What did you pay for your CX-5?

@hal2 You have a 2020 sig too.. What did you end up paying and I always say OTD (without a trade-in) because the sales tax is customer money too , which we have to part with :) , unless you are in a sales tax free state.
I'll tell you, but I don't think it's a fair comparison. Back in April I got my 2020, there was $1,500 loyalty and $500 Healthcare. I beat him up pretty bad,. After the dealers doc, I paid $33,098, before tax title and license. Don't remember what out the door was, but it's almost irrelevant because I don't consider tax title and license as money going to the dealer, even though it's money out of my pocket.

@Tommy Egan how do you do that? Do dealers reduce further from TruCar sale price? Many are so stubborn that they try not to honor it, forget lowering the price further.
I sent reply emails with the lowest offer and ASKED if they can beat that price. Several dealers replied. Two was willingly to beat that price and one offered to match. All asked for proof and I shared the info.

It came down to two dealers and the rest of the negotiating was by text, including my trade in deal.

*They were 7 dealers in my search area (50-75miles) and I finalized the purchased the next day. Spent 60 minutes inspecting and signing paperwork at the dealer.

I sent reply emails with the lowest offer and ASKED if they can beat that price. Several dealers replied. Two was willingly to beat that price and one offered to match. All asked for proof and I shared the info.

It came down to two dealers and the rest of the negotiating was by text, including my trade in deal.

*They were 7 dealers in my search area (50-75miles) and I finalized the purchased the next day. Spent 60 minutes inspecting and signing paperwork at the dealer.
Did you also get the 0.9% Mazda financing?

Was just quoted for Carbon Edition Turbo
MSRP: 33,160
Discount: 750
Sale Price: 32,410
Trade (2016 Honda Civic EX-t 69K miles): 10,000
Doc Fee: 299
State&lcl tax: 2104.30
License and Fees: 4.00
Subtotal: 24,317.30.

Was hoping I could get them closer to 30k. They didn't seem like budging, pulled out a 'invoice' sheet and said he got it for 32, so this was the best he could do. Seemed pretty straightforward, although I know that's their job. Also was hoping to get closer to 11.5 for my trade. Mechanically it's in great condition and paid off, just has a few cosmetic fixes needed.

Was just quoted for Carbon Edition Turbo
MSRP: 33,160
Discount: 750
Sale Price: 32,410
Trade (2016 Honda Civic EX-t 69K miles): 10,000
Doc Fee: 299
State&lcl tax: 2104.30
License and Fees: 4.00
Subtotal: 24,317.30.

Was hoping I could get them closer to 30k. They didn't seem like budging, pulled out a 'invoice' sheet and said he got it for 32, so this was the best he could do. Seemed pretty straightforward, although I know that's their job. Also was hoping to get closer to 11.5 for my trade. Mechanically it's in great condition and paid off, just has a few cosmetic fixes needed.
Get competing quotes. This isn't a great price. Idk about the trade, check KBB to ballpark it. They will offer low end, try and get them towards the middle of the range. Obviously you'll get more selling it yourself if you can deal with the hassle.

Get competing quotes. This isn't a great price. Idk about the trade, check KBB to ballpark it. They will offer low end, try and get them towards the middle of the range. Obviously you'll get more selling it yourself if you can deal with the hassle.
My parents are considering buying the civic for my younger brother, but not really above what the dealers are offering. Which sucks, because I’ll lose money with the tax being significantly more on the sale price of the vehicle with no trade. Will see if i can get more off the sale price elsewhere.

I hate calling out dealerships but Hennessey Mazda and Roswell Mazda in Atlanta suburbs are not very professional . They will not honor Amex Tru Car deals and inflate prices?

Anybody has experience with Rick Case Mazda in Atlanta ?

Last edited:
I had a lot of dealers contacting me with the TrueCar price, but then added $1,200 in garbage like paint shield, fabric Shield, security etching and other crap like that.

Hello, can you advise how much I can bring down price please? Here are the conditions under which I am looking for best price:
- Intend to take advantage of the 0% APR and $500 Cash incentive
- I do not qualify for owner loyalty incentive or any other incentives for that matter.

Just want to compare apples to apples so I will leave, tax, title and registration out of the picture as these vary greatly by state. Currently, I have the following offered:

2021 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD with non-premium colour (free) and Preferred Package:

MSRP: $28,410 (the website shows it as $28,510)
Preferred Package: $1,445
Destination: $1,100 (the website shows it as $1,175)
Total: $30,955 (the website shows it as $31,130)
Dealer discount: ($1,017)..........how much is a good dealer discount? 10-15% off MSRP?
0% APR+Cash: ($500)
Net Price: $29,438

Thx in advance.

in the current time of the year and climate, probably try 7-9% off the Total without the rebate cash. Rebate is on top after discount. 15% for Mazda is unheard in most cases unless some unicorn deal :) Of course try to get more, compare few dealers as well not just one.
Its a bit challenging at present because of all the confetti free cash flying around that some people are ready to throw to dealers.

