What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Gave it a quick wash at the coin-op last night. Bridgestone Blizzaks looking more like Brizzowns..

IMG_20210312_134030.jpg

IMG_20210312_134046.jpg

Bought a roof basket! When the cross rails come in, I’ll take pics of everything as I put it all together. Details to follow ....

JDM yellow fogs, not the best pics but the weathers been crappy here lately. Also the camera doesn’t pick up the clarity you see in person but they look good IMO

Attachments

• EDCAAEB1-FDBF-4A1B-93D4-5E26BFD9874C.jpeg
    EDCAAEB1-FDBF-4A1B-93D4-5E26BFD9874C.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 0DBB5B47-4477-4641-829E-E7CC888E677A.jpeg
    0DBB5B47-4477-4641-829E-E7CC888E677A.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 191
  • A7493CF4-693C-4AC1-9D15-F4B5F06445C2.jpeg
    A7493CF4-693C-4AC1-9D15-F4B5F06445C2.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 195
  • C9ED9261-0A7C-4B54-B0D4-FC729352C2D4.jpeg
    C9ED9261-0A7C-4B54-B0D4-FC729352C2D4.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 186
Oh, I meant to post this Saturday, but I installed a Draw-Tite 76020 class 3 hitch on my '17 GT. It went smoothly for the most part. Removing the plastic bumper trim was surprisingly the trickiest part as I snapped both clips, and the two screws that need to be removed had surprisingly little clearance for my large wrenches (smaller ones would make the job easier). Also, the heat shield around the muffler is surprisingly sharp. Aside from that, it was fairly straight forward and was able to put it on all on my own. At first I thought I'd need someone to hold the hitch in place while I thread the nuts onto the bolts. I ended up just resting it on top of the muffler and using my jack to lift it up until it was close enough to put the nuts on.

Pulled my wheels out of storage yesterday. Weather sucks today but if it warms up, I'll get em on after work.

Well it's not sexy like @Tenz or @sm1ke showing up to this party...but it's something.

Spring Break for educators, so i've been busy... First trying to get my front-end "click" sorted out under warranty at my local Mazda dealer. Like pulling teeth and a HUGE waste of time. I had to point them to two TSBs about it🤯🤯, and now have to wait for parts for the front brakes w/o even trying the cowl bolt option. Dealers better shape up or ship out for this pivot to Mazda Premium. Had to "rebook" for next week...
IMG_9480.PNGIMG_9481.PNG

Did get them to upgrade from .352 to .367 after two hours of waiting around... It's better...
CE629A60-7201-4C01-9C7F-035FD719D8A4.JPEG

Thx to @GTA-CX9 for the Clek Foonf photos, advice and then some! It was just too tight rear-facing. Built like a tank though.
Clek Foonf
Wanted the Clek Foonf, but ended up with the Nuna Rava. Long story short...it just worked better. for us. Not a lot of Dad's with carseat photos in the 2G CX-9 so here they are! Hope it helps someone in the future.

Nuna RavaNuna RavaNuna RavaBack for 5'10 driver.

Sheesh that Clek seat looks massive! Haha. I've got a Diono Radian 3RXT for my toddler. Thanks for the reminder, need to get my car seat base into the car for baby #2. Maybe I'll do that later today.

Im running 2 x child seats too. One awesome feature is the 40% split side tilts down / slides forward to allow access to the 3rd row even with the child seat inplace, if using isofix mounting. Just need to move front seat forward a tad to alow 2nd row full slide.

My other 7 seater no way... usually climb through the boot for 3rd row access with 2 child seats mounted. No fun without gymnastic skills =D
20210321_182811.jpg

Oh and gave it her first wash since the clay/polish/wax. Water sheets off / beads up well.
20210320_100107.jpg

Last edited:
Im running 2 x child seats too. One awesome feature is the 40% split side tilts down / slides forward to allow access to the 3rd row even with the child seat inplace, if using isofix mounting. Just need to move front seat forward a tad to alow 2nd row full slide.

My other 7 seater no way... usually climb through the boot for 3rd row access with 2 child seats mounted. No fun without gymnastic skills =DView attachment 296668

I was wondering about this (3rd row access with 2 child seats in the captain's chairs). I saw an IG story from Mazda Canada where one new owner was doing a Q&A and she mentioned that their 3rd kid had to climb through the trunk to get to the 3rd seat. I figured she just wasn't aware that the captain's chairs have the ability to move out of the way like that - looks like I was right.

Well, I too put my "summer" wheels back on. Looks so much nicer than those ugly steel wheels! Also, I don't feel bad about driving it hard now that I don't have to worry about melting the softer winter-tire rubber.

1616426048941.png

I was wondering about this (3rd row access with 2 child seats in the captain's chairs). I saw an IG story from Mazda Canada where one new owner was doing a Q&A and she mentioned that their 3rd kid had to climb through the trunk to get to the 3rd seat. I figured she just wasn't aware that the captain's chairs have the ability to move out of the way like that - looks like I was right.

I have two child seats in my car on the captains chairs, chico zip ones. One is forward facing, one rear. I've had many people get into the third row no problem via the row between the chairs, including one guy at 6ft 190ish lbs. It is considerably easier to go around the front of the forward facing car seat and through the row but my wife is easily able to shimmy through if you move that seat forward, she's 5'7" and small though lol.

I have two child seats in my car on the captains chairs, chico zip ones. One is forward facing, one rear. I've had many people get into the third row no problem via the row between the chairs, including one guy at 6ft 190ish lbs. It is considerably easier to go around the front of the forward facing car seat and through the row but my wife is easily able to shimmy through if you move that seat forward, she's 5'7" and small though lol.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was talking about configurations where there is a fixed center console between the captain's chairs, as shown in @Tenz's photos. The woman in the IG story I saw that was featured by Mazda Canada has a CX-9 with the fixed center console, and she did not seem to know that the captain's chairs can slide forward enough to allow entry into the 3rd row (as long as the seat has a forward-facing child seat).

Installed the OEM cross rails this past weekend. Installation wasn’t difficult but tightening the Torx screws was tedious because they’re tucked down low. Of course I didn’t fully read the instructions and if I did, I would have seen they recommended using a swivel socket with a Torx bit. That would have made things much easier.

The bars are solid, look good, and the instructions said they’re rated for 209 lbs combined weight, evenly distributed. They’re mounted roughly before and aft of the rear doors so they’re not far apart. With the CX-9’s raked windshield, sloping roofline, and hatchback-esque rear lift gate, theres’s not much roof up there I can see how some people would have trouble with long items up there. We’ll mostly use it for a smaller basket and a soft cargo carrier for extra luggage room so hopefully it won’t be a problem for us.

Next up the basket!

ABB0E2EB-242A-4646-834C-7AE2532333FF.jpeg

78F5B5E0-7FEA-4592-AF62-BE360F1DC26D.jpeg

The Clek is a big one. It's one time being vertically challenged helped...I can fit that 40 lb beast behind my seat in a CX9 and a CRV.

It has a neat Canada/Magna connection too:

Just added fog assembly to my 2015 Cx9 touring. Anybody have an idea how to wire it. It came with a diagram but I don’t know how to follow it. And I would like it to connect to a headlight/signal/fog stalk. Please help.

Last edited:
Back