What did you pay for your CX-5?

After reaching out to a few dealers, the best price I seem to be getting for the 2020 Signature is invoice ($36,808) before rebates and TTL..

Last edited:
If you look at cargurus pricing, the invoice for a CX5 Signature is $35,708. If you add the destination fee of $1,100, that is where I am getting $36,808. 5 dealers that I have reached out to gave me a selling price of $36,808 before all their BS fees. No one seems willing to go any lower. I may have a better chance towards the end of the month..

Has anyone got a better price of $36,808 before TTL for a Signature within the past month that hasn't been shared?

I may have a better chance towards the end of the month..

Mazda has 0%/60 financing right now. That alone saves $3,000 over a typical 3%/60 auto loan. If you planned on paying cash, don't! Use Mazda's money for free and invest that $40K in at least in a 1.5%/60 CD and earn $1,500.

@misspepper I would think a VIN decoder should tell you.

but maybe a VIN decoder doesnt reveal trim level....

Mazda VIN Decoder http://carmotospecs.com/vin/mazda/

Hey Guys, in the market for my first Mazda. Longtime Volkswagen GTI owner but I've admired the CX-5 from afar and ready to take the plunge. Ready to start negotiating for an Eternal Blue or Deep Crystal Blue CX-5 Touring with AWD and Preferred Package. I'm in the Washington DC area...what is a good starting price to get the negotiating going? I was thinking an OTD price of 27,800 would be reasonable or am I way off base here? I'm hoping to get the 0% APR financing...will that effect price negotiations?

Hey Guys, in the market for my first Mazda. Longtime Volkswagen GTI owner but I've admired the CX-5 from afar and ready to take the plunge. Ready to start negotiating for an Eternal Blue or Deep Crystal Blue CX-5 Touring with AWD and Preferred Package. I'm in the Washington DC area...what is a good starting price to get the negotiating going? I was thinking an OTD price of 27,800 would be reasonable or am I way off base here? I'm hoping to get the 0% APR financing...will that effect price negotiations?
Give us an expected price before the TTL and/or the doc fee. Or the percentage off from factory final MSRP. Each state has different sales tax rate and other fees. It’s hard for us to give you an advice for an OTD price.

Hey Everyone,

Just like the other guy here, ive been a long time nissan owner and I want to move to the CX-5 Grand Touring. Im in CA and wondering what anyone else paid for their leases on a grand touring trim?

Give us an expected price before the TTL and/or the doc fee. Or the percentage off from factory final MSRP. Each state has different sales tax rate and other fees. It’s hard for us to give you an advice for an OTD price.
Thanks, I guess I shouldn't have said OTD...I'm not worried about Tax, Title and tags. Looking for a negotiating price for the car plus whatever dealer fees are added on (destination, processing, document etc.) I'm in Virginia.

I would start by going on to TrueCar and you'll get some responses from dealers. But, here's how they get you..... You get a text or email back that looks like this...

MRSP $30,000
Less Dealer discount - $1,500
Less Customer cash - $1,500
YOUR OFFER $27,000

Window tint $500
Paint sheild $700
Acme security tracing $500
Sneeze protected fabric shield $500
Dent protection package $200
DOC fee 400

Total Price $29,800

See how that $27,000 never existed and you're already back to MSRP?

So then you start calling dealers (especially the one that sent you that ridiculous quote) And say, "I'll give you that *your offer* price listed and I'll wait for another car to come in before you put all that dealer added stuff on the car" Often you'll see how quick they remove that BS add-ons or greatly reduce them. At minimum don't get the theft security thing.

The above is hypothetical.. The Image below is an actual quote I got. I called 4 dealers, one was actually able to sell the car at the 'Your offer" price plus hi DOC fee. Extreme example and someone at the dealership may have screwed up. This was also in April when dealers still had Signatures on their lots. YMMV

TRUCAR EXAMPLE.jpg

Last edited:
I would start by going on to TrueCar and you'll get some responses from dealers. But, here's how they get you..... You get a text or email back that looks like this...

MRSP $30,000
Less Dealer discount - $1,500
Less Customer cash - $1,500
YOUR OFFER $27,000

Window tint $500
Paint sheild $700
Acme security tracing $500
Sneeze protected fabric shield $500
Dent protection package $200
DOC fee 400

Total Price $29,800

See how that $27,000 never existed and you're already back to MSRP?

