What have you done to your CX-9 today?

very nice jobs you did their. I have the viper smart start system installed in mine and have those functions minus the talk command feature you displayed.
very eager to know how was the process in wiring the rear dash cam? I would love to install one in the rear of my cx9 but I don’t want to pay another 150 which is what it cost me to have a front kenwood dash cam installed lol
The dash cam I currently have is a dual dash cam, so the rear camera connects to the front camera and I just run the wire through the right side of the roof liner. The cable comes out in the middle of the rear side of the the roof liner, and I ran the wire into the hoses for the rear brake light so the cable is not visible

very nice jobs you did their. I have the viper smart start system installed in mine and have those functions minus the talk command feature you displayed.
very eager to know how was the process in wiring the rear dash cam? I would love to install one in the rear of my cx9 but I don’t want to pay another 150 which is what it cost me to have a front kenwood dash cam installed lol
20200802_175525.jpg

This is how I have mine wired up. If you're wiring up a new dashcam you can start from the fuse box and go from the left side instead of the right.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
View attachment 226109

This is how I have mine wired up. If you're wiring up a new dashcam you can start from the fuse box and go from the left side instead of the right.
Hi, just a heads up - when you were running the wiring, did you ensure that your wiring runs behind the A-pillar and curtain airbags? If the wire is in front of the airbags, it can interfere with the way they deploy, making them prone to malfunctioning when you might need them. I had to run my wire from the camera to the base of the windshield and cross over there instead.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
I hate chrome/clear tail lights,, and chrome badges. Today I puttered on the rear of the 9. VHT red nite-shades for the tail lights and white/gloss/clear Plasti-dip for two of the badges on the tailgate. Looks so much better.
Those lights came out awesome!! Nice job on everything.

:
2009 Mazda CX-9 GT
Those lights came out awesome!! Nice job on everything.
Thanks sm1ke. That was my first time using plasti dip, and it went fairly well. Learned a few things for the next time, and the 9 looks so much better. Door handles are next.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Thanks sm1ke. That was my first time using plasti dip, and it went fairly well. Learned a few things for the next time, and the 9 looks so much better. Door handles are next.
It's crazy how much of a difference the chrome bar delete makes on the front. It looks a lot cleaner now IMO.

:
2009 Mazda CX-9 GT
It's crazy how much of a difference the chrome bar delete makes on the front. It looks a lot cleaner now IMO.
Agreed. Thinking that the rear one will get done white also, then the front and rear Mazda logo will be black.

:
2009 Mazda CX-9 GT
Did the brakes today. The old brakes pulsed, had no e-brake, and I new that the rear pads were very worn. Got some cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads from MagumBrake, Raybestos hardware and e-brake shoes. The e-brake was seized pretty bad, so good to have it working properly again. Did a good break-in and stopping feels great. Never used cross drilled; just hoping to not have any pulsing for a long while. Time will tell

The old stuff.