What have you done to your CX-5 today?

HardRightEdg

2020 CX-5 Touring AWD Soul Red
What is the current price going to replace a no-sensor after-market windshield on a CX-5? Any shop and brand preference?

My sensor-equipped windshield still has a big crack on the upper-right corner by a big hail 3 years ago. I haven’t had a chance to replace it and it has no problem to pass annual state inspection anyway. Last time I checked the price for OEM only windshield is approaching $750. May be I should get it done soon as the price is getting higher and higher.
I got an on-line quote from Safelite a while ago out of curiosity since I've read that windshield replacements can go into the thousands of dollars. Safelite quotes vary by zip code. They are the big dog in the US specializing in auto glass replacement..

For my 2020 CX-5 Touring which does not have the heads up display but does have rain sensing, if that matters, they quote $490 for the glass + $300 for recalibration of the camera = $790.

The quote for the heads up unit is $1,800 for the glass + $300 recalibration = $2,100.

They claim they can fix up to 3 chips or cracks under 6" if that applies but the quote process only asks about chips. That might be worth investigating with them or somebody else.

The obvious question is whether your insurance covers glass. It's not uncommon for a $0 deductible glass coverage to be rolled into non-collision damage coverage or as a separate line item though perhaps not in a budget coverage. It's worth checking the policy if you have not done so already.

Last edited:

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
I got an on-line quote from Safelite a while ago out of curiosity since I've read that windshield replacments can go into the thousands of dollars. Safelite quotes vary by zip code. They are big dog in the US specializing in auto glass replacement..

For my 2020 CX-5 Touring which does not have the heads up display but does have rain sensing, if that matters, they quote $490 for the glass + $300 for recalibration of the camera = $790.

The quote for the heads up unit is $1,800 for the glass + $300 recalibration = $2,100.

They claim they can fix up to 3 chips or cracks under 6" if that applies but the quote process only asks about chips. That might be worth investigating with them or somebody else.

The obvious question is whether your insurance covers glass. It's not uncommon for a $0 deductible glass coverage to be rolled into non-collision damage coverage or as a separate line item though perhaps not in a budget coverage. It's worth checking the policy if you have not done so already.
Thanks for the detailed info. When I said $750+ on OEM windshield for my 2016 CX-5 GT AWD with Tech, that is for parts only, another $200+ for installation from a reputable windshield shop.

Safelite is big. But there’re a few Safelite shops had been reported here using tape to fix sensors on a no-sensor standard after-market windshield ⋯ :rolleyes:

Hello CX-5ers
My 2014 CX-5 touring runs on Sunoco 93 octane with a fillup at-every-oil-change of VP 110 octane
Mods:
- Mazda speed pedals. Feels more vibration isolated.

- CX-9 rearview mirror with compass. The auto dim with a blue hue is cool and easy on the eyes.

- Since there is no coolant temp gauge, I purchased and installed a Blu-Driver® OBDll monitor that shown the coolant temp and other engine functions.

- K&N high flow airfilter.

- Oil Catch can

- Super Brite® LED and precision LED lights all-round.
Will post pictures

Attachments

Davidiot

Ballistic Reentry Vehicle
:
2020 CX-5 GT PP
It's worth checking the policy if you have not done so already.
Holy. crap! What’s so much more expensive about my windshield with a heads up display? Isn’t everything in the dash?

I don’t have a zero deductible for glass (NJ), but I have $500 on regular comprehensive and $50 on glass; which is the lowest I could get.

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD titanium/black 2016 Miata Club ST MT white
Hello CX-5ers
My 2014 CX-5 touring runs on Sunoco 93 octane with a fillup at-every-oil-change of VP 110 octane
Mods:
- Mazda speed pedals. Feels more vibration isolated.

- CX-9 rearview mirror with compass. The auto dim with a blue hue is cool and easy on the eyes.

- Since there is no coolant temp gauge, I purchased and installed a Blu-Driver® OBDll monitor that shown the coolant temp and other engine functions.

- K&N high flow airfilter.

- Oil Catch can

- Super Brite® LED and precision LED lights all-round.
Will post pictures
What's your reasoning for using the 93 octane at every fill up and the 110 octane after an oil change?

Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
What's your reasoning for using the 93 octane at every fill up and the 110 octane after an oil change?
higher octane (93) is more likely to maintain nominal power under adverse combustion conditions(and allow more aggressive timing, with less knock count).. in basics. Not sure about the 110, although the reasoning is the same, this engine doesn't rev high enough for me to want to buy that in a N/A engine.

I did a thing today, inspired by RedBaron https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/ind...ng-things-in-your-cx-5.123872399/post-6691347

In my '19 GTR, I couldn't stand the instantaneous filth on the piano black of the gear selection plate, so I disassembled and covered it with some wood grain made for covering furniture.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TSJS57O/?tag=m20b7-20

I don't speak any Russian, but disassembly was easy enough to follow along here:

pictures show some of the disassembly, the finished product, and comparison to the stock trim on the dash.
20200920_134549.jpg
20200920_134820.jpg
20200920_141915.jpg
20200920_152109.jpg
20200920_152115.jpg

:
Northern VA
:
2014 CX-5 AWD
I installed a megan racing h brace, i think it complements the strut tower bar installed a few months back. the front end just feels more solid.

i originally wanted to also install a poly urethane filled rear motor mount but i could not get the mount off. corksports instructions were to slide the mount up to remove but the there’s no room with the awd case in the way.

for those with awd that have replaced the rear motor mount, how did you do it?

i also completed the tuning process with ovtuning about two weeks ago. unfortunately im not driving around much these days to enjoy the extra power every day.

Attachments

Last edited:
:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose
I installed a megan racing h brace, i think it complements the strut tower bar installed a few months back. the front end just feels more solid.

i originally wanted to also install a poly urethane filled rear motor mount but i could not get the mount off. corksports instructions were to slide the mount up to remove but the there’s no room with the awd case in the way.

for those with awd that have replaced the rear motor mount, how did you do it?

i also completed the tuning process with ovtuning about two weeks ago. unfortunately im not driving around much these days to enjoy the extra power every day.
That looks easy to install!!! Price and from where?

:
Northern VA
:
2014 CX-5 AWD
That looks easy to install!!! Price and from where?
i got it from ebay, i think around $89 shipped

it took a little finagling to fit but i was able to slide the bolts in without using a jack to flatten out the bar as some mazda3 users have reported

:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose
i got it from ebay, i think around $89 shipped

it took a little finagling to fit but i was able to slide the bolts in without using a jack to flatten out the bar as some mazda3 users have reported
Cool....if you find any install links be sure to post. Pretty sure others are interested.

:
2019 CX-5 Touring
:
with PP
I did a thing today, inspired by RedBaron https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/ind...ng-things-in-your-cx-5.123872399/post-6691347

In my '19 GTR, I couldn't stand the instantaneous filth on the piano black of the gear selection plate, so I disassembled and covered it with some wood grain made for covering furniture.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TSJS57O/?tag=m20b7-20

I don't speak any Russian, but disassembly was easy enough to follow along here:

pictures show some of the disassembly, the finished product, and comparison to the stock trim on the dash.
View attachment 227143 View attachment 227144 View attachment 227145 View attachment 227146 View attachment 227147
Looks incredibly good