What have you done to your CX-5 today?

My Infiniti had an oil filled rear differential mount. It's was made that way to 'supposedly' make the car quieter. The problem is that it was one piece with the sub frame and as such was a $2000 repair when it leaked, or a $1,200 repair (with labor) to swap it out with a solid Whiteline bushing, after the original oil filled bushing was punched out. - I sure hope my 2020 CX-5 engine mount is is more traditional to replace

it is hard to tell. the paint on plastic and plate will not have the same result because the material absorbs the paint differently. at least it is almost 95% the same, even on the black paint.
This. Look at almost any car and you'll see what appears to be a different color/shade on the bumper
That is correct. Even from the factory.
Go to a Mazda dealer on an overcast day and you will see what I mean.
Having said that. I love my white CX-5. Would not have it in any other color... except red, but my wife already owns that.

Ahhh, makes sense! Makes me feel better!

I looove white too! I think it looks especially good on the cx-5 with the contrasting black trim. It is a pain to keep clean though; want to do a ceramic coating at some point.

Come to find out Gen1's have a hydraulic engine mount because mine is leaking. Rip. I'm hoping a "cheap" aftermarket one is actually solid.

Interesting. Curious how the aftermarket one will be. I feel like the stock engine mounts are pretty good: not a lot of vibrations or movement from the engine.

I ordered a new one aftermarket for $50. I'm hoping they "cheaped out" and made it solid rubber. Either way, I'm likely going to cut a clean the old one and fill it with poly.

Also I bough some new brake pads today, $32 shipped all four corners.

Installed a bumper guard and replaced the sad, sad, stock spare with a 165/90R17.

Bumper Guard Full Rear_20200613.JPG

Bumper Guard Side_20200613.JPG

New Spare Diameter_20200613.JPG

New Spare Width_20200613.JPG

Installed a bumper guard and replaced the sad, sad, stock spare with a 165/90R17.

View attachment 225185

View attachment 225186

View attachment 225187

View attachment 225188
Bumper guard looks great.

Question on the dealer badge on your CX-5. Does the dealer pay for advertising space on your vehicle?
If I buy a vehicle and after the purchase the dealer places an ad on it, they are defacing my property. They want it on there, then they have to pay me or its gone.
Just my 2 cents.

Question on the dealer badge on your CX-5. Does the dealer pay for advertising space on your vehicle?
If I buy a vehicle and after the purchase the dealer places an ad on it, they are defacing my property. They want it on there, then they have to pay me or its gone.
Just my 2 cents.

I agree! When I order a new vehicle I tell the salesperson NOT to put any of their stickers or plaques or license plates on.

When I picked up my brand new CX there was the dealer's sticker on the back, of course. I asked my salesman what that was doing on my car. He said that it must have been put on by one of the flunkies. He had it removed while I watched.

The same thing happened when I bought my MX. The Miata was used so I can't fault them with the sticker placement. They also removed it while I watched.

Yeah, I tell them that if it's there when I pick it up I won't be getting the car. Not a huge deal as it's just double sided tape.

They also removed it while I watched.

Here's the problem, I don't trust them to replace a pine cone air freshener. To do it right you really need fishing line or similar. If you just heat and pull, it's not unlikely that as they lift one side up the other side scratches the car. Keep in mind that you're having that same 'flunkie' now doing a process that while still easy, is more involved than when he put it on.

Other than take a hose to my car (so that I could inspect it for new car damage) I told them to not even wash it before I picked it up - lots of Arizona dust on it and I didn't want their dirty rags or their spin-o-matic bushes of death car wash on it.

Just my 2 cents.

When I was in my 30s and 40s, I usually ordered my cars and specified no dealer logos on the cars. This was off the dealer lot, I turn 69 this month and I really don't care anymore.

I always have them write on the purchase agreement when I put the deposit down, no plates, holes or stickers. Inevitably when I pick up the vehicle & the sticker is there anyway I present them with my "advertising fee charge".

My dealer also sells VW & my previous vehicle was a Golf which does not come from the factory with pre-drilled holes for the license plate. When I went to pick up the vehicle whoever prepped it drilled the license plate holes so the plate had about a 10 degree slant. It was beyond obvious. I showed it to the new car manager & said what is this person doing prepping cars & why doesn't the salesperson double check the "allegedly prepped" vehicle for just such acts of stupidity? They had to repair the bumper & properly mount the plate before I would take delivery.

Hardwired my Scosche wireless charger/mount and added a USB adapter that supports quickcharge 3.0 and has a voltmeter:

IMG_20200613_203204.jpg

IMG_20200614_125922.jpg

Didn't realize I was going to have to remove the ENTIRE center console going into this. But it actually wasn't too bad to disassemble and reassemble, considering everything. Took me about two hours to complete.

IMG_20200613_183902.jpg

And this helped:

IMG_20200613_193251.jpg

The rad support/shroud is perfect for drink placement :cool:

View attachment 225185

View attachment 225186

View attachment 225187

View attachment 225188

Went back out today to install some of the cut-off foam from the deck cover around the subwoofer and under the too-long bolt until I get the bolt cut shorter. I snapped a pic of the installed tire this time. It would be nice to be able to get the 185/70R17 regular driving tire that's available in Mexico for the CX-5. There is definitely room for it.

Mazda 165_90R17 Spare Installed 20200614.JPG

Replaced the old engine mount which tore and leaked (184000mile). $50 new from ebay and less than 1 hr said and done. Going to try and fill and cage the old one with urethane.

Attachments

• 20200619_120134.jpg
    20200619_120134.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 20200619_120145.jpg
    20200619_120145.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 20200619_121322.jpg
    20200619_121322.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 201
Replaced the old engine mount which tore and leaked (184000mile). $50 new from ebay and less than 1 hr said and done. Going to try and fill and cage the old one with urethane.
You can do it within 1 hour for such job? Nice!

3 nuts and 3 bolts , 17mm in size. Dealer would probably charge $400 said and done. And likely convince customer to replace something else that is "worn out".
I changed leaking rear liquid engine mount on my VW before. The engine needs to be lifted a bit, and the space is very tight. It took me entire afternoon, and I was 20 years younger!

On the other hand, the front rubber engine mount on my 1998 Honda CR-V was so much easier to replace it.

I changed leaking rear liquid engine mount on my VW before. The engine needs to be lifted a bit, and the space is very tight. It took me entire afternoon, and I was 20 years younger!

On the other hand, the front rubber engine mount on my 1998 Honda CR-V was so much easier to replace it.
Yea the rear motor mount is a tight fit, esp with AWD. When I put my poly on I had to jack the engine engine so much. It probably would have made more sense to undo the other mountts given the difficulty

Back