What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Purchased a Quickjack, had my car slide off the blocks then returned the Quickjack. I made a video making easy glide wheels for it and my car slipping on the blocks. My car had no damage tg. I think using a floor jack on the center lift points and putting jack stands on the pinch welds is the safest way to get all 4 wheels off the ground for the CX-5.

Purchased a Quickjack, had my car slide off the blocks then returned the Quickjack. I made a video making easy glide wheels for it and my car slipping on the blocks. My car had no damage tg. I think using a floor jack on the center lift points and putting jack stands on the pinch welds is the safest way to get all 4 wheels off the ground for the CX-5.

What an experience! At least there’s nothing got damaged, including yourself.

I traded it in🙁. Loved the car but not the chipping crystal Red Soul paint. The car was only 3 years and looked terrible. Fought with Mazda to get repainted and they would only pay half. ByeBye Mazda!
Terrible customer service!

I traded it in🙁. Loved the car but not the chipping crystal Red Soul paint. The car was only 3 years and looked terrible. Fought with Mazda to get repainted and they would only pay half. ByeBye Mazda!
Terrible customer service!
Can you share a pic? I would be interested in seeing how bad it got that you wanted to get rid of it.
There are some commutes that are worse than others on vehicle's paint. What did you replace it with? I hope you went with a clear bra.

I'd also like to see pictures of the damage over the years, as well as the repaint (to see how well they were able to match the old paint).

failure starts at approximately 9:25 minutes into the video

hopefully the harbor freight jack stands also used in the video have been checked for their recall:

Returned my Jack Stands to HF only to find they were completely out. The recall replacements were also part of the recall.......I went with 6-ton Pro-Lift T-6906D with built-in safety pins and never looked back. The welds are solid and construction is actually really good.

Loaded up the '21 SG and took it on its first road trip!

Attachments

• 20201219_131127.jpg
    20201219_131127.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 129
WHAT WAS DONE TO MY CX-5
Technically my wife’s 21 Signature with 94 miles on it...sideswiped by someone who said they did not see me. 40 mph on a suburban road. I think the snowflake pearl white mica is going to be a b**** to paint...

WHAT WAS DONE TO MY CX-5
Technically my wife’s 21 Signature with 94 miles on it...sideswiped by someone who said they did not see me. 40 mph on a suburban road. I think the snowflake pearl white mica is going to be a b**** to paint...

Doh!! your gonna be in Trouuuuuuble with a capitol Tee

WHAT WAS DONE TO MY CX-5
Fuuuuuuu so sorry to hear :(
It's especially painful since it's a brand new car. I don't care what people say but aftermarket paint will never be the same

Fuuuuuuu so sorry to hear :(
It's especially painful since it's a brand new car. I don't care what people say but aftermarket paint will never be the same
Yes, agreed. And it’s from my personal experience.

failure starts at approximately 9:25 minutes into the video

hopefully the harbor freight jack stands also used in the video have been checked for their recall:
Mine weren't included in the recall. The notches are deep and the handle in a steeper down position. I did a number of tests on it.

WHAT WAS DONE TO MY CX-5
That sucks. Hopefully it is a talented shop and her car will look as good as new.

WHAT WAS DONE TO MY CX-5

Brutal. I don't have experience with the snowflake white pearl, but I've had the machine grey metallic paint repaired on both sides of my CX-9. I will agree that body shop paint can be a far cry from the OEM paint. In my case, the paint match was practically perfect to my eye, but the clear that the shop used is not nearly as durable (it'll show swirl marks much easier than the OEM paint).

Best thing to do is find a shop that has painted that exact colour before, then pick it up on a sunny day so you can see how well the shop was able to match the paint. That's what I did, and luckily it worked out for me. Good luck!

Brutal. I don't have experience with the snowflake white pearl, but I've had the machine grey metallic paint repaired on both sides of my CX-9. I will agree that body shop paint can be a far cry from the OEM paint. In my case, the paint match was practically perfect to my eye, but the clear that the shop used is not nearly as durable (it'll show swirl marks much easier than the OEM paint).

Best thing to do is find a shop that has painted that exact colour before, then pick it up on a sunny day so you can see how well the shop was able to match the paint. That's what I did, and luckily it worked out for me. Good luck!
Thanks. Just took it to a shop for a preliminary estimate, $3100 + not including the PPF replacement, and no idea if there is any other damage. The door and the front fender need to be repainted. This entails removing some of the molding which Mazda specifies as one time use (e.g., chrome waist molding strip). The technology also gets you. The front bumper has to be removed, and as well as the AFS headlight so they can get to the fender. There will need to be a trip to the dealer to recalibrate the headlight, and possibly the radar and sonar units. Radar because they have to disturb the front grill. The Mazda pearl/snowflake is a triple stage job, unfortunately, not including the clear coat, not as bad as machine gray, but still....if it were just body work, like in the old days, it would be much simpler, they say. They do not believe the door mirror camera will be a recalibration issue.

It is mostly panel repair, repainting and reassembly.

Does other guy's insurance cover PPF replacement?
My wife's car was rear ended. The other "insurance" paid for it. The body shop did an excellent job and even installed replacement PPF for the rear bumper.

Back