So then you start calling dealers (especially the one that sent you that ridiculous quote) And say, "I'll give you that *your offer* price listed and I'll wait for another car to come in before you put all that dealer added stuff on the car" Often you'll see how quick they remove that BS add-ons or greatly reduce them. At minimum don't get the theft security thing.

The above is hypothetical.. The Image below is an actual quote I got. I called 4 dealers, one was actually able to sell the car at the 'Your offer" price plus hi DOC fee. Extreme example and someone at the dealership may have screwed up. This was also in April when dealers still had Signatures on their lots. YMMV

View attachment 226257
Thanks, yeah I know not to get any of the add ons. Usually don't they try to sell those after you have agreed on a price in financing? This is the offer I got on a Touring AWD with PP. They want me to come in and test drive...I'm pretty happy with that price if they honor it. How much wiggle room do you think they have to go lower?

IMG_5752.PNG

Thanks, yeah I know not to get any of the add ons. Usually don't they try to sell those after you have agreed on a price in financing? This is the offer I got on a Touring AWD with PP. They want me to come in and test drive...I'm pretty happy with that price if they honor it. How much wiggle room do you think they have to go lower?

View attachment 226259
Here’s a recent example on 2020 CX-5 Touring AWD with PP:
This thread was great while I was researching prices, thanks everyone who contributed. I’ll add mine:

St. Louis Area
2020 CX-5 Touring AWD with PP in Black
MSRP $30,705
True car listed as $28,439 (7.3%)
Asked for $26,100. After a few days of polite back and forth over email/text, we agreed on $26,500 (13.7%) in cash + TTL, delivered to my home

My final price, including all dealer fees but before TTL, was $26,500 (26,300 + 200 dealer doc fee). That was including a $1500 Mazda discount (rebate?) for paying in cash. So your final price of $28740 is over 2k higher than mine.

Perhaps the St Louis market is much slower than DC though. I also bought near the end of the month, and my car had apparently been sitting on their lot for over 4 months.

Thanks, yeah I know not to get any of the add ons. Usually don't they try to sell those after you have agreed on a price in financing?

No. I'm referring to that side sticker on many cars where they "already" put stuff on the car like paint shield and window tint, then they try to tell you that it's already on the car

I have an offer for an awd cx--5 gt, no package:
msrp: $33,000
discount: 2,000
doc fee: $475
tax: $2600
dmv: $400
otd: $34,200
zero per cent financing for five years.

I see that as a 6% discount off msrp, 1% risk free interest on $30k for five years is $1500, after taxes, let's call it $1k. so about a 9% discount.

thoughts? I'm thinking I can push for more, that was 1rst offer...

Mazda seems to have dialed back incentives this month. https://www.mazdausa.com/shopping-tools/special-offers-and-incentives.

No more customer cash rebates (was 1,500) for purchases, at least for my ZIP code, and loyalty rebate is 750 vs 1,500 a few months before. These stackable discounts can make a difference.

Things to keep in mind when comparing prices.

If you are not in a rush, September purchase incentives may be better.

For me, a lease at 0 MF was a better fit than a 5 year loan, however I know I will stay within 45,000 miles in 3 years.

Here’s a recent example on 2020 CX-5 Touring AWD with PP:
My final price, including all dealer fees but before TTL, was $26,500 (26,300 + 200 dealer doc fee). That was including a $1500 Mazda discount (rebate?) for paying in cash. So your final price of $28740 is over 2k higher than mine.

Perhaps the St Louis market is much slower than DC though. I also bought near the end of the month, and my car had apparently been sitting on their lot for over 4 months.
so it's $1,500 off if you don't take the 0% financing?. I don't see that as an option under my zip code.

what does this mean:
"0% APR available on approved credit only for very well-qualified customers when financing a new 2020 CX-5 through participating dealers and Mazda Financial Services. Amount of down payment and other factors may affect qualification.
Dealer contribution may vary and could affect price. 60 months at $16.67 per month per $1,000 financed with $0 down at participating dealer.  Loan origination fees may apply. "

Loan origination fees? Is it 0% or not?

- choice of $1500 or 0% is gone, now it's just 0%
- who knows what they mean in the financing fine print? it's gonna depend on the dealer, you have to ask.

Back