What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Well, after hitting Bambi semi recently, I decided to replace my front emblem.
IMG_20200730_130042.jpg
IMG_20200730_124048.jpg

The bolt for the fender goes in that top hole, but with this set you need to find a wat to hold the nut in place after inserting it through that larger middle hole. If you look at Amazon you'll see pics on other sets that include a holding device/net release accessory.

Attach33923_20200619_191936.jpg
Attach33926_20200619_192309.jpg

I went the direct Chinese route with these:
aliexpress.com/item/32961456918.html

It took about 3 weeks to arrive and they work as expected.

Yeah, don't go with the one I got, that bottom nut was a real B****, the others include a nut/holder that makes it a bunny.

Got back my rear spoiler from the paint shop, and installed it. I had the clear coat peeling off.

I see the cargo cover so I'm guessing the grocery bag was not in sight?
Yeah it was all covered by the cover. Good thing I bought a cheap one from ebay. Repair came out to $2400 because the rear quarter panel got damaged too and it's connected all the way to the front.

Your brake fluid looks very dark! When was the last time it was flushed and filled?

Don't mean to pick on you but...

Those battery terminals look like they need a bit of attention too.

Brake fluid was replaced a few months ago with Ravenol dot 4 at the same time the belts were replaced, the battery terminals were cleaned and sprayed with a corrosion protector around the same time. so good to go for a while.

Brake fluid was replaced a few months ago with Ravenol dot 4 at the same time the belts were replaced, the battery terminals were cleaned and sprayed with a corrosion protector around the same time. so good to go for a while.
So the pictures were taken before all of these maintenance work? Nice!

So the pictures were taken before all of these maintenance work? Nice!
The pics were taken after the work was done, unfortunately my phone doesn't really capture the lighting as well as it should, so it's a little deceptive in the pic, always 3 shades darker than what it actually is. Tried to adjust my camera settings to no avail, nice clean amber fluid in there.

Battery terminals look a little dark because of the coating of corrosion protection spray that I used.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

When this battery finally dies, it will be replaced with an AGM one like I have in my Volvo, so no worries about acid leaks or corroded terminals.

The pics were taken after the work was done, unfortunately my phone doesn't really capture the lighting as well as it should, so it's a little deceptive in the pic, always 3 shades darker than what it actually is. Tried to adjust my camera settings to no avail, nice clean amber fluid in there.

Battery terminals look a little dark because of the coating of corrosion protection spray that I used.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

When this battery finally dies, it will be replaced with an AGM one like I have in my Volvo, so no worries about acid leaks or corroded terminals.
Actually I haven’t seen a battery terminal clamp looks like that bad in your picture for a long time. The battery terminal clamps on my 22-year-old 1998 Honda CR-V still look like new as leaking battery is rare nowadays with better technology. I’d get a new OEM cable with new terminal clamp when you get a new battery, unless your clamp condition looks much better than in the picture like the brake fluid.

The battery terminals are fine, like I said battery corosion protector has been applied to the terminals.

A little dust has accumulated on it also over the last couple months as the reason they look dark.

They would look perfectly shiny, almost new if I remove the corrosion protection.

Replaced some anti rattle clips that I didn't have on hand when I changed the pads a while back. But I only bought the fronts by mistake. Also added more fill to the trash rear diff mount. It'll be filled eventually.
20200814_151508.jpg

20200814_153630.jpg

Back