What have you done to your Miata today?

Watched the temp readout in my MS when the fans kicked on: 175degF.

Edit: yar, the market is not going to be prolific. Just a few bucks to offset my car hobby costs is nice though. :)

Last edited:
My Miata is finally back together!

Evan painted my intake manifold, fuel rail, and intake wrinkle black and it looks fantastic! We installed the intake manifold and intake last week, but yesterday I put the fuel rail back on.
C6F6C511-5EDF-4DAD-AFC7-CC44D698297A.jpg

Since my Xidas are now 2 months late and no delivery date in sight, I borrowed a coilover setup and got that installed along with new front rotors:
89C8691F-8F23-4E73-A26C-4969B4F47400.jpg

And... new 949 adjustable end links in the rear of the car.
4886E9BA-5965-4283-864D-591000BB51B6.jpg

It feels tremendous to have the car back together and running for the first time in months!
First time at home in the new garage:
BF03D0B7-363D-4931-870F-ADE8454C23AF.jpg

I ordered some BFG Rivals that will be delivered today. I'll take them to get mounted to the 6ULs tomorrow. Alignment is scheduled for Thursday.

Congrats Pablo!

I planned a wrenching weekend for the middle of July to get my MSM back up and running! It's been down since Easter and I am dying to get her running again. Bought her, had a week of fun and then she attempted suicide and has been in the garage since. If anyone wants to come to Pitt for the fun, let me know hahaha

Pretty excited about it, won't have a turbo but has lots of suspension and bracing. I had more fun at the autox driving a stock NB than mine, so I'm hoping this will be lots more fun. Too bad it ends up in DP, will be fine for local events but will be killed in a Pro.

Finally got around to disconnecting my rear sway bar. Holy mother-of-rear-grip-on-corner-exit batman!

Finally got around to disconnecting my rear sway bar. Holy mother-of-rear-grip-on-corner-exit batman!

One day I'm gong to figure out why everyone's so resistant to that. I had a guy building a GRM challenge car that asked me to co-drive with him to help him dial the car in. No problem. We went for 3 of our runs each, every time we'd come back and I'd say "this thing is oversteering like *crazy*, you REALLY should try it with the rear sway disconnected." After the 3, he finally tried it and we disconnected 1 of the end links in grid. Instantly dropped seconds, because we weren't chasing the tail around the entire course. It takes a little more setup to get it dialed in without the rear sway, but just disconnecting it makes a HUGE difference.

I've yet to experience this, will have to give it a shot. Do you disconnect it all the time or just during autox events?

After I tried it with it disconnected, it's been simply removed ever since (this goes back to when I could & would occasionally drive it to work).

One day I'm gong to figure out why everyone's so resistant to that. I had a guy building a GRM challenge car that asked me to co-drive with him to help him dial the car in. No problem. We went for 3 of our runs each, every time we'd come back and I'd say "this thing is oversteering like *crazy*, you REALLY should try it with the rear sway disconnected." After the 3, he finally tried it and we disconnected 1 of the end links in grid. Instantly dropped seconds, because we weren't chasing the tail around the entire course. It takes a little more setup to get it dialed in without the rear sway, but just disconnecting it makes a HUGE difference.

It just seems a little unholy to not have a rear sway bar at all, and a number of experts (including FM) suggest having a rear sway if at all possible. Eventually I'd like to do the tried-and-true RB tubular front sway and stock rear sway.

I've yet to experience this, will have to give it a shot. Do you disconnect it all the time or just during autox events?

I'm planning on leaving mine disconnected all the time. Not over-steering on the street is probably more important than during autox. From a 'keeping the car not crashed' perspective anyway (I don't mean that as a dig at you, I mean that in a 'I saw my fiance get sideways on an entrance ramp when the turbo spooled up and I didn't really like it' sort of way).

Back