What did you pay for your CX-5?

Agree with you approach except for:
Once you have the lowest number from those responses, send that number to ALL THE OTHER dealers and see if he's willing to beat it.
I thought about that route, too, but I went with my method for two reasons:
1) It's less work. In Nina's scenario she'd only have to contact one dealer after she got her low number instead of 9.
2) I think most dealers are going to tap out after 2 or 3 rounds, so waiting until you have the lowest new number possible before hitting up an individual dealer again would seem to be advantageous.
 
Looking to lease a leftover 2020 CX-5 Signature. Contacted all my local dealers and none are playing ball except one. I got them down to 35250 on a MSRP of 38505 for a lease. They want 2600 down and the 3100 something drive off for 350 a month on a 30/10k.

They wont budge on the sale price. One sales guy told me they cant lease 20's after January, but that same dealer wont budge on numbers. Will Mazda put any incentives on the 20s come february?
 
Looking to lease a leftover 2020 CX-5 Signature. Contacted all my local dealers and none are playing ball except one. I got them down to 35250 on a MSRP of 38505 for a lease. They want 2600 down and the 3100 something drive off for 350 a month on a 30/10k.

They wont budge on the sale price. One sales guy told me they cant lease 20's after January, but that same dealer wont budge on numbers. Will Mazda put any incentives on the 20s come february?
I don’t know where you are located but I see quite a few 2020 Signatures for between 32k and 34k on Autotrader. Try expanding your radius a little. I would drive an hour or two for a couplemof grand off. Even better, call out of state dealers. Can’t hurt. Good luck.
 
I don’t know where you are located but I see quite a few 2020 Signatures for between 32k and 34k on Autotrader. Try expanding your radius a little. I would drive an hour or two for a couplemof grand off. Even better, call out of state dealers. Can’t hurt. Good luck.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm in Los Angeles.
 

Antoine

Administrator
Side note: @Sig cx-5 and @CX5_Driver thanks for trying to help sherryrao50. Unfortunately, turns out it's a stealth spam account.

A reminder for everyone, please use the "Report" post function if you spot a post that is either clearly spam (or an issue of some sort) or seems suspicious, thanks!

Now back to the topic...:)
 
2021 CX-5 Carbon Turbo AWD
MSRP - $33,160
OTD - $30,324 (includes fees and incentives, not taxes)
Is this a good price?
 
Last edited:
Correction, OTD $30,356, not $30,324
$33,160 MSRP
$2,285 Discount
$30,875 Selling price
$1,250 Rebate
$3,535 total saving
$29,625 adj price
$699 Doc fee
$32.20 fee
$30,356 OTD B4 taxes
 
:
2019 CX-5 Signature
Correction, OTD $30,356, not $30,324
$33,160MSRP
$2,285Discount
$30,875Selling price
$1,250Rebate
$3,535total saving
$29,625adj price
$699Doc fee
$32.20fee
$30,356OTD B4 taxes
Unless the Carbon edition isn't selling well, I don't think that's a bad price. How many dealers have you been talking to?

It all comes down to how much you value your time. If you could save $500 negotiating over a couple weeks, would it be worth it?
 

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Moderator
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
What do you suggest I can get or ask for on this?
Thank you!

Hi @zoom301, I suggest taking the itemized quote you got and shopping it around with all local dealers (and even those within driving distance). Let them compete for your business. When you feel that none of the dealers are willing to discount any further, you can decide whether their rock bottom price is reasonable enough for you or not. It can be hard to use someone else's quotes, especially now, because some dealers have stock while others don't. That can affect pricing, i.e. the deals that people are getting in North Carolina may not be reflective of the deals available in Colorado.
 
Unless the Carbon edition isn't selling well, I don't think that's a bad price. How many dealers have you been talking to?

It all comes down to how much you value your time. If you could save $500 negotiating over a couple weeks, would it be worth it?
There are not many of these (carbon turbo AWD) around, many dealers waiting for them to arrive within the next month or so. Been talking with 5 different dealers.
I think its an ok price, just wondering what is a reasonable discount on this model.
Thanks for your input!
 
What's your experience with purchasing a '21 Carbon edition CX-5? Or, are you just throwing a number out there?
I've purchased 2 vehicles, a 2020 red CX-5 GT with PP as well as a a 2020 gray CX-9 GT from 2 different dealers. I have extensive negotiating skills and played 15 dealers against one another. You have to also be willing to travel for the best deal, be it out of state or a couple hours away in your own state.

Nobody has money in January, car sales are slow. It's the end of the month to boot. Whether a carbon edition or not, other factors are at play.
 
:
2019 CX-5 Signature
I've purchased 2 vehicles, a 2020 red CX-5 GT with PP as well as a a 2020 gray CX-9 GT from 2 different dealers. I have extensive negotiating skills and played 15 dealers against one another. You have to also be willing to travel for the best deal, be it out of state or a couple hours away in your own state.

Nobody has money in January, car sales are slow. It's the end of the month to boot. Whether a carbon edition or not, other factors are at play.

Yeah, like I said, how do you value your time. To me, emailing 15 dealers and haggling with them over a few week period would not be worth $500.
 
There are not many of these (carbon turbo AWD) around, many dealers waiting for them to arrive within the next month or so. Been talking with 5 different dealers.
I think its an ok price, just wondering what is a reasonable discount on this model.
Thanks for your input!
What's reasonable is what the market will bear. If you've contacted the other 4 dealers and they are not willing to beat that price, then that might be as good as you can do at this time. Later in the year they will start discounting them more, if you're willing to wait then do that.
 
Top