What did you pay for your CX-5?

Not really a good price and you are absolutely getting hosed on all those add ons. You are way over paying for things you don't need, especially some fake mobile shield and low quality tint on the front windows. Not to mention a steep dealer fee tacked on. Any dealer discount you are getting is being mitigated by all those add ons, factory installed or not. The only thing if value is the roof rails,although still an overpriced factory option and the required red paint upcharge. Make sure the destination fee they are tacking on is not already included in the msrp price. See the window sticker for proof of that and all factory installed options. You can negotiate the dealer doc fee off the selling price lowering it if they "have to" show it being charged on the paperwork. Tell them you are not paying for mobile shield or tinting even if on the car. That cost them about $150 for both. Good luck and don't forget any factory rebates and dealer engagement cash incentives as well as loyalty if you own another Mazda.
That was great explanation @Tchman2016
Here is the windows sticker: https://portal.mazdausa.com/m176/Mu...r.action?vin=JM3KFBEY4M0355137&dealerId=23879

What does the monroney sticker say regarding those add-ons, not regarding the tint and mobile Shield, but the roof rails and bumper trim. Did they come from the factory or did the dealer add that afterwards. It was added afterwards you'll see a separate sticker.

Tint and mobile Shield was not bundled from the factory, pure add-ons at the dealership.
That is correct . They add to each vehicle of theirs but their website does not give a breakdown of how they split the cost ..It shows MSRP as 40,947 but I cant figure that out . It does not match the windows sticker. Those guys will call me again tomorrow.

What does the monroney sticker say regarding those add-ons, not regarding the tint and mobile Shield, but the roof rails and bumper trim. Did they come from the factory or did the dealer add that afterwards. It was added afterwards you'll see a separate sticker.
@hal2 This is the windows sticker: https://portal.mazdausa.com/m176/Mu...r.action?vin=JM3KFBEY4M0355137&dealerId=23879

and it does not match :

Sraghava, Thanks for posting the dealer. I feel it's my obligation to tell you that you should run, not walk AWAY from that dealer. Let's just say I have firsthand experience with them and they are EXACTLY the kind of lying, sleazy, underhanded scum dealer that give all dealers a bad name in the business. I don't want to discourage you, but I need to warn you. Do not do business with them.

Sraghava, Thanks for posting the dealer. I feel it's my obligation to tell you that you should run, not walk AWAY from that dealer. Let's just say I have firsthand experience with them and they are EXACTLY the kind of lying, sleazy, underhanded scum dealer that give all dealers a bad name in the business. I don't want to discourage you, but I need to warn you. Do not do business with them.
Thank You so much @Tchman2016 ... I am not from Atlanta, but nearby.

I was also trying to do business with :

But they are crooks too... They said they would offer it for sale price $34,660 and honor the Amex Tru car pricing ... but look at this crap !!
when they sent me the invoice....They are unresponsive and dont return calls either.This is pre-sales. Imagine their service ! Holy cow..What are these charges? This is as of today evening

1614659413002.png

Most on the above is legit, with these notes.

The doc fee is stupid, but probably in line with with other dealers in the area
Resistall> Some type of fabric or paint shield/wax - pure dealer greed, can be deleted
Non Tax fees - need ore info - license registration?

sraghava, that car's MSRP with MFG add-ons (legit as they came from the factory) seems to be the $40,150. Anything above that ($40,947 as the CLAIM on their website) is dealer added stuff and you can try saying 'no way', though they'll tell you they already installed it.

What's the best way to search through all of these threads to find comparative deals that have been had on the CX-5's 2021 Carbon Edition Turbo? That is the one my wife and I are looking at. Prices vary depending on state and location in state from what I've found.

What's the best way to search through all of these threads to find comparative deals that have been had on the CX-5's 2021 Carbon Edition Turbo? That is the one my wife and I are looking at. Prices vary depending on state and location in state from what I've found.

Click on the Search button
Type "2021 Carbon" in the search field
Click on the drop down menu to the right of the search field and Choose "this thread"
Click on "Search"

Comb through the posts and take note of those that mention Turbo engines and the drivetrain you want. I left "turbo" out of the search because some people call them turbo, while others refer to them as 2.5T or 2.5 T.

Click on the Search button
Type "2021 Carbon" in the search field
Click on the drop down menu to the right of the search field and Choose "this thread"
Click on "Search"

Comb through the posts and take note of those that mention Turbo engines and the drivetrain you want. I left "turbo" out of the search because some people call them turbo, while others refer to them as 2.5T or 2.5 T.
Thank you, I tried the Carbon Edition Turbo originally and didn't have much luck. Will try these.

@hal2 You have a 2020 sig too.. What did you end up paying and I always say OTD (without a trade-in) because the sales tax is customer money too , which we have to part with :) , unless you are in a sales tax free state.

2021 CX5 Carbon Edition AWD/TURBO - Maryland

MSRP - $33K
Emailed or texted 7 dealers for $30500 (+tags and taxes). A few dealers asked for proof of offers, and I provided a copy of those offers.

Received an unexpected +3500k on my trade in and that was the dealership that earned my business.

OTD - $27k
So OTD - 27K meaning you paid what for the car before fee's, trade, etc? Or are you saying 27K was what you paid for the car with fee's, trade, etc.

It might be easier for me to just ask what direction I should head with this Carbon Edition Turbo? Comparative to the Carbon Edition Turbo's in Kansas City (This is in Kentucky by my parents house), it's a really good deal. But I still think it can be had for below 30K, which is my target price before taxes. I've contacted the dealer, but only received one response so far and it wasn't price related.

MSRP: 33,160
"Sale Price": 31,735

Thanks.

I've been working on an offer for a 2020 GT + PP + AWD, with roof rails and cargo mat, and my best offer right now is $29,803 + TTL. This would be with 0% financing. But the salesperson mentioned he just added a new "$500 offer" from Mazda. However I checked the Mazda site today, and they added these two new offers for 2020 models.

How do these work, can you combine them, or is it one or the other? If I went with the $1,500 customer cash, what would the rate be?

Thanks so much on the help so far - At the moment I have a 2021 model down to $31,750, but I think I could get it down another 750-1000, so just trying to get the 2020 as low as possible. Seeing as how it's MARCH!

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 3.15.36 PM.png

It might be easier for me to just ask what direction I should head with this Carbon Edition Turbo? Comparative to the Carbon Edition Turbo's in Kansas City (This is in Kentucky by my parents house), it's a really good deal. But I still think it can be had for below 30K, which is my target price before taxes. I've contacted the dealer, but only received one response so far and it wasn't price related.

MSRP: 33,160
"Sale Price": 31,735

Thanks.

I used True Car as a tool to receive many offers and to negotiate my deal.

Back