Roof Rack Side Rails
$400 MSRP
Retractable Cargo Cover
$250 MSRP

Truecar cash price: $35,563
Sales tax: $3111.77
Government Fees: $650.91
Total: $39,325.68 OTD

I live in SF Bay Area in Cali but buying it in East Bay so is this ok deal? Btw not sire how they got 8.75% tax and gov fees lol.

Guys I have another offer for 2021 GTR white pearl with accessories:

Rear Bumper Guard (black plastic)
$125 MSRP
Cargo Mat
$100 MSRP
Roof Rack Side Rails
$400 MSRP
Retractable Cargo Cover
$250 MSRP

Truecar cash price: $35,563
Sales tax: $3111.77
Government Fees: $650.91
Total: $39,325.68 OTD

I live in SF Bay Area in Cali but buying it in East Bay so is this ok deal? Btw not sire how they got 8.75% tax and gov fees lol.
Not enough data to make any statements. What's the MSRP on this one? It has $875 in accessories. None of them are junk fees but do you need all of them?

I am seeing that discounts are fading away. The dealer I purchased my CX-5 Touring AWD from had 103 new cars 2 weeks ago versus 70 as of today.

Spoke to a dealer nearby to me about a Carbon Edition AWD Turbo but he wouldn't come down from MSRP.

Found another dealer about 2 hours away who offered 1k off MSRP.

Took that quote back to Dealer 1 who said "I guess they don't have buyers all the way out there but we do here." Still not budging.

I'm astonished tbh.

Spoke to a dealer nearby to me about a Carbon Edition AWD Turbo but he wouldn't come down from MSRP.

Found another dealer about 2 hours away who offered 1k off MSRP.

Took that quote back to Dealer 1 who said "I guess they don't have buyers all the way out there but we do here." Still not budging.

I'm astonished tbh.
It's the new normal for a while. Some dealers in some areas are still offering good discounts. There is a Mazda dealer in my area that is sitting on 37 new cars (only 12 of them are CX-5). They would have laughed at me if asked them about a discount.

Not enough data to make any statements. What's the MSRP on this one? It has $875 in accessories. None of them are junk fees but do you need all of them?
MSRP $ 37,655 (accessories included) but doubt that he can take off one or two accessories. There was another exact GTR a few days ago but that ones gone already.

My next door neighbor is a salesman at the Mazda dealer here in Prescott. He couldn't come close to the price I paid in the valley for our GT-R (14% off MSRP). He told me the other day that now they can not sell for less than MSRP due to rapidly shrinking inventory. Looking at the Web site for the dealer I purchased from shows a lot fewer CX-5s than when we bought in late April. Now isn't the best time to buy a new CX-5.

great to see we are in Ohio. i just went to Mazda of Bedford to have a look on CX5 too
i was surprised when they did not offer any % of MSRP.
what dealers did you come ?
hope you can have a good deal and share us info
I went to Classic Westside and Brunswick. Also checked in with Mike Bass, and they are standing pat at MSRP as well. I'll update if anything changes, but I can wait awhile.

Do not buy a car now in this crazy market. Be wise and save thousands in a short time.
Anyone want to buy my white 2020 Signature, roof rails, cargo cover and full front ppf (full front fenders, full hood, bumper mirrors), 3,100 miles, for the bargain price of $37,500???

2021 CX-5 Grant Touring w/ Premium Package FWD in Eternal Blue Mica
Accessories:
Roof Rack Side Rails: $400
Wheel Locks: $65

MSRP: $33,825
Sale Price: $31,221.03 + TTL
All Weather Mats included during price negotiation
No other rebates/incentives were applied

$34,208.00 OTD (Sacramento, CA)

I think I did ok, considering the climate. Mazda dealers in my area are not feeling an inventory squeeze like other manufacturers (Subaru and Toyota come to mind).

I went to Classic Westside and Brunswick. Also checked in with Mike Bass, and they are standing pat at MSRP as well. I'll update if anything changes, but I can wait awhile.
Thank you for sharing. I plan to have a look at Bass Mazda near my house. Will update to you too
When you take a test pls test on sport mode too. I drove normal mode same ok. But sport mode i feel a little strange to me. Hitting accelarator engine sound high rpm, but when i released gas pedal the engine still keeping louder high rpm while i though the engine should be lower noise( same as lagging). Tested car have 6k miles on odo. This made me confused. So i would like to hear from you and other about feeling sport mode on Cx5 2.5

2021 CX-5 Grant Touring w/ Premium Package FWD in Eternal Blue Mica
Accessories:
Roof Rack Side Rails: $400
Wheel Locks: $65

MSRP: $33,825
Sale Price: $31,221.03 + TTL
All Weather Mats included during price negotiation
No other rebates/incentives were applied

$34,208.00 OTD (Sacramento, CA)

I think I did ok, considering the climate. Mazda dealers in my area are not feeling an inventory squeeze like other manufacturers (Subaru and Toyota come to mind).
Look good on sale price they offered you compare to msrp
I wish in Cleveland , Ohio they offered at least like yours
How about %APR they offer you?
With that money i would like to choose Carbon Edition Turbo
More power to drive.
Can you the price they offer for Carbon Edition Turbo ?

Last edited:
Look good on sale price they offered you compare to msrp
I wish in Cleveland , Ohio they offered at least like yours
How about %APR they offer you?
With that money i would like to choose Carbon Edition Turbo
More power to drive.
Can you the price they offer for Carbon Edition Turbo ?
This was a cash deal. Other Mazda dealers were offering $1000 off if you didn’t use the 0% special financing deal. This dealer I purchased from didn’t mention this outright, but I’m assuming the negotiation took this into account.

It sounds like the supply and demand curves are following true to form. Dealers are going to ride this train as long as they can. So glad I bought my Frontier last September when I paid 26500 for a 32k MSRP truck. Today it would be selling for at least 30k if not full MSRP...

I am waiting for 10 more days to pull the trigger so it is close to month end and quarter end. Like others mentioned, with the chip shortage the inventory is low but compared to other manufactures, Mazda has a decent inventory. I am keeping track of the particular car I want and I see there are total 15 available within 200 miles radius for me. I live in suburbs of Detroit, MI. I am planning to email and call all dealers within 200miles that includes one in Ohio like Classic Mazda, etc., Is my assumption correct to wait for 10 more days to negotiate? Any one have a referral for dealers in MI or 150 miles close in Ohio from Detroit? Or the month end or quarter end doesn't matter with the current seller's market situation?

Last edited:
Hi all, new to the forum. I bought my new CX-5 Sport about two weeks ago in the Seattle area, and used Costco's Auto Program. The Costco discount was $2500, and the dealer offered an additional $1000 if I did not finance through Mazda (would have been 0% for 48 months). From what I can tell, the $1000 was a Mazda to dealer incentive that wasn't advertised or offered to all customers like a typical incentive is. Most of the regular incentives or dealer discounts have disappeared in my area, so I was happy to get what I got.

Back