What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I like this mod the best! (y)

How much cutting required on the cap?
if you remove the rear wiper cap, you will see that there is a tab that prevents you from pulling the wiper up with the cap on. the tab is probably 1/2 an inch or so. i just scored it with a dull pocket knife and bent it back till it snapped at the base.

if you remove the rear wiper cap, you will see that there is a tab that prevents you from pulling the wiper up with the cap on. the tab is probably 1/2 an inch or so. i just scored it with a dull pocket knife and bent it back till it snapped at the base.
Sounds easy enough. I wonder why Mazda designed this way preventing us lifting up the rear wiper fully? I’ve been lifting the rear wiper fully by removing the cap. I’ll take a look at the cap and see. Thanks!

Just ordered another CX5 0w20 oil change kit, plus 2 extra quarts of oil since I've been needing to add a quart mid-way between oil changes, from Amazon. Free shipping made it WAY cheaper than Priority Mazda, which wanted $35 shipping to send a $42 oil change kit.

How about that link? I see a case of this oil listed on Amazon for $117. Not a great price. I don't see any 'oil change kits'.

Added a carbon trunk spoiler lip, a sticker to rep my buddies automotive photography companies LOL and that's about it for today
Full build list:
-Corksport lowering springs (after settling in around 5inch drop)
-Advan 19x9 wheels (not on car have no rubber and its end of season)
-25mm wheel spacers all around
-Corksport intake with direct force fed air from under neath the car
-Megan Racing chassis bracing

Love how it handles, weighs less then a German Coupe, and can out autocross a BRZ 😮

Attachments

• IMG_20201017_012752_659.jpg
    IMG_20201017_012752_659.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20201017_203104_783.jpg
    IMG_20201017_203104_783.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20201014_082047_293.jpg
    IMG_20201014_082047_293.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Polish_20201017_185745529.jpg
    Polish_20201017_185745529.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Polish_20201017_185441021.jpg
    Polish_20201017_185441021.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 159
I'm trying to work up the courage to attempt to remove my "dealer badge" on the back of the car.
Anybody diy'd this with success?
I really hate the fact that they do this btw

I'm trying to work up the courage to attempt to remove my "dealer badge" on the back of the car.
Anybody diy'd this with success?
I really hate the fact that they do this btw

Hair dryer and gentle prying it will come off.

For any vehicle I buy at a dealer I ask a simple question "How much do you pay for customer vehicle advertising?". They respond "Huh?" then I say "The dealership logo on the license plate surround or the chrome badge or the vinyl sticker.." they say "oh that.. no we don't pay anything.." me: "OK please remove all dealer logos before I take delivery." them: "grumble grumble"

For any vehicle I buy at a dealer I ask a simple question "How much do you pay for customer vehicle advertising?". They respond "Huh?" then I say "The dealership logo on the license plate surround or the chrome badge or the vinyl sticker.." they say "oh that.. no we don't pay anything.." me: "OK please remove all dealer logos before I take delivery." them: "grumble grumble"

Careful with the gentle prying, even the gentlest touch can damage the paint. Hair dryer to warm up the adhesive and some fishing line to "floss" between the emblem and the paint should be a safer alternative.

Reactions: E_N
Likewise. I even make them write it on the purchase order along with no holes in the front bumper (one plate state) and sure enough I've had it on at delivery. At that point I've told them to remove it before we do any paperwork. Fortunately they didn't drill the front plate holes.

I'm old enough to remember on my first brand new car in 1974 when they were still installing die cast metal dealer logos held on with metal pins into the sheet metal.

Reactions: E_N

Lol. Savage.

I got annoyed at how the extension fit on my oil filter cap wrench, it would extend too far into the hole and it would fall off easily. So grounded the end down, drilled and tapped the tip and screwed it onto the cap wrench. Then cut grooves into the end so I can grip it easy with my fingers even when oily. I had to grind the screw head down a little so it cleared the bottom of the oil filter when in use.

Wrench1.JPG
Wrench2.JPG
Wrench3.JPG

looks great! I've got the same ones and I don't think I ever got the clips in correctly....

Right! PITA...just when I'd have them lined up perfectly, I'd start to press down and one would shift. Finally, I lined them up the best I could, pressed them onto the car and then adjusted the clips the best I could after.

I need to do this. I've been just removing that cap and sticking it in my pocket whenever I'm washing the car.

Oil change kit link, which according to Amazon is running late (from Avondale Mazda) and I should be getting it this week. https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I need to do this. I've been just removing that cap and sticking it in my pocket whenever I'm washing the car.

Oil change kit link, which according to Amazon is running late (from Avondale Mazda) and I should be getting it this week. https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
So you haven’t got the oil change kit. Keep us posted if you really get the Japanese oil filter like the picture on Amazon shown?

Have you thought about changing to Mazda approved 5W-30 oil worldwide for your oil consumption issue?

huh? no it hasn't been delivered yet. Why would I not get the filter shown in the photo?

No I haven't thought about using 5w-30 oil. I prefer 0w oil for minimizing cold startup engine wear.

huh? no it hasn't been delivered yet. Why would I not get the filter shown in the photo?
The picture of oil filter at Amazon showed PE01-14-302 which is Tokyo Roki Japanese made oil filter. But in reality you should get cheaper “Value Products” PE01-14-302-MV oil filter which is made in Mexico.
There're now 3 OEM Mazda SkyActiv oil filters:

OEM Mazda
SkyActiv Oil Filters
PE01-14-302AMade in Japan with the best quality.
Comes with greased O-ring type gasket、
shrink wrapped seal on top preventing dust、
and packaged in a sealed paper box.
1WPE-14-302Made in Thailand.
Smaller in outside diameter than PE01-14-302A.
Comes with greased O-ring type gasket、
shrink wrapped seal on top preventing dust、
and packaged in a non-sealed paper box.
PE01-14-302A-MVMade in Mexico.
Comes with non-greased flat gasket、
shrink wrapped seal on entire filter、
and no paper box.

Based on picture provided by madar, Mazda OEM value-line PE01-14-302A-MV oil filter does look different from Wix 57002. But I'd still get PE01-14-302A-MV OEM "value" filter if there's no other OEM choices! :)
No I haven't thought about using 5w-30 oil. I prefer 0w oil for minimizing cold startup engine wear.
Based on oil viscosity chart by Mazda, 5W-30 oil is recommended for the temperature as low as -25°F. On the other hand 0W-20 is for as low as -35°F.

If your area is not that cold, use 5W-30 oil which could reduce your oil consumption.

D5BF40B5-80ED-40DD-ACC6-319D10D55DBF.jpeg

6AF8AB9A-86BE-4194-9FA8-437C0DE245E3.jpeg

Back