What did you pay for your CX-5?

Hi all, new to the forum. I bought my new CX-5 Sport about two weeks ago in the Seattle area, and used Costco's Auto Program. The Costco discount was $2500, and the dealer offered an additional $1000 if I did not finance through Mazda (would have been 0% for 48 months). From what I can tell, the $1000 was a Mazda to dealer incentive that wasn't advertised or offered to all customers like a typical incentive is. Most of the regular incentives or dealer discounts have disappeared in my area, so I was happy to get what I got.
Very nice.i wish i could get discount like you

So I have been looking at a Soul red AWD touring. I visited 2 dealerships in NE Ohio today, and neither one would budge on MSRP $30150. I ended up walking out at both places. They both said Mazda doesn't really negotiate prices, which I find impossible to believe. Anyways, I will keep plugging away, but if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on how to get a better deal than MSRP, it would be helpful. I've never ever had this happen at a car dealership, let alone 2 in one day.
I just went to Bass mazda dealer in Ohio, asked them send their offer to my email
The price they offer is same as msrp. Do you guy know any dealer offering better price. Thank you very much

You have to shop around.
Currently the whole market is crazy and dealers try to profit out of it of course.
New cars and used cars prices are skyrocket high.

As long as people pay overpriced amounts this show will go on.
Or if you are not in a hurry wait for now.

Hi all, new to the forum. I bought my new CX-5 Sport about two weeks ago in the Seattle area, and used Costco's Auto Program. The Costco discount was $2500
Did they add any dealer-installed extras like paint shield, security etching, fabric guard, Edge molding trim, or similar?

I am waiting for 10 more days to pull the trigger so it is close to month end and quarter end. Like others mentioned, with the chip shortage the inventory is low but compared to other manufactures, Mazda has a decent inventory. I am keeping track of the particular car I want and I see there are total 15 available within 200 miles radius for me. I live in suburbs of Detroit, MI. I am planning to email and call all dealers within 200miles that includes one in Ohio like Classic Mazda, etc., Is my assumption correct to wait for 10 more days to negotiate? Any one have a referral for dealers in MI or 150 miles close in Ohio from Detroit? Or the month end or quarter end doesn't matter with the current seller's market situation?
Finally, after some negotiations with multiple dealers in MI and Ohio, I was able to get $1775 off of the MSRP because of Costco. Nobody gave more than $400 discount off the MSRP. I even took this Costco price to a dealer who had the vehicle in stock. He said their best offer is $400 off of MSRP. The one I went with don't have the car in stock but it's on the way this week. So excited and Thanks to this forum for all the inputs. I feel I did good and lucky with the market situation as out of the 10 dealers I contacted, I got 5% off MSRP only from one. He gave initially 3% price as Costco discount and I asked more off that to get 5% and then free cargo mat accessory.
2021 CX5 Grand Touring AWD with Premium Package in Machine gray, no add ons or accessories
MSRP: 35255
Discount: 1775(5%)
Sale Price: 33480
Cargo Mat: Free
Mazda Loyalty: -750
TTL, Doc Fees: 2307 (MI 6% Sales Tax)
Total: 35037

If you want to buy in the current market with no dealers budging, I would recommend to use Costco auto program or spend 60 bucks and get a Costco membership to save at least 3-5% off MSRP if you know you have dealers participating in Costco program.

Last edited:
I just went to Bass mazda dealer in Ohio, asked them send their offer to my email
The price they offer is same as msrp. Do you guy know any dealer offering better price. Thank you very much
There are no dealers in Northeast Ohio that are willing to budge off MSRP. Going to hold on to my 205,000 mile CRV until the prices get better, whether that's 3 months, 6 months, or a year.

Most of the local dealers here have plenty of cars in stock. Its a distorted market because most people are ready to pay whatever the dealer asks them to pay. Also.after the lockdowns everyone is full force into spending spree, not just cars
When the free money ends it should normalize I think.

When I was buying my car 3yrs ago some dealers tried to convince me to 'buy now' overpriced. Their logic was because of some huge flood in Japan. Supposedly there would be no cars:) go figure.

As suggested, shop around until you find someone willing to discount or wait for the dust to settle.

