What did you pay for your CX-5?

Bought my GT with PP, Sonic Silver, FWD, no trade.$29,715, TTL $184, total 29,906. With tax of $1789, out the door $31, 695. Originally I thought I did pretty good, not too sure about that now. On the upside, boy I do like this vehicle!

First time car owner here. Got a new 2020 CX-5 Touring w/ Touring Preferred Package, AWD, Machine Gray exterior and black leatherette interior. $26,964 vehicle price + $500 dealer fee (Maryland), + Virginia Tax/title/tags put me on the road at $28,970. Seems like a pretty similar price to what someone got a few weeks ago, roughly 13% below MSRP for the package and options if I did my math right.

First time car owner here. Got a new 2020 CX-5 Touring w/ Touring Preferred Package, AWD, Machine Gray exterior and black leatherette interior. $26,964 vehicle price + $500 dealer fee (Maryland), + Virginia Tax/title/tags put me on the road at $28,970. Seems like a pretty similar price to what someone got a few weeks ago, roughly 13% below MSRP for the package and options if I did my math right.

TTL never counts as it's on everything and not part of dealer sales price. I count everything before TTL including doc fee. So, if the Mazda Build calculator is correct the MSRP is $31,005. So your price was $27,464 including the $500 ALG - Added Local Gouge (don't feel bad, we that we all pay that after we've negotiated our price before hand). So Actually you have to add that $500 to your vehicle price. So $27,464 is 11.5% off MSRP. Anything over 10% is good, especially if it's a trim/color/option that you wanted and only a few dealers had it.

Got 2020 CX-5 Signature (polymetal grey) lease for C$500/month (20,000 km/year) for 36 months (this translates to a dealer discount of C$ 3,500 plus C$ 1,350 of Mazda incentive for current month).

Bought my GT with PP, Sonic Silver, FWD, no trade.$29,715, TTL $184, total 29,906. With tax of $1789, out the door $31, 695. Originally I thought I did pretty good, not too sure about that now. On the upside, boy I do like this vehicle!

If the Mazda Build site is right, the MSRP is $33,035, so $29,714 is about 10% off that, about what people are getting

Bought a Soul Red + touring AWD + preferred package
MSRP: $31,415
Bought it down to $27,000 OTD (Including all the things)
Note: I did get a $1,000 healthcare rebate.
They will come down—- just stick to a price and don’t budge.
EE1FD87F-516B-403D-8263-EC6F171C8EEA.jpeg

Bought a Soul Red + touring AWD + preferred package
MSRP: $31,415
Bought it down to $27,000 OTD (Including all the things)
Note: I did get a $1,000 healthcare rebate.
They will come down—- just stick to a price and don’t budge.View attachment 225859

So your total price before TTL was 26034? If so, that's like 17% off MSRP, nice!

It's best to compare price before TTL because things like taxes differ between states and "processing fees" can differ between dealerships. Was the rebate applied after TTL was calculated?

They quoted 28k with TTL and dealership fee. Then knocked off 1,000. So it was 25k + 799 dealership fee plus 1200 TTL= 27K.
He did tell me that they are selling for a loss (which is a comforting lie IMHO)

They quoted 28k with TTL and dealership fee. Then knocked off 1,000. So it was 25k + 799 dealership fee plus 1200 TTL= 27K.
He did tell me that they are selling for a loss (which is a comforting lie IMHO)

Lol, you should have told dealer thats a great way to remain in business.....selling at a loss!

The picture shows that you paid 26k plus TTL, then they took $1000 off that price to get your OTD price of 27k. If they had actually taken $1k off the 26k to get 25k, then calculated TTL, you would have saved a few more dollars. Not much, mind you, maybe $40-50. Probably nothing to make a fuss about, really.

I wasn't sure if the rebate was applied correctly, but a quick google search tells me that most states charge sales tax on the full vehicle price before the rebate is applied. I'm in Canada and I didn't get any rebates when I bought my Mazda, which is why I was curious.

Enjoy the car!!

