What have you done to your Miata today?

Car looks clean Mike! I don't blame you about the wiring. Contorting under the steering wheel on your back is never a fun time.

Jealous Mark! Another overcast day here and I am in the office. Will be headed home soon and may be my only visit for the week? Have to wait and see if any "essential" requests come in.

Looking good Mark. I've been taking mine out as often as I can for some stress release.

Thanks Jeff.

Got around to checking my current drain yesterday. Put a new fuse into my meter and connected it up. Happily, I only saw 11.4 milliamps with nothing turned on. I'm guessing the old battery just wasn't good. I will be putting the Battery Tender on it before I head off to work next time (whenever that will be) to keep the battery charge topped off.

Couple of days ago the weather was nice so I decided to go about finishing my footwell light install. One of the biggest PITA jobs I have ever done on this car (which is saying something). After multiple times in and out from under the dash I finally had the power wire connected. This was made difficult beyond just the location of the wire by the vamp clamp provided with the kit being a little too large to bite on the factory wire. I closed it up a bit and got everything working. Well, for a little while. After multiple tests the lights stopped working. Checked the fuses and found the room fuse blown. After replacing that I had the header light back but not the footwell lights. I was too tired of underdash work so called it a day.

This morning before heading out I figured I better check my taillights to make sure nothing had happened to them. Good thing too, as it turned out the passenger side brake light was out. All fuses were good so I figured it was just the bulb. I decided to go ahead and replace all the bulbs back there so picked some up. I replaced the backup lights with LEDs, of course I installed both backwards (LEDs are polarity sensitive if you don't know) but after correcting that everything was good and noticeably brighter. For easy reference, the backup and turn signal bulbs are 7440, the brake/taillights are 7443 (dual element type).

Weather has been awesome! Drove the back roads.....

Attachments

• E5E97471-ED26-4F3A-B0D1-2571165F8503.jpeg
    E5E97471-ED26-4F3A-B0D1-2571165F8503.jpeg
    827.4 KB · Views: 161
Very basic upgrade today: changed out the OEM incandescent dome and trunk lights for LEDs. Seems trivial but a is a nice upgrade!

Very basic upgrade today: changed out the OEM incandescent dome and trunk lights for LEDs. Seems trivial but a is a nice upgrade!

If you haven't already done so, another easy upgrade for the cabin light is a clear cover from a Mitsubishi. Same size just clear, so more light gets through. Part number is
MR951527.

Last edited:
Hopefully this weekend with the warmer weather will get to start working on the miata. Order new rims and tires, should be ready this week. Need to tear apart the front and fix the damage the raccoon did last fall. Also want to replace the pads and rotors along with the rad. Looking at the CSF rad.

installed a small bar magnet behind my dash above the climate controls as a stealth mount for my phone. although I have carplay, but I still need access for the app that open my garage door and others too. easy enough, took about 20 mins start to finish.

Attachments

• magnet.jpg
    magnet.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 168
  • phone.JPG
    phone.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 162
Took her out and drove her for the first time in a while. We even put the top down when out on the open road. Filled up with some fresh gas, that hasn't been done since I put the MX away last fall.

Yes, they are a nice upgrade. Would be nice if Mazda installed them in the factory.

Hopefully this weekend with the warmer weather will get to start working on the miata. Order new rims and tires, should be ready this week. Need to tear apart the front and fix the damage the raccoon did last fall. Also want to replace the pads and rotors along with the rad. Looking at the CSF rad.

Hey Bruce! Any luck finding another MS bumper? What wheels and tires did you get and just wanted to change up the FD wheels? I just had General G-Max RS mounted and balanced for summer duty.

installed a small bar magnet behind my dash above the climate controls as a stealth mount for my phone. although I have carplay, but I still need access for the app that open my garage door and others too. easy enough, took about 20 mins start to finish.

Nice Mark, looks good. Maybe I will try something like this to mount my Ultragauge. I have patiently been waiting for the temps to warm up so I can mount it using the double sided tape. These would allow me to remove the mounting base if/when needed.

