What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Unrelated but are you still running the short ram intake? I am considering buying one now.

Yep, I've been running it since the car had 22500 kms on it. No issues at all. I do need to clean it, and I plan to do that when I clean the rest of the engine bay, which I'll get to when the weather warms up a bit more around here.

Yep, I've been running it since the car had 22500 kms on it. No issues at all. I do need to clean it, and I plan to do that when I clean the rest of the engine bay, which I'll get to when the weather warms up a bit more around here.
Do you run a sock over the filter or just the filter? No issues when you take it in for service or you do it yourself?

Quick update to my last post, here’s a couple night time shots. Pretty happy with the night time results of the amber bulb swap, kinda looks like the GT+ headlights without the halo. The light reflects off the inner chrome making a clean eyebrow line all the way across above the headlight.

Attachments

• 69A7763C-8CFA-40E8-A556-A8E087BFA5C8.jpeg
    69A7763C-8CFA-40E8-A556-A8E087BFA5C8.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 6D66360E-E291-47CF-A4BD-4FD1A90CDCF2.jpeg
    6D66360E-E291-47CF-A4BD-4FD1A90CDCF2.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 7D5AA753-BF25-4D7E-994A-BACD15487882.jpeg
    7D5AA753-BF25-4D7E-994A-BACD15487882.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 158
Quick update to my last post, here’s a couple night time shots. Pretty happy with the night time results of the amber bulb swap, kinda looks like the GT+ headlights without the halo. The light reflects off the inner chrome making a clean eyebrow line all the way across above the headlight.

Unrelated, but why do your fog lights look like they actually help? Mine suck so much I can’t tell if they are on or not. I am assuming it’s the angle of picture and the different color of the fog lights.

Unrelated, but why do your fog lights look like they actually help? Mine suck so much I can’t tell if they are on or not. I am assuming it’s the angle of picture and the different color of the fog lights.
The fog light and headlight are the same color so it’s all blends in, now that I changed the color I can visually see my fog light while driving but overall I’d say they are pretty weak for LEDs.

Do you run a sock over the filter or just the filter? No issues when you take it in for service or you do it yourself?

Just the filter on mine, no shield over the filter either - I bought it before they started offering the shield as an option. I've really only had one instance in three years where I would have felt that a sock might have been a good idea (very heavy rainfall). Generally, the roads I take rarely flood, and the filter element is pretty high off the ground, so I haven't bothered to get a filter sock on the intake.

I do most of my own maintenance, but if I ever had to take it to the dealer for warranty work, I'd just swap the original filter back on, it's easy enough to do. That said, I did have my dealership change the brake fluid while they were troubleshooting a minor brake noise issue, and they didn't mention anything about the intake. YMMV.

Just the filter on mine, no shield over the filter either - I bought it before they started offering the shield as an option. I've really only had one instance in three years where I would have felt that a sock might have been a good idea (very heavy rainfall). Generally, the roads I take rarely flood, and the filter element is pretty high off the ground, so I haven't bothered to get a filter sock on the intake.

I do most of my own maintenance, but if I ever had to take it to the dealer for warranty work, I'd just swap the original filter back on, it's easy enough to do. That said, I did have my dealership change the brake fluid while they were troubleshooting a minor brake noise issue, and they didn't mention anything about the intake. YMMV.
I'm in Southern Alberta so it is quite dusty here when the wind blows, driest area in Canada, more windy days than calm :p

Where did you find the leather wrap? How hard was it to remove the steering wheel?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) I hate removing steering wheel airbags but I wanted this to look good so I did it. Of the 4 steering wheels I have removed in my life, this was the easiest. There’s three metal pins to “pop” from the back of the steering wheel and then one large nut and it’s all off. Taking all the trim off is easy. A few screws and then a little force and they each come off

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) I hate removing steering wheel airbags but I wanted this to look good so I did it. Of the 4 steering wheels I have removed in my life, this was the easiest. There’s three metal pins to “pop” from the back of the steering wheel and then one large nut and it’s all off. Taking all the trim off is easy. A few screws and then a little force and they each come off
Do you like it? Any issues with it so far?

Do you like it? Any issues with it so far?
It’s softer, more grippy, and larger than the stock wheel/material. All things I like. No issues with it. I figured for $50 and a couple hours of my time, I’d try it. It’s the part of the car that you interact with the most so I want it to be comfortable. I did put superglue on the knots I tied. One is where my thumb rests and pokes me a bit. Easily fixed by cutting the pokey end I just haven’t done it yet. That was my fault and not a fault of the product though.

I humbly concede lol. The finish of your paint is near perfect!
Lol I still love the MGM but there's something about this blue lol. Wifes CRV is also Hondas dark blue so lots of washing happening.

BTW, the piano black between the windows takes to wax very well. Covered up almost all of the swirl marks.

Lol I still love the MGM but there's something about this blue lol. Wifes CRV is also Hondas dark blue so lots of washing happening.

BTW, the piano black between the windows takes to wax very well. Covered up almost all of the swirl marks.

I've only ever used PlastX to polish the scratches out, and it works for a while, but the scratches eventually come back. I'll try wax, thanks for the tip!

I also just went to the car to clean the cabin filter out. Took me about 2 mins lol. Lots of dead leaves and some dust came out when I smacked it against the fence.

I haven't checked mine yet but mine also only 9 months old. Sounds like a tomorrow project.

Just a heads up, this stuff from chemical guys is perfect for the piano black exterior window trim. I buff by hand but using a machine will get like 90% of swirl marks out and it protects like a coat of a wax.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I use plexus for interior trim and will switch between washes on the exterior trim. This stuff does a good job at hiding swirls as well and I highly recommend it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Latest posts

Back