Not necessarily a lie. I had an unusual situation. I got my car at a price that 3 other nearby dealers couldn't match which told me that my dealer may be losing money. It was a new dealership and Mazda gives them a little leeway, and they needed more sales to get more cars on future shipments.

Also, the way quotas/incentives work, they may make an extra $500 (hypothetical number) on EVERY car they sell in a given month if they meet a specific quota (say 100 for example). - So those last couple cars can put them over, which means they can sell a couple cars at a true loss because it means they'll make an extra $50,000, - that is $500 on EACH of 100 cars (again a hypthetical number) they sold that month, as opposed to nothing extra.

As I was getting ready to sell my '14 CX-5 GT I was going through my maintenance records and found the original bill of sale. After factoring in 7 years of inflation, I only spent $75 more for my '20 Signature. The value we're getting in these new CX-5's is nothing short of amazing.

As I was getting ready to sell my '14 CX-5 GT I was going through my maintenance records and found the original bill of sale. After factoring in 7 years of inflation, I only spent $75 more for my '20 Signature. The value we're getting in these new CX-5's is nothing short of amazing.

I'm going to push back. That's not amazing, that's expected. Why would you expect that it should have been more (or less) that the cost of inflation. $1 in 2014 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $1.09 in 2020. Also, cars have not gone up at the inflation total of 1.09

Buy, I'm not sure where you got your number.

Base models MSRP then and now

CRV - 1.05 more in 2020 than 2014
RAV4 1.05 more in 2020 than 2014

MSRP today on a Signature is about $38,000, at 1.09 that would equate to $34,862 in 2014. I really hope you didn't pay 34,862 for your GT in 2014. I realize that you stated 'what you spent', but the number don't bear out what you're saying, and the price increases of other cars don't seem to make our babys anything spectacular. And I'll go further, a 2014 CR-V probably has a higher resale value than a CX-5. Not debating which is a better car, just which is a better value

Last edited:
I'm going to push back. That's not amazing, that's expected.

If it's expected, then why is Mazda the only car in its class with this level of content/fit/finish/driving dynamics.

$1 in 2014 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $1.09 in 2020. Also, cars have not gone up at the inflation total of 1.09

The year was 2013, 2020 minus 7 equals 2013.

I was comparing my sale price in 2013 vs 2020, and based on an inflation calculator, the difference was $75. Simple as that. Those were my 17th and 21st cars purchased. I know what I'm doing.

Base models MSRP then and now

CRV - 1.05 more in 2020 than 2014
RAV4 1.05 more in 2020 than 2014

Why are you talking base models? I was comparing top of the line '14 and '20.

MSRP today on a Signature is about $38,000, at 1.09 that would equate to $34,862 in 2014. I really hope you didn't pay 34,862 for your GT in 2014.

Who here paid MSRP for their '20 Signature, and why would I have paid $3k over MSRP for my '14?

I realize that you stated 'what you spent', but the number don't bear out what you're saying

Your numbers don't bare out. Why would I make it up? You went to a lot of trouble cherry picking imaginary numbers just to go after a 3 sentence post.

And I'll go further, a 2014 CR-V probably has a higher resale value than a CX-5. Not debating which is a better car, just which is a better value

I specifically referenced the value of the new CX-5, not resale value of a '14.

I'll say it again, the value we're getting in these new CX-5's is nothing short of amazing.

Disagree if you like, but don't cherry pick numbers I didn't state, or infer things I didn't type.

My point was simple, cost of living is 9% higher than it was 6 years ago, across-the-board however all car prices are only about 5% more. The Mazda is no different than any other model.

new member here, looking at 2020 Signature with a Trailer Hitch, Roof Side Rails, Cargo Cover, Bumper guard, all weather mats, and soft cargo liner. MSRP comes out to $39705. Dealer's best offer is $37200, only $2505/6.3% off MRSP. Not seeing much better from other dealers in Washington. Is that how things are these days? All are saying Signature inventory is thin and the blue color I want has no more incoming for 2020.

Are 2021 models supposed to show up soon?

Back