Last edited:
Greetings! I have been negotiated with dealers for Touring trim, FWD in base package. The best offer that I got so far was 26900-ish on the selling price. I asked them if they can go down, so far two of the dealers said that's the best price they can give. Should I wait for Independence day to go for another round of negotiation or end of June?

Most of the local dealers here have plenty of cars in stock. Its a distorted market because most people are ready to pay whatever the dealer asks them to pay. Also.after the lockdowns everyone is full force into spending spree, not just cars

When I was buying my car 3yrs ago some dealers tried to convince me to 'buy now' overpriced. Their logic was because of some huge flood in Japan. Supposedly there would be no cars:) go figure.

As suggested, shop around until you find someone willing to discount or wait for the dust to settle.
define "plenty." we currently only have 15% of our normal new vehicle inventory

between 40 to 70 cars per dealer. For cx5. The lots are also not empty by decent standards.

Attachments

• 20210615_093421.jpg
    20210615_093421.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 20210615_093437.jpg
    20210615_093437.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 121
between 40 to 70 cars per dealer. For cx5. The lots are also not empty by decent standards.
but how many do they usually have? if they normally have 200, they're hurting for inventory.

is that all of their new cars? no 3s or 6s or CX9s?

Plenty? What area are you in? At least in Michigan area including Ohio, there are only 100 CX5 in 100 mile radius with 6 dealers in stock. If I filter that by trims, there are only 50 GTs which is the most popular one after Sport. I went inside 7 local dealers parking lot to see only 4-5 CX5s in their lot. None of them had one inside their showroom. We bought it now because we needed one for sure as we can't wait for 1-3 years for this to normalize. I would agree if you don't need one in the at least for the next 1-2 years, don't buy it now. But this will be crazy for the next 1-2 years as even Mazda said their 2022 Productions are affected and prices of the car will increase more.

Finally, after some negotiations with multiple dealers in MI and Ohio, I was able to get $1775 off of the MSRP because of Costco. Nobody gave more than $400 discount off the MSRP. I even took this Costco price to a dealer who had the vehicle in stock. He said their best offer is $400 off of MSRP. The one I went with don't have the car in stock but it's on the way this week. So excited and Thanks to this forum for all the inputs. I feel I did good and lucky with the market situation as out of the 10 dealers I contacted, I got 5% off MSRP only from one. He gave initially 3% price as Costco discount and I asked more off that to get 5% and then free cargo mat accessory.
2021 CX5 Grand Touring with Premium Package in Machine gray, no add ons or accessories
TTL, Doc Fees: 2307

If you want to buy in the current market with no dealers budging, I would recommend to use Costco auto program or spend 60 bucks and get a Costco membership to save at least 3-5% off MSRP if you know you have dealers participating in Costco program.
Your MSRP seems to be about 1k-1.5k higher than mine of the same trim & package in FWD. Is yours an AWD?

There are no dealers in Northeast Ohio that are willing to budge off MSRP. Going to hold on to my 205,000 mile CRV until the prices get better, whether that's 3 months, 6 months, or a year.
I am thinking to fix Power steering return line leaking, catalys converter Engine light on my Lexus 2004 Es330 May apply for a Weaver E check then buy new one later.

Do you know any good auto repair shop?
We may wait and hope we can buy newer model 2022 lol

Last edited:
2021 CX5 Grand Touring AWD with Premium Package in Machine gray, no add ons or accessories
TTL, Doc Fees: 2307 (MI 6% Sales Tax)

Can you please give me the dealers information ? I want to see if they can ship the car to my location since I live in Texas.

I am thinking to fix Power steering return line leaking, catalys converter Engine light on my Lexus 2004 Es330 May apply for a Weaver E check then buy new one later.

Do you know any good auto repair shop?
We may wait and hope we can buy newer model 2022 lol
Not really. I've went to Conrad's quite often. Cheaper than the dealer for sure, but more expensive than some mechanics. They are pretty quick at getting you in. Just got the AC in my 2010 CRV fixed there. 205,000 miles on it, but everything is running smooth. Going to wait until the market evens out to get a NEW CX5.

Back