Over the Labor Day weekend I gave him a wash and made some lighting changes. Installed the suite of CarbonMiata smoked LED units. They include the license plate lights, front and rear bumper markers and sequential side markers. I also installed their sequential rear turn signals. And in exciting news (to me anyway) the cool breeze scoop for the NC was a direct fit for the ND! Well, kinda sorta. The fit in the weather seal isn't as tight as it was on the NC but it didn't require any modification. I've been up to 55mph and it hasn't moved, let's see how it fares on the highway tomorrow.
Took advantage of some Labor Day sales and ordered LED front turn signals, an LED dome light and LED trunk light from TRS. Ordered some resistors from VLEDs for the front turn signals. For the engine bay I got the CravenSpeed oil dipstick handle and JBRs battery tie down and sill plates.
Congratulations on the new ride Jeff. We're finally back in port so I can follow along what everyone else is doing. The most I have done for mine is ask the wife to start her up. Three more months before I can get back in the saddle.
Thanks Mike! Happy to hear you made it back safe! Those three months will be over before you know it.
Over the weekend, I drove up to CT to meet Bazooka Joe for a car show. Had a great time! Got a CravenSpeed stubby, MX-5 Things wind blocker, Megan Racing FSTB and some stainless steel door latch covers from him. Got all installed minus the FSTB. Have to install the cowl bracket sitting in the garage first.
The other night I walked in the door and surprised Tam in the kitchen. She turned around and said "The one thing I don't like about your new car is that I can't hear you coming down the street". I took this as permission to do something about it so along with the gasket, I ordered a Roadster Sport Super Street Single Tip (a.k.a SSST) from GWR.
After dinner I finally got my Morimoto X-VF LED 5500K front turn signals installed. To prevent hyperflash I installed a pair of MX-5 Things 4 Ohm 50w resistors in the trunk. I wasn't crazy about drilling small holes in the trunk so I re-used the bases that came on the resistors with the Carbon Miata sequential rear turn signals. I applied some new 3M tape to secure them in the trunk. Worked out perfectly.