What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Installed a thule fairing for the roof rack i bought from davicho. I couldnt stand the wind noise anymore and it reduced it alot. Luckly i got the fairing for 50% off so i couldnt pass it up

Ooooo nice, the faring adds the right finishing touch to it, I don't know what it is about the roof rack, but I really like the over all look of it on the car when I see them around on the roads, even though I think i would never use it, did you have that from factory? it locks in with a key?

Yes it does have a lock. I think the oem mazda roof rack is the same as the thule when i wqs looking at pics thats one of the reasons i went with the thule fairing. All i need now is the bar for the bike and im set

lp1gVyj.jpg

8HbByiQ.jpg

I bought the https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). Noticed little to no difference signal-wise, not like I use it much anyway.

that's mint! (2thumbs) , I will have to order one, glad it doesn't mess with the signal., it seems to pick up stations I could barley get in the Protg.

Replaced the plugs this morning, my second set of Denso Iridiums since I bought the car. The old plugs looked really good, equal wear of the electrode, all four plugs the same color (frosted light whte). I'm pleased and encouraged that they looked so good with the current milesge of 219,516. She may see 300K in my ownership after all!

That is very encouraging! About to put my iridiums in next week!

Hey everyone, I'm brand new to the site and loving it so far. I just bought my first Mazda5 last week. Today I just snapped a couple of pictures.

Last edited:
Surprisingly enough none of my previous cars had tinted windows but I'm really glad this one does. Especially with a little one on the way.

Speaking of tint, I drove mine into work today WITHOUT any tint and it SUCKED! I had to remove my 5% tint to get the van through state inspection, luckily I used "static cling film" so it was a five minute process to remove. I plan to use the old stuff as templates to re-tint with something a little lighter. I haven't driven the van without tint since right after I bought it and I had forgotten how much sunlight all that glass lets in. Also got new tires (Kumho Ecsta 4X IIs) and repaired the leaking exhaust this past weekend so we are good to go through next year.

Hey everyone, I'm brand new to the site and loving it so far. I just bought my first Mazda5 last week. Today I just snapped a couple of pictures.

awesome she looks like the one I just bought last month! 132km :) love it so far., already done a few mods, welcome to the 5 zoom zoom

Thanks, this model and color is probably my favorite of all the 5's. Getting a new windshield today, free of charge, thanks dealership! Now if I could figure out why is pulling to the right. The dealership did an alignment and rotated the tires but still pulls. They mentioned the caster is less on the right side. It might be a subframe connection or something.

update to my 5:
H&R lowering springs and rear adjustable control arms.

stock vs H&R

stock vs H&R

RCA installed

result

-goki

Thanks, this model and color is probably my favorite of all the 5's. Getting a new windshield today, free of charge, thanks dealership! Now if I could figure out why is pulling to the right. The dealership did an alignment and rotated the tires but still pulls. They mentioned the caster is less on the right side. It might be a subframe connection or something.

yea I waited months before I could fine one in Galaxy grey mica with low kms,., was your windshield cracked? I fine mine is blurry like the plastic film has some how messed up!?, take a good look at all your bushings if you can,.

Yeah a big chip on the drivers side, started to crack after they tried to repair it. They made it right so I'm happy. Thanks for the top on the bushings, I'll take a look.

Re-tinted the van. Went with 5% on the rear window and the little bitty quarter windows, 20% on the the sliders. Worked an early shift this morning and the glare coming through the untinted windows was BRUTAL. Also repaired the loose cai tube on the bottom of my airbox. I have decided to build a true CAI setup using the diy stuff from Spectre, been thinking about it for a while.

Re-tinted the van. Went with 5% on the rear window and the little bitty quarter windows, 20% on the the sliders. Worked an early shift this morning and the glare coming through the untinted windows was BRUTAL. Also repaired the loose cai tube on the bottom of my airbox. I have decided to build a true CAI setup using the diy stuff from Spectre, been thinking about it for a while.

tthis is what I want todo this summer., I cant stand glare and being visible to others lol!, mine came with factory tint but its all faded now to the point where it is pretty much just uv protection., I'm still debating togo with 20% like you or 15%, do you have any pix of new tint setup? did you go with a pre-cut kit?

update to my 5:
H&R lowering springs and rear adjustable control arms.
-goki

now this looks proper! nice 5! , wish I could lower mine a touch, but the wife says NO! haha., all in good time., hehe, wondering as to the LCA ,but witch shocks and struts did you go with?

OOTege, I actually had 5% on all the back windows until very recently and I liked it just fine. It was hard to back into my dark driveway at night with the windows that dark, but I learned to deal with it. I used static cling film from Gila and cut it myself. I make paper templates that I lay on the tint film to make sure I get it right on the first try.

Mazda5 Premacy'08

Relocated front license plate frame and holder to the tow hook panel with a homemade bracket holding the plate stiff and steady at its position. Turned out looking smooth.

20160402_231158.jpg

20160402_231417.jpg

20160402_225828.jpg

Thought I might add my 2 cents about MY09 GT:

Thank you to to all the contributors to this forum, I've enjoyed reading all the helpful hints to make the MZ5 a great mini,mini van.

My Story on MY09 GT:
Tired of the knocking noise in the front since i bought the MZ5 used. with 19K miles, now 60k...

Did everything... Koni FDS, Moog end links F/R, installed prothane RSB bushes-still made clunky noise and squeeked-removed them, then replaced with Updated OEM FSB/ MS3 RSB, ,, to no avail..., the clunking continued about a week after replacing the OEM FSB bushes...frustrating, maybe the clunk will disappear after the PMM is replaced. (eric the car guy on youtube sugguested it might be the motor mount...since I can't unbolt the end links using an air impact gun, it just spins!)

Other items done to the MY09 GT: SPC adjustable camber arms (even tire wear,raised tire pressure to 38 psi), Stock Mz5 Springs, MS3 Front Calipers with Centric Hi Carbon Rotors, SS brake lines, Hawk HPS 50 Pads, 2010 MS3 18" Rims (5 have bent to roads in the Bay Area+ soft rims), Nitto Motivo Tires = Quiet and Grippy, Now Conti DWS 06 225/45-18,= quiet and grippy.

Dyno- matted and sound insulated entire interior (took one month/everyday/retired), New JL Audio TR 570-CXi Speakers, stock Navigation head unit= sounds great, no need to put in amplifier, some wind and road noise still...and the Clunking/knocking!!!

Although the EXE rear exhaust makes the MZ5 sound more sporty, the van can out manuver and out brake the Elise, plus can carry bags of dirt for the Mrs.

Last edited:
Washed & waxed with polisher ... wow, the metallic blue actually has a sparkle to it, who knew.
Also... So many parking dings and scratches from the prev. owner (...).

Latest posts

Back