That would work Jeff....can you access the back side easy enough?
went out for a two hour ride today, 75, beauty of a day and no traffic!

Attachments

• 45B8D46A-47BB-414E-8B43-A83A86084863.jpeg
    45B8D46A-47BB-414E-8B43-A83A86084863.jpeg
    766.6 KB · Views: 159
That would work Jeff....can you access the back side easy enough?
went out for a two hour ride today, 75, beauty of a day and no traffic!

Guess that will also depend on where I decide to mount it. lol I really wish they would have put access to the controls on the side. Right now I am thinking of placing it on the center console near my right knee or up on the dash near the A-pillar. Near the A-pillar would give me better access to the rear controls.

I think your magnet idea would be great in mounting the base to either spot. This way I can remove the base if/when needed. Especially if I mount it near the radio and ever need to remove the sail panels.

Went with some Enkeis, 17x9 and RS4's 245/40/17. Still haven't had a chance to start tearing down the front end yet. Still too cold to work on the car.

Those are very nice indeed and will look great on the true red! What are you doing with the FD wheels?

I hear ya! Sun has been poking its head out of the clouds here but the wind has been bitter.

Absolutely love the Ceramic color and paired with the Club package...MmmmHmmm! Lookin' good as usual Mark!

Took this the other day on a jaunt into the office. :)
Emilia - 472020.png

Today, I finally got around to measuring my ride height after having the Koni Sports and Progress springs installed last September. I tried finding a nice flat area when taking both before/after measurements. They were taken with OEM 17x7 wheels and 215/45/17 tires (after is with a new set installed) on the car. I measured from the bottom of the fender to the center of the hub using my best eyeball and my handy dandy tape measure.
smile.gif
I keep a tool bag in the trunk and it sits on the driver's side, I figure that helps account for the lower number on that corner.

Before:
DF - 14 3/4
PF - 15
DR - 14 2/8
PR - 14 3/16

After:
DF - 13 3/4
PF - 13 3/4
DR - 13 1/2
PF - 13 3/4

Absolutely love the Ceramic color and paired with the Club package...MmmmHmmm! Lookin' good as usual Mark!

Took this the other day on a jaunt into the office. :)
View attachment 224337

Today, I finally got around to measuring my ride height after having the Koni Sports and Progress springs installed last September. I tried finding a nice flat area when taking both before/after measurements. They were taken with OEM 17x7 wheels and 215/45/17 tires (after is with a new set installed) on the car. I measured from the bottom of the fender to the center of the hub using my best eyeball and my handy dandy tape measure.
smile.gif
I keep a tool bag in the trunk and it sits on the driver's side, I figure that helps account for the lower number on that corner.

Before:
DF - 14 3/4
PF - 15
DR - 14 2/8
PR - 14 3/16

After:
DF - 13 3/4
PF - 13 3/4
DR - 13 1/2
PF - 13 3/4
nothing like a lowered Miata! I use pd progress springs too, the drop was about an inch all the way around Looks good in the pre dawn hour! You still going in?

Attachments

• 8BEAD362-B5CE-4843-8CFB-8E62CB3B9B6B.jpeg
    8BEAD362-B5CE-4843-8CFB-8E62CB3B9B6B.jpeg
    434.1 KB · Views: 164
nothing like a lowered Miata! I use pd progress springs too, the drop was about an inch all the way around Looks good in the pre dawn hour! You still going in?

Isn't that the truth! Thanks, here is a pic with a better glimpse of the non-4x4 factory look (main office bldg on the campus in the background). I have been going in when needed, which has been everyday this week. Lawyers are still billing hours so I have to pull records for litigation.
Emilia - 4232020.jpeg

Isn't that the truth! Thanks, here is a pic with a better glimpse of the non-4x4 factory look (main office bldg on the campus in the background). I have been going in when needed, which has been everyday this week. Lawyers are still billing hours so I have to pull records for litigation.View attachment 224346
Nice! So is the company done?

Back