see what's next! (y)

Yes indeed! Will be getting a FSTB in the near future (thanks Mark!:)) and got a package from CarbonMiata earlier but that will have to sit for a few weeks. Had hernia surgery this morning so no bending, squatting, etc. for a little while. 😬

Next two must-haves will be having AA/ACP installed and snow tires. Just have to decide what I want to do. Buy snow tires and mount them to the OEM wheels or buy a new set of wheels/tires for winter duty. If I use the OEM for winter then I will need to shop for some new wheels/tires next spring for summer duty.

Wow and you haven't had it for more than a day or 2. Nice

Yeah, placed the orders with CravenSpeed, CarbonMiata, MX5 Things and Arkon Resources the same day I put the deposit on the car.

I knew my surgery was coming up so I could do these little things before if they came in on time. My plan almost worked to perfection.

I would use the stocks for winter and get another wider set for summer.

Good luck post hernia

That is the way I'm leaning. I have been looking at the 17x8 Konig options out there. Don't really want black, maybe bronze on the ceramic? I really like the look of the Ampliform.

Thank you! All things considered I feel pretty good today and I am getting around well.

Jeff, car looks great. My ACP doesn’t always connect when I start the car...and sometimes disconnects when driving....real pain for using google maps. 😕. I’m not sure if it’s something I didn’t do when install it or what? I hope you have better luck then me.

Thanks for your insight Mark. Will have to see if the same thing happens on Tam's new CX-5 as well. For me the biggest change will be that the touchscreen is locked out while driving vs. the aftermarket h/u I am familiar with.

I looked into doing myself but don't want to be bothered with all of those firmware updates and doing in order, etc. so I will pay the dealer. Dealer charged us $333.86 for install on the CX-5, to me it is well worth it.

Installed the ProClip USA phone mount on the Cravenspeed Gemini car mount. I found an AMPS adapter online and for $5, figured it was worth a try. At certain positions the weight of the phone/mount cause the CS to 'sag' a bit. I found a position where the sag is minimal but waiting to see how it will hold up during normal driving.

Back