What have you done to your CX-5 today?

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
failure starts at approximately 9:25 minutes into the video

hopefully the harbor freight jack stands also used in the video have been checked for their recall:
Mine weren't included in the recall. The notches are deep and the handle in a steeper down position. I did a number of tests on it.

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
WHAT WAS DONE TO MY CX-5
Technically my wife’s 21 Signature with 94 miles on it...sideswiped by someone who said they did not see me. 40 mph on a suburban road. I think the snowflake pearl white mica is going to be a b**** to paint...
That sucks. Hopefully it is a talented shop and her car will look as good as new.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
WHAT WAS DONE TO MY CX-5
Technically my wife’s 21 Signature with 94 miles on it...sideswiped by someone who said they did not see me. 40 mph on a suburban road. I think the snowflake pearl white mica is going to be a b**** to paint...

Brutal. I don't have experience with the snowflake white pearl, but I've had the machine grey metallic paint repaired on both sides of my CX-9. I will agree that body shop paint can be a far cry from the OEM paint. In my case, the paint match was practically perfect to my eye, but the clear that the shop used is not nearly as durable (it'll show swirl marks much easier than the OEM paint).

Best thing to do is find a shop that has painted that exact colour before, then pick it up on a sunny day so you can see how well the shop was able to match the paint. That's what I did, and luckily it worked out for me. Good luck!

:
Virginia
:
2021 CX-5 White
Brutal. I don't have experience with the snowflake white pearl, but I've had the machine grey metallic paint repaired on both sides of my CX-9. I will agree that body shop paint can be a far cry from the OEM paint. In my case, the paint match was practically perfect to my eye, but the clear that the shop used is not nearly as durable (it'll show swirl marks much easier than the OEM paint).

Best thing to do is find a shop that has painted that exact colour before, then pick it up on a sunny day so you can see how well the shop was able to match the paint. That's what I did, and luckily it worked out for me. Good luck!
Thanks. Just took it to a shop for a preliminary estimate, $3100 + not including the PPF replacement, and no idea if there is any other damage. The door and the front fender need to be repainted. This entails removing some of the molding which Mazda specifies as one time use (e.g., chrome waist molding strip). The technology also gets you. The front bumper has to be removed, and as well as the AFS headlight so they can get to the fender. There will need to be a trip to the dealer to recalibrate the headlight, and possibly the radar and sonar units. Radar because they have to disturb the front grill. The Mazda pearl/snowflake is a triple stage job, unfortunately, not including the clear coat, not as bad as machine gray, but still....if it were just body work, like in the old days, it would be much simpler, they say. They do not believe the door mirror camera will be a recalibration issue.

It is mostly panel repair, repainting and reassembly.

:
Soul Red Mazda CX5
Today I bought locking hole plugs to paint and install in my old front license plate holes... then misplaced my touch up paint kit.
4 hours later...
still no sign of it in the house. 😞

:
Virginia
:
2021 CX-5 White
Today I bought locking hole plugs to paint and install in my old front license plate holes... then misplaced my touch up paint kit.
4 hours later...
still no sign of it in the house. 😞
Well at least you live in a state that allows no front license plates unless you are using an alternative front license plate mounting point such as the tow hook hole.

:
Soul Red Mazda CX5
Well at least you live in a state that allows no front license plates unless you are using an alternative front license plate mounting point such as the tow hook hole.
This is true. I moved to a new state 3 years ago and have been sporting the giant metal screws on the front bumper the whole time. been working on my chrome delete mods all month and the ugly screws had to go.

:
Soul Red Mazda CX5
As soon as you buy a replacement pen you'll find the old one. lol
Oh my gosh I know! I have torn my place apart and even dug through the trash. Had to drive 30 minutes to the dealer to get that thing too! Luckily I had already used it to fix all my rock chips a few days ago. I'm still mad about it though... 😂

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Not today, but on Wednesday. The wrench indicator and “Oil change due” notification have been displayed for about 2 weeks by 12-month usage duration cap from Maintenance Monitor although the oil has only been used for 2,728 miles due to the pandemic. Changed oil and oil filter with Mazda 0W-20 moly oil and OEM PE01-14-302A Tokyo Roki Japanese oil filter. As usual, the 2.5L needs 5.2 quarts of oil to make the oil level reaching the “Full” mark of the dipstick when measured the next day in the morning cold. And the engine burned about 0.2 quart of oil for 2,728 miles.

6C81ECD2-0749-48FE-8F30-78713206C1B0.jpeg

F9A47BE5-ACD9-4562-8099-DFB5CE7C0320.jpeg

52197ED8-4F3D-4AE0-B422-073AC6B978E8.jpeg

Last edited:
:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD titanium/black 2016 Miata Club ST MT white
Not today, but on Wednesday. The wrench indicator and “Oil change due” notification have been displayed for about 2 weeks by 12-month usage duration cap from Maintenance Monitor although the oil has only been used for 2,728 miles due to the pandemic. Changed oil and oil filter with Mazda 0W-20 moly oil and OEM PE01-14-302 Tokyo Roki Japanese oil filter. As usual, the 2.5L needs 5.2 quarts of oil to make the oil level reaching the “Full” mark of the dipstick when measured the next day in the morning cold. And the engine burned about 0.2 quart of oil for 2,728 miles.

View attachment 234041
View attachment 234042
View attachment 234045

Where are you sourcing the OEM PE01-14-302 Tokyo Roki Japanese oil filters?

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Where are you sourcing the OEM PE01-14-302 Tokyo Roki Japanese oil filters?
Sorry I didn’t say I have A version, not the B version currently comes from factory. I have stocked plenty of PE01-14-302A Tokyo Roki Japanese oil filters when it’s still available from certain large Mazda dealers. After people here had started mentioning that the Japanese Tokyo Roki PE01-14-302A was superseded by Thai Denso 1WPE-14-302 filter, I noticed tomcat1446 got Japanese filter from Med Center Mazda when he did an oil change writeup. I called them in advance making sure they still have Japanese filter left in stock, and ordered all 21 of them in Nov. 2016. I have no regrets getting that many as I keep my car forever, and the OEM Japanese filter is better made than OEM Thai filter, although it’s still excellent, even if I just compare them side by side visually.

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
I did more spot spraying of fluid film underneath because I have been driving in a lot of salt water. Had snow and ice the past week and a half. Also got an extra pair of jack stands for peace of mind having a bunch of them under the car for redundancy. Not too much rust so far.

Under1.jpg
Under2.jpg

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD titanium/black 2016 Miata Club ST MT white
Sorry I didn’t say I have A version, not the B version currently comes from factory. I have stocked plenty of PE01-14-302A Tokyo Roki Japanese oil filters when it’s still available from certain large Mazda dealers. After people here had started mentioning that the Japanese Tokyo Roki PE01-14-302A was superseded by Thai Denso 1WPE-14-302 filter, I noticed tomcat1446 got Japanese filter from Med Center Mazda when he did an oil change writeup. I called them in advance making sure they still have Japanese filter left in stock, and ordered all 21 of them in Nov. 2016. I have no regrets getting that many as I keep my car forever, and the OEM Japanese filter is better made than OEM Thai filter, although it’s still excellent, even if I just compare them side by side visually.

So you're the one who bought em all?!?!?!?

Selfish much? ;) :)