What did you pay for your CX-9?

Hm. Strolling through the deals here it doesn’t seem my dealers “great and last offer” truly was great. I suppose this will be the last time I’m young and stupid...

$41944+225 doc + 2530 tax - 1250 incentives or $43450 OTD.

MSRP with the Grey and Dest = $44,850

Unless others are quoting their rebates into their deal, it appears I was taken to town or dealers here just aren’t willing to wheel and deal.

Just recently purchased 2020 GT FWD (with lighting package). Paid $40,500 with 0% financing. Got 5 year service package for $1600.

Perhaps I'm being too harsh on myself then, seems like our deals are pretty fair deals. Side note: I marked the dealership way down as they were somewhat deceptive with all their extended warranties. Literally zero preparation or discussion what the warranties were or cost and they refused to tell me the outright cost...only what my "monthly payment" would increase by. I thought it was distasteful of the dealership to expect me to buy a warranty which turned out to be an extra 13k...

Perhaps I'm being too harsh on myself then, seems like our deals are pretty fair deals. Side note: I marked the dealership way down as they were somewhat deceptive with all their extended warranties. Literally zero preparation or discussion what the warranties were or cost and they refused to tell me the outright cost...only what my "monthly payment" would increase by. I thought it was distasteful of the dealership to expect me to buy a warranty which turned out to be an extra 13k...
Similar experience with the dealer. The finance guy just verbally quoted a price without much details so I didn’t elect for the additional warranty.

Picked up a 2020 GT in gray from a dealer 4 hours from me. Factory MSRP is $42950 but the dealer also had $700 worth of add ons(front window tinting and clear door edgeguards which I know cost then like $200 max) which no matter how hard I tried they would not take them off the price because they were offering $6k off sticker as a straight dealer discount PLUS any mazda rebates. So, new msrp with add ons was $43,650. Take $6k off that made the selling price $37,650. I also had loyalty which made the price $36,900. They had a doc fee of $699 which again was not negotiable no matter how hard I tried. So, that brought the price back up to $37,600 plus tax tag license and $125 e-filing fee for the company they use to process out of state purchases. (bogus fee but didnt argue)

I did a trade as well and got an offer for $1000 more than anywhere within my 300 mile search radius including Carvana and so got some tax savings of about $400 on that. Lastly I literally made them throw in the all weather mats or I was walking out, so they did.

I financed at 3% but will pay off soon. Had to, to get the price.

So, overall I think I made out well. $37,725 with loyalty only, before trade/tax/tags plus rubber mats, front tint and door guards

Just picked up a 2021 GT AWD 3 year/36K lease in Blue/Sand interior in MA... $43000 - $2200 in discounts (Loyalty, etc). My 2017 GT 42month lease just ended - they ended up buying the vehicle off the lease

First month + Doc Fee + Lease Acq Fee + Disposition Fee + Title = $1814 upon signing

Decent deal, not great - first 2021 CX-9 in the area, as everyone said they were not in stock yet.

Good number of new features, and a few issues... will report back in a future post

Just got a 2021 carbon edition $42k msrp for $37k plus tax. Covid has some dealerships wanting to make sales numbers!

Just bought a CPO 2019 Signature w/ 19,100 miles for $36,200. Also got them to replace the brand new but crappy set of Nexen all-seasons with a set of Vredestein Quatrac Pros as part of the deal.

I tried to buy a 2021 GT in Allentown PA, the best I could get was $2k off sticker. Too early for the 21's to buy and dealers don't have enough inventory, too rich for my blood. Will try again when things change.

Back