Last edited:
If you somehow happen to stumble across a used Mazda fleet vehicle, it’s def worth it. Two months ago I was fortunate enough to find my black 2019 Cx-5 Signature - Turbo, AWD, highest trim level with installed trailer hitch, only 3,500 miles, for an out the door price (dealership fees included) of $31,900!!! It does have some exterior and interior scratches, but given how unicorn of a deal that was, you bet your ass I pulled that trigger 😎

in the current time of the year and climate, probably try 7-9% off the Total without the rebate cash. Rebate is on top after discount. 15% for Mazda is unheard in most cases unless some unicorn deal :) Of course try to get more, compare few dealers as well not just one.
Its a bit challenging at present because of all the confetti free cash flying around that some people are ready to throw to dealers.
cz5gt - are you suggesting that I should seek a dealer discount of $2,100-2,800 (7-9% of the $30,955 price) before the $500 Cash incentive? This is what I understand:

Total MSRP: $30,955 (the website shows it as $31,130)
Dealer discount per cz5gt: ($2,100-2,800) or 7-9% off Total MSRP
Net Price: $28,355-27,655

Again, I am looking for 2021 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD with non-premium colour (free) and Preferred Package, 0% APR and $500 Cash and not qualified for any other incentives (loyalty, military, student, etc.)

I would appreciate if you point me to recent postings (from this year) of fellow members who have been able to secure a 7-9% dealer discount excluding Mazda factory incentives (APR Cash, loyalty, military, student, etc.).

Big thx

cz5gt - are you suggesting that I should seek a dealer discount of $2,100-2,800 (7-9% of the $30,955 price) before the $500 Cash incentive? This is what I understand:

Total MSRP: $30,955 (the website shows it as $31,130)
Dealer discount per cz5gt: ($2,100-2,800) or 7-9% off Total MSRP
Net Price: $28,355-27,655

Again, I am looking for 2021 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD with non-premium colour (free) and Preferred Package, 0% APR and $500 Cash and not qualified for any other incentives (loyalty, military, student, etc.)

I would appreciate if you point me to recent postings (from this year) of fellow members who have been able to secure a 7-9% dealer discount excluding Mazda factory incentives (APR Cash, loyalty, military, student, etc.).

Big thx
Hi chiman. You should be able to use the thread search tools to find out if there's a specific model cost posted somewhere. I can confirm that people are getting 7 to 10% off msrp on occasion, even excluding those incentives you listed. See my recent purchase.

Also, make sure you get competing offers from other dealerships. Opinions from random people on this forum aren't worth much compared to quotes in writing. Good luck!

Hi chiman. You should be able to use the thread search tools to find out if there's a specific model cost posted somewhere. I can confirm that people are getting 7 to 10% off msrp on occasion, even excluding those incentives you listed. See my recent purchase.

Also, make sure you get competing offers from other dealerships. Opinions from random people on this forum aren't worth much compared to quotes in writing. Good luck!
Hi DannoSpeaks, thanks for the guidance. I saw your recent purchase numbers. Can you break down the $3K savings that reduced your price from $38,505 to $35,505 please? Was the $3K made up of $500 Cash because you financed (currently Mazda has 0% APR for 60 mo + $500 Cash) and $2,500 dealer discount? If the $2,500 is pure dealer discount, do you think they were able to discount the vehicle so much because the trade-in may have played a role?

Hi DannoSpeaks, thanks for the guidance. I saw your recent purchase numbers. Can you break down the $3K savings that reduced your price from $38,505 to $35,505 please? Was the $3K made up of $500 Cash because you financed (currently Mazda has 0% APR for 60 mo + $500 Cash) and $2,500 dealer discount? If the $2,500 is pure dealer discount, do you think they were able to discount the vehicle so much because the trade-in may have played a role?
The $3000 was a dealer discount. I don't recall the specifics, but I know I didn't qualify for many of the specialty savings, like military and loyalty, etc.

I did not get $500 for financing at 0%, that wasn't available. The option was to either take 0.9% financing or $1000 off the cost. It made more sense for me to take the 0.9% financing.

As for the trade, I don't think it was much of a factor but it likely didn't have zero role. I can't speculate. It was a 2012 Kia Sportage with over 100k miles. It wasn't something that I'm sure they needed on their lot.

Back