What did you pay for your CX-5?

The retract mechanism fails very quickly. Unless you get really lucky, you'll only get a couple of months out of it before it fails and will no longer retract back into itself.

The Mazda one is indeed expensive, but you get what you pay for. Buy once, cry once.

All of the accessories listed for that VIN are Mazda accessories
The retract mechanism fails very quickly. Unless you get really lucky, you'll only get a couple of months out of it before it fails and will no longer retract back into itself.

The Mazda one is indeed expensive, but you get what you pay for. Buy once, cry once.
That is what I thought. If I get one it will be OEM. Thanks for the feedback!

This is the best offer I’ve been able to get on the 2020 GT with Premium Package + cargo cover and roof rails:

MSRP: $34,785.00
DISCOUNTS: $5,482.00
Your Price: $29,303.00

This is an all cash offer, would be $1,000 more if I went with 0% financing. I have the cash, but obviously a free loan would be nice.

I have an offer of $31,750 for the same car but 2021 model with 0.9% financing.

Will make a decision today or tomorrow. Any thoughts?

This is the best offer I’ve been able to get on the 2020 GT with Premium Package + cargo cover and roof rails:

This is an all cash offer, would be $1,000 more if I went with 0% financing. I have the cash, but obviously a free loan would be nice.

Take the free money at 0% if you decide to purchase.

Sorry, I meant versus paying cash.
Gotcha! Sorry for the confusion, the 2020 would be $29,303 cash or $30,303 at 0%. I’m thinking of pushing for the lower price at 0%, but this is the only one in the area.

I thought the discount would be larger with the 2020s to be honest.

Last edited:

That's close to 16 percent off. It's a solid price BUT what is the dealer discount and what are the rebates from Mazda that makes up that price? Also what color and is it fwd it awd? What is the doc fee? Did the dealer send you a quote breakdown sheet?

22% off, ($6,500) new CX-5 Touring, 4 2020's available, some with Preferred Package, from $22,025 to $24,050. I think they're all FWD.

Don't know if this a desirable trim or a good price, or if other dealers are doing the same, but I was thinking, "hmmm, someone can get in to a new CX-5 for under $23,000" Now, this dealer is not including their $599 doc fee in the listed price(typical amount for Phoenix)

See inventory and window stickers here

Last edited:
Car Gurus - I need your help!!!! This is for a Soul Red 2021 CX-5 Signature ..

Is this a reasonable price or a rip off? Will I get a better deal in December 2021? My friends cant answer or are cluless so I am turning to all of you to help me out with your input. Is 35,895 + Sales Tax and registration a fair price ? Only components with price are included

MSRP:37,405.00
Destination Fee:1,100.00
Individual Options
ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS
ILLUMINATED DOORSILL TRIM PLATES
SOUL RED CRYSTAL PAINT CHARGE595.00
REAR BUMPER GUARD125.00
ROOF RACK, SIDE RAILS400.00
FRONT&REAR BUMPER TRIM PKG650.00
WINDOWS TINT250.00
MOBILE SHIELD400.00
CARGO TRAY
Total MSRP:40,925.00
Sale Price35,195.00
Dealer Fee700.00
Final Price35,895.00

Is this a reasonable price or a rip off? Will I get a better deal in December 2021? My friends cant answer or are cluless so I am turning to all of you to help me out with your input. Is 35,895 + Sales Tax and registration a fair price ?

REAR BUMPER GUARD125.00
WINDOWS TINT250.00
MOBILE SHIELD400.00
Sale Price35,195.00
Dealer Fee700.00
Final Price35,895.00
Seems decent as long as you want to pay for all the options they are making you buy, and if red is worth the upcharge to you. Can you have any of the options removed if you don't want them?

Seems decent as long as you want to pay for all the options they are making you buy, and if red is worth the upcharge to you. Can you have any of the options removed if you don't want them?
I asked them and this one is bundled as is from the factory. I really dont need the bells and whistles but even if it was on them, is 10% off MSRP good for March...I dont know how much they will discount nationwide in December...15% ?

Seems pretty good,.. Some of the accessories have no price....what does that mean? They are included at no cost (mats, cargo tray, door sills), or they are not included at all?

I like the pre-midyear price and destination, should be $175 higher now, but they make it up in the Mobile Shield, Window Tint and bumper trim

Seems pretty good,.. Some of the accessories have no price....what does that mean? They are included at no cost (mats, cargo tray, door sills), or they are not included at all?

I like the pre-midyear price and destination, should be $175 higher now, but they make it up in the Mobile Shield, Window Tint and bumper trim
"Some of the accessories have no price....what does that mean? They are NOT included at all.. I was having a spreadsheet of which dealer throws in which accssory..so just cut n paste that

Is this a reasonable price or a rip off? Will I get a better deal in December 2021? My friends cant answer or are cluless so I am turning to all of you to help me out with your input. Is 35,895 + Sales Tax and registration a fair price ? Only components with price are included

MSRP:37,405.00
Destination Fee:1,100.00
Individual Options
ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS
ILLUMINATED DOORSILL TRIM PLATES
REAR BUMPER GUARD125.00
WINDOWS TINT250.00
MOBILE SHIELD400.00
CARGO TRAY
Sale Price35,195.00
Dealer Fee700.00
Final Price35,895.00

Not really a good price and you are absolutely getting hosed on all those add ons. You are way over paying for things you don't need, especially some fake mobile shield and low quality tint on the front windows. Not to mention a steep dealer fee tacked on. Any dealer discount you are getting is being mitigated by all those add ons, factory installed or not. The only thing if value is the roof rails,although still an overpriced factory option and the required red paint upcharge. Make sure the destination fee they are tacking on is not already included in the msrp price. See the window sticker for proof of that and all factory installed options. You can negotiate the dealer doc fee off the selling price lowering it if they "have to" show it being charged on the paperwork. Tell them you are not paying for mobile shield or tinting even if on the car. That cost them about $150 for both. Good luck and don't forget any factory rebates and dealer engagement cash incentives as well as loyalty if you own another Mazda.

Back