What did you pay for your CX-9?

Congrats to your new car.

Here is a link to the extended Mazda service warranty.

Thanks for the link. Just wanted to point out that the link goes to a dealer called Werner Mazda in NH that is selling them at those prices. It is the Mazda extended but this is not offered from Mazda direct,as in purchasing directly on mazdas website. I'm not sure if those are the best prices or not but you may want to see if your local dealer has a better price or will match this dealer price. I'm sure they will. Also, I was under the impression that you can purchase the "new" car extended contract if your vehicle is less than 3/36k miles and the used contract for over that amount, however when I plugged in my own vehicle VIN which is a 2020 CX-9 GT with only 16k miles, it only gave me the used vehicle contract prices and not new. Im not sure what the price differences are from new to used contracts but I do know after reading the sample contract that for used, it starts at the purchase date and mileage you currently have and runs through the additional time and mileage of the contract on top of what you currently have on the odometer, mileage wise and for the additional time period. It does not start when your factory warranty runs out so it may over lap any existing warranty you have left.

Hope that helps everyone

You did good buying a 21. Pre 21 Mazda Skyactive turbos have head issues, I would stay away from them as the head may likely be good until the factory warranty expires and 3rd party warranties may not cover manufactures defects.

21 turbos have bad exhaust valve stem seals. From your current mileage and year, you have 3 years or 23k miles to have it fixed through the Mazda Powertrain Warranty. If I were you, I'd start having the oil changes done every 5k miles at your local Mazda dealer. Verify the level after oil change to make sure they don't overfill it and check it every 1k miles. Most reports have the oil level dropping after 4k miles and people who drive a lot of highway miles. The TSB may require a low oil DTC to be stored for the dealer to fix it, depending on the dealer and your documentation. The more documentation you do the easier it will be to have the Mazda dealer fix the issue, if it affects your vehicle.
Thanks for this detailed explanation! I'll be sure to keep an eye on this.

Separate question, how do you wash your machine grey metallic? This color does not appear to be PITA like the black Jeep I have and it doesn't have any swirls right now(not sure what the previous owner did). It's simply not practical to handwash this on the east coast, so was thinking of just running it through the local car wash once a month or so.

Separate question, how do you wash your machine grey metallic? This color does not appear to be PITA like the black Jeep I have and it doesn't have any swirls right now(not sure what the previous owner did). It's simply not practical to handwash this on the east coast, so was thinking of just running it through the local car wash once a month or so.
It is not as bad as black but is still easily shows scratches, compared to lighter colors. I use to have a 2017 CX-9 in sonic silver and it hid everything. One of the first things I did with my 22 machine grey is have it ceramic coated with a 5 year coating. I would never use a machine car wash again, after researching them. My wife's polymetal grey Mazda 6 had lots of small scratches from using automatic car washes. The detailer I used for ceramic coating got most of them out, before he coated her car.

I power wash/blow dry and mostly everything just slides off the ceramic coating. Periodically I foam cannon and 2 bucket wash it, every 2 to 3 weeks.

Unfortunately, hand washing is the only way to prevent excessive small scratches. You may also be able to find a detailer who can give you a deal comparable to automatic car wash memberships.

Car washing have nothing to do with “How much you paid for your CX-9” Why not start a new thread?

Traded in my 2018 VW Atlas with 84k for almost 18k but pretty much got the Touring Plus @ msrp @ 43k. If I had more time I would've definitely tried to lower the price but I was able to get the trade in offer I wanted. Also being in NYC kind of hard to haggle the price with many dealers not budging. Overall happy with the transaction, and should be taking delivery next week!

Traded in my 2018 VW Atlas with 84k for almost 18k but pretty much got the Touring Plus @ msrp @ 43k. If I had more time I would've definitely tried to lower the price but I was able to get the trade in offer I wanted. Also being in NYC kind of hard to haggle the price with many dealers not budging. Overall happy with the transaction, and should be taking delivery next week!

Congrats on the new car! (y)

I handwash it and use microfiber washrags and premium microfiber towels from Amazon.
Purchased my CX9 new in 2018. No car wash. Waxed it a couple of years ago and plan to wax it again in a month or so(still looks great, but some very isolated scratches i want to buff out)

I handwash it and use microfiber washrags and premium microfiber towels from Amazon.
Purchased my CX9 new in 2018. No car wash. Waxed it a couple of years ago and plan to wax it again in a month or so(still looks great, but some very isolated scratches i want to buff out)
I used to love wax but I love ceramic sealants now. Give it a try brother

Anyone purchased or was recently quoted a price on a new 2023 carbon or GT? Mazda has a $2k cash back right now on all the trims plus any other incentives such as loyalty, military etc. Curious what the best deal people have been able to find on those 2 trims before Cashback. Wondering if 10% off msrp plus cashback is doable. I was offered $33,500 for my 2020 GT with 18k miles from a large local place that buys and sells cars. Wondering if I should upgrade. Paid $38k with loyalty before ttl brand new back in Sept 2020 and that was a crazy deal.

Last edited:
Also curious what people are paying in today's new world. Understand pre-pandemic could easily get $5-6k off MSRP. Wife is looking to get a 2023 GT or Touring Plus. So far with minimal negotiations have got to $3050 off MSRP. Seems supply is up and demand is shifting to the CX-90. We test drove the CX-90 yesterday and were not overly impressed for the $10k+ difference in cost for same/similar features.

Last edited:
Also curious what people are paying in today's new world. Understand pre-pandemic could easily get $5-6k off MSRP. Wife is looking to get a 2023 GT or Touring Plus. So far with minimal negotiations have got to $3050 off MSRP. Seems supply is up and demand is shifting to the CX-90. We test drove the CX-90 yesterday and were not overly impressed for the $10k+ difference in cost for same/similar features.
My father just leased a ‘23 CX-9 for a great deal. We figured the dealer wanted to clear out old inventory for the new cx-90 models.

My father just leased a ‘23 CX-9 for a great deal. We figured the dealer wanted to clear out old inventory for the new cx-90 models.

Thanks. We have three different dealers at $3100 off MSRP each so there's obviously some behind the scenes dealer incentives to move these. This is on the Touring Plus. I'd like to get $4k and I'd pull the trigger. With the 0% financing I'd be content.

Thanks. We have three different dealers at $3100 off MSRP each so there's obviously some behind the scenes dealer incentives to move these. This is on the Touring Plus. I'd like to get $4k and I'd pull the trigger. With the 0% financing I'd be content.
Is this with the $3000 customer cash or the dealer discount including customer cash?

You should be getting a dealer discount of that much not including customer cash.

Is this with the $3000 customer cash or the dealer discount including customer cash?

You should be getting a dealer discount of that much not including customer cash.
$2000 customer cash or 0% APR are current Mazda offers.

The prices I listed above are straight dealer discounts not considering incentives from Mazda. We'd be taking the 0% APR offer (free money).

Just to say. 0% financing is not always free money. Both times i bought a mazda the cash discount with a higher interest loan came up cheaper than the 0% loan without cash discount. Also dealers often get kick back on financing outside of the 0%, so they can negotiate a better deal when taking the cash discount and setting up financing at let say 4%. Compare the two and do the math to see what works best for you, but don’t be fooled in blindly accepting the 0% financing.

Back