What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I don't have any serious issues with my car, one of my tire was unbalanced, that caused all the vibration.
I have a creaking sound coming from the driver's seat, but that is most likely a bad welding issue, since I heard a pop one day. A while ago the lumbar support had a similar issue, bad welding, they had to replace the whole back of the seat.
When I was checking out my suspension for the vibration, I have seen one of the engine/transmission mounts that seems like it allows way to much movement, and I have replaced it.
To me, it seems like the rubber components on this car are way to soft, it could be that the Cali heat is causing this, I don't know.

I don't have any serious issues with my car, one of my tire was unbalanced, that caused all the vibration.
I have a creaking sound coming from the driver's seat, but that is most likely a bad welding issue, since I heard a pop one day. A while ago the lumbar support had a similar issue, bad welding, they had to replace the whole back of the seat.
When I was checking out my suspension for the vibration, I have seen one of the engine/transmission mounts that seems like it allows way to much movement, and I have replaced it.
To me, it seems like the rubber components on this car are way to soft, it could be that the Cali heat is causing this, I don't know.
🤷‍♂️

Changed my pads.. $30 for all corners on ebay. Was going to install some stainless lines and bleed, but it was more work than I wanted to do at the time.

No reason really. The car drove perfectly and I should have been a lot wiser the second time they recommended the alignment. When I bought the car, the promotion was every other service would be a free oil change as long as I owned the car. So, I suppose they are trying to recoup their "losses" by their unnecessary recommendations.

How many miles were on the car after the first dealer recommended alignment?

I'd be VERY wary of anything that this dealer recommends in the future. There's no reason for a car with this few miles on it needing an alignment, unless the alignment was thrown off somehow.

hmmm our 2014 has a vibration on the highway that I figured was worn tires or tire balance issue. Maybe I need to look at the engine/gearbox mounts?

hmmm our 2014 has a vibration on the highway that I figured was worn tires or tire balance issue. Maybe I need to look at the engine/gearbox mounts?
In your case, vibration on the highway, I’d start the tire balancing first. If you purchased tires from Discount Tire, they’ll do it for free along with tire rotation.

Took my '17 GT in today for only it's 3rd scheduled maintenance/oil change. Mileage is a shade over 15k. Routine oil change/tire rotation. They did recommend a cabin air filter but I declined after them saying it was $59. I pulled my original one when I got home and yeah, it was pretty bad. Evidence of mice with bird seed and a couple of the pleats chewed off. I ordered an OEM filter online from an outstate Mazda dealer for $21.

They also charged me $8 to replace the EOM drain plug. The OEM plug has a female hex socket which they said will strip. The replacement is a std hex cap.

My previous service done last year I had the AA/CP update done which replaces the infotainment head. They neglected to provide a USB cable with the update although the manual says that is provided. Probably a good thing as my new phone I got last fall now has the USB-C connector. The designated USB port for the phone puts out plenty of amperage to quickly charge the phone.

Oh, the dealer also advertises they can do a no contact pickup and delivery for maintenance for COVID concerns. When I asked on the phone they said that service was only valid within 5 miles of the dealership. I live 8 miles away so had to take it in and wait. Only 2 other customers in the waiting area and all 3 of us wore masks.

Service advisers also had masks when interfacing with the customers but no other employees in the store wore them.

Lol, that's kind of cheap they would charge you to upgrade the drain bolt which is really for their convinience. Tbh, after so many times it should be replaced anyways as it gets knocked. But yea, the hex is a bad design.

In your case, vibration on the highway, I’d start the tire balancing first. If you purchased tires from Discount Tire, they’ll do it for free along with tire rotation.

The current tires are about done, so we'll be ordered new ones soon, and I do plan on ordered from DTD and getting them installed at my local DT store. I already have a lifetime alignment plan at Firestone, so I'll still have that, and usually have it checked after each time I rotate tires. So I'll get that done after the new tires are put on.

The current tires are about done, so we'll be ordered new ones soon, and I do plan on ordered from DTD and getting them installed at my local DT store. I already have a lifetime alignment plan at Firestone, so I'll still have that, and usually have it checked after each time I rotate tires. So I'll get that done after the new tires are put on.
I’d go to local Discount Tire Stote directly instead of Discount Tire Direct as I can ask them to order almost any tires I want if they don’t have it in stock, and do the price match to any tire sellers including Costco and WalMart.

I had my local Discount Tire Store ordered and price-matched Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 103V tires selling by WalMart.com for less than $80 each with Discount Tire 10% cash back Independence Day Event.

What kind of tires are in your mind for the next set?

Coming up on 8 years and 80k miles on my ‘13 Sport. Aside from some paint chips, she’s immaculate. Full detail this morning.
6C89425C-9C87-4315-9C7C-C7510C397F89.jpeg

Congrats on the new bike, looks cool, wear all your gear (ATGATT).

though, i was imagining a monster 4 rotor rx4 when you first mentioned it

I go to the grocery store and then have decided to do car washing at home. BTW, I am planning to modify this car and add a couple of accessories.

2016 Mazda CX-5.jpg

What kind of tires are in your mind for the next set?
General Altimax RT43 225/65-17 102H
If you prefer name brand tires, may I suggest H-rated Continental CrossContact LX25 225/65R17 as right now it has $70 Visa prepaid card offer. This makes the price comparable to H-rated General AltiMAX RT43 225/65R17. After all they are the same company.

New Tires

Coming up on 8 years and 80k miles on my ‘13 Sport. Aside from some paint chips, she’s immaculate. Full detail this morning.
View attachment 225750
Our 2016 CX-5 has Sonic Silver Metallic which is similar to your Liquid Silver Metallic on 2013 CX-5 MY. Silver used to be the most popular color, now it seems to be replaced by white color. But I may still get a silver color for my next new car with obvious reasons: it hides the dirt the best so that I don’t have to wash the car often, and I still like the silver color on cars the most.

Our 2016 CX-5 has Sonic Silver Metallic which is similar to your Liquid Silver Metallic on 2013 CX-5 MY. Silver used to be the most popular color, now it seems to be replaced by white color. But I may still get a silver color for my next new car with obvious reasons: it hides the dirt the best so that I don’t have to wash the car often, and I still like the silver color on cars the most.

Another way I sometimes look at it - % years from now, which colors are you least likely to say "yeah, I shouldn't have got that. Which do you think, that while it may not be, "wow, that red is sexy", you could most easily live with long term. For me, I knew I'd never be unhappy with white. For me it's both classy and sporty - well, as sporty as a CX-5 could be anyway.

Back