What did you pay for your CX-9?

Thank you Orangeman.

I am looking to buy this week.

When you go 4k+ off MSRP did you then negotiate the lease interest rate (or money factor)?
No, the MF was already at .00001 which is like feee money, there was only $360 in lease cash for the GT in my zipcode. The dealer agreed to the discount off the bat
MSRP $45280
Sale Price before incentive: $40,639
Discount: $4,461
I had to go out of state to get this deal, no one in NJ would come close.

Thank you youri.

The US site doesn't show the same 'Retail Cash' line item.

I have one email offer. It has a line item "Discount" for 4k. Email contained this statement "This quote is either as a Cash price or standard APR". I've asked to clarify whether i can get the discount and the 0.0 APR offer. If i can, i think i buy. If not, I'll calculate what I'd pay out with the their new discount and APR numbers or the full discount and an alternative loan. Decide what to do after.

Are you taking the deal if its 4k off MSRP cash, no 0.0 APR?

Thank you youri.

The US site doesn't show the same 'Retail Cash' line item.

I have one email offer. It has a line item "Discount" for 4k. Email contained this statement "This quote is either as a Cash price or standard APR". I've asked to clarify whether i can get the discount and the 0.0 APR offer. If i can, i think i buy. If not, I'll calculate what I'd pay out with the their new discount and APR numbers or the full discount and an alternative loan. Decide what to do after.

Are you taking the deal if its 4k off MSRP cash, no 0.0 APR?
4k off MSRP in this climate is fantastic, yes!

Yesterday, i purchased and drove home a new CX-9 Signature. Received 4k off, and financed outside of Mazda. I did get a better offer from a different dealership but didn't like the vibe. I did this all through email and they wrote in riddles.

Thanks all for the help/input! Off to accessories.

Yes and no. The current generation CX9 is getting a bit long in the tooth.
For some reason after reading. i thought of this:
tenor.gif

Here is what I did...and what others have already suggested.

I first got a quote from a large volume dealer who was known to sell cheaper then most since they work in volume of sales. Got around $6,000 off MSRP without any incentives such as Miltiary or prior Mazda owner since I am neither.

Next I shopped that around multiple dealers and finally landed one that agreed to match it. From experience you will get more of a discount by financing (except if you opt for 0% special financing) verse paying straight cash since the dealers get a financing kick back.

My goal was to pay cash so I took the financing route to get the best deal possible and paid off the loan in full when my first payment was due.

2021 mazda CX9 GT silver in AWD purchased February 2021, MSRP $45,040, final deal was $39,000 plus TTL (california taxes suck).

Wish I had some other incentives such as current mazda owner or miltiary, would have made a much sweeter deal but I am extremely happy with my CX9. 👍

From experience you will get more of a discount by financing (except if you opt for 0% special financing) verse paying straight cash since the dealers get a financing kick back.

My goal was to pay cash so I took the financing route to get the best deal possible and paid off the loan in full when my first payment was due.

Financing vs paying cash. You are correct, with the small distinction that by financing, it often means with other means than the 0% APR offered (or low interest rate offered by Mazda).

In my case: Negotiate a price with the dealer, Refuse the 0% APR and get the cash payment incentive from Mazda corporate on top of the negotiated price (that also saves a bit of taxes), finance at 4% through the agreement the dealer has with a bank (this is were dealer receives his kickback), then immediately payback the loan and save the 4% interest.

of course that only work if the financing is flexible enough to allow to pay it early with no penalties or interest charges.

Financing vs paying cash. You are correct, with the small distinction that by financing, it often means with other means than the 0% APR offered (or low interest rate offered by Mazda).

In my case: Negotiate a price with the dealer, Refuse the 0% APR and get the cash payment incentive from Mazda corporate on top of the negotiated price (that also saves a bit of taxes), finance at 4% through the agreement the dealer has with a bank (this is were dealer receives his kickback), then immediately payback the loan and save the 4% interest.

of course that only work if the financing is flexible enough to allow to pay it early with no penalties or interest charges.

Spot on. I think I ended up paying $23 bux in interest before paying my loan off in full, I want to say 3 weeks after I signed at the dealership. No pre payment penalties so I was good to go. Just hit my 600 mile break in now it's really time to have some fun. 😎

I usually don't buy used vehicles from a dealer but I think I found a good deal this time. 2018 CX-9 Sport at 38k miles paid $21,500 out to door including tag tax title. No accidents and clean carfax.

I didn’t know we were doing used prices here but I’ll add mine. 2016 GT black interior and MGM exterior. 43k miles. $24,778 OTD. Needed new mirror caps ($100) but CarFax was clean. Original plan was to keep it knowing it would be a trade in for a 6th gen 4Runner when they come out in 2022/2023 but I’m liking it more than I thought I would.

I'm shopping for a 2021 CX-9 (CE or GT) in the Raleigh, NC area (finance, not lease). Most dealer websites are offering about $2500ish off MSRP. How much more should I be expecting to get off when I visit in person and attempt to play hardball?

Just bought a 2021 CX-9 CE (FWD) with illuminated door plates as the only option in Cary, NC. Paid $42.5k OTD including $750 Mazda loyalty credit or whatever it's called. Also got 0% for 60 months through Mazda with the deal but I did have to haggle to get this deal. I was told the internet price was only for cash buyers which was about $2500 off MSRP but I basically got the $2500 off by haggling. I was told by multiple sources that Mazda is marking new vehicles up very soon due to low supply. My salesperson said that they mark up the used vehicles weekly on their lot.

Last edited:
I found a good deal (I think). CPO 2020 CX-9 Signature in red at 12k miles paid $35,200 (before taxes/registration). No accidents and clean carfax. 2 weeks with the car now and loving it.

Back