What did you pay for your CX-5?

I’m looking for the 2020 cx5 touring or grand touring and as quote OTD price $26k for touring and $29k for grand touring.
I was a little disappointed Mazda doesn’t include the remote start in all 2020 trims.

Is that a good price? Is it worth buying 2020 now or waiting on 2021 sale?

Thanks.
Whats is the MSRP/sticker price? Also, depends if you can get other goodies added in and the extras you dont need removed from the price. Would you be missing anything between the 2021 and 2020 model (besides the screen size). Mazda is doing lucrative financing on the 2020's right now, too.

Whats is the MSRP/sticker price? Also, depends if you can get other goodies added in and the extras you dont need removed from the price. Would you be missing anything between the 2021 and 2020 model (besides the screen size). Mazda is doing lucrative financing on the 2020's right now, too.
MSRP on the 2020 CX5 GT is $31,935

Thoughts between:

New 2020 Signature quote:
MSRP$38,720
$32,680.00 Car
$500 Processing
$2140.80 Tax
$299 Tag and Title
Total $35,619.80

Or

Used 2019 Signature, 11,465 miles for:
$28,999 Car
$1740 Tax
$109 Fees
$299 Tag and Title
Total $31,146.00

Last edited:
Thoughts between:

MSRP$38,720
$32,680.00 Car
$500 Processing
$2140.80 Tax
$299 Tag and Title
Total $35,619.80

Or

$28,999 Car
$1740 Tax
$299 Tag and Title
Total $31,038.00
Both are great deals.
I would probably pick the used 2019 for $31k OTD.

But I guess it depends on the color and condition of the vehicle.

Keep us posted on which one you decide.

Thoughts between:

MSRP$38,720
$32,680.00 Car
$500 Processing
$2140.80 Tax
$299 Tag and Title
Total $35,619.80

Or

$28,999 Car
$1740 Tax
$109 Fees
$299 Tag and Title
Total $31,146.00
Only a $3,600 difference between new and used would be a no brainer for me.

I just purchased a red 2021 Touring w/PP.
MSRP $30,150
Paid $24,756.55
That excludes TTL, as I'm taking care of those on my own. Will be approx. $1200.
If I can get that deal but with the +$1400 AWD option, I would go buy it today.
Congrats on a great deal and enjoy your Soul Red CX-5

Last week I bought a 2021 GTR in eternal blue mica.

Sticker (including the $1,100 delivery, processing, and handling fee) was $36,385.

They would only take $1,574 off, and I wasn't eligible for any of the other incentives. So $34,811 out the door, plus $495 documentation fee, $127 RMV fees, and $2,207 in tax (MA).

Probably could have done better if I waited, but that color is pretty rare around here (there were only two others within 250 miles), and I love the car.
New to the group, but just wondering about your total cost. Are you saying you paid a total of $37,640 after the additional fees? or including everything you paid total of $34, 811? Thanks in advance, just getting some benchmarks on total cost after everything. :)

My advice - always. Let them know you're serious and ready to buy now if the price is right
Exactly. Almost all of them at some point asked "what do I have to do to earn your business today?" I never responded to that, because i had already asked them either what their best otd price was, or if they could beat another dealer's particular offer. Answering my question with another question is a non-answer and just an attempt to gain the advantage in the negotiation. I simply waited and eventually they all threw out a number. That would have been much harder for me to pull off succesfully with phone calls.

Exactly. Almost all of them at some point asked "what do I have to do to earn your business today?" I never responded to that, because i had already asked them either what their best otd price was, or if they could beat another dealer's particular offer. Answering my question with another question is a non-answer and just an attempt to gain the advantage in the negotiation. I simply waited and eventually they all threw out a number. That would have been much harder for me to pull off succesfully with phone calls.
what do you guys think. i am in ny, this is from jersey dealer. so far the best offer i recieved.
2021 silver cx5 GTR no other packages added
price: 33185
doc: 469
tax: 2922
title/reg; 242.5

Total OTD 36,799.

Lots of dealer not replying email including the #1 mazda volume dealer in nj

what do you guys think. i am in ny, this is from jersey dealer. so far the best offer i recieved.
2021 silver cx5 GTR no other packages added
price: 33185
doc: 469
tax: 2922
title/reg; 242.5

Total OTD 36,799.

Lots of dealer not replying email including the #1 mazda volume dealer in nj
Well, I am by no means an expert at this, but here are a few thoughts:

1. I'm in Oklahoma, but I lived in Brooklyn for a short time. While I never tried to buy a car there, in general business like dealerships seem to be a little more patient here. Maybe it's just the slower pace of life.
2. Your configuration is less common than mine, and I benefited from the loyalty bonus.
3. I did make a couple of calls during my process, and now that you have a best offer from someone, I would suggest calling the other places that you haven't heard from and see if they can beat that number. Just let them know you're serious and ready to buy soon. They probably get a lot of email inquiries that don't pan out, but hearing your voice will probably get some of them to engage with you.

I'm new to posting on forums, so I apologize if I'm breaching etiquette. I can't figure out how to fast forward or rewind tracks. The connect manual says to "slide" the volume knob back or forth, but it doesn't have the ability to "slide" like the commander knob. Anyone know about this, or can you point me to the proper thread? Thanks!

Well, I am by no means an expert at this, but here are a few thoughts:

1. I'm in Oklahoma, but I lived in Brooklyn for a short time. While I never tried to buy a car there, in general business like dealerships seem to be a little more patient here. Maybe it's just the slower pace of life.
2. Your configuration is less common than mine, and I benefited from the loyalty bonus.
3. I did make a couple of calls during my process, and now that you have a best offer from someone, I would suggest calling the other places that you haven't heard from and see if they can beat that number. Just let them know you're serious and ready to buy soon. They probably get a lot of email inquiries that don't pan out, but hearing your voice will probably get some of them to engage with you.
Thanks. I will try calling today, maybe catch someone to give me 36K OTD even.

Hi All I'm getting quotes in NJ for a Turbo AWD Carbon for $32,750. I'm sure it doesn't include doc fees. Anyone have any pricing experiences with these yet?

Contacted 12 dealers within a 3 hour radius and asked for their best price. Only communicated by text or email. 8 of them were bidding against each other.
You said you live in Oklahoma in another post. Since your state only has 3 Mazda dealers, what area within 3 hours of you has 12 dealers?

Back