What did you pay for your CX-5?

Actually, I meant 2019 vs. 2020. There are some new 2019s still.

I was quoted $32,854 before taxes and fees for a 2020 Signature, but am wondering how much discount should be expected to get a 2019 Signature.
A lot less because value wise the car will be 2 years old and dealers don't always see it that way. You may as well depending on what they say get the 20.

I would be suspicious of any "new" 2019 Signatures on dealer lots. There's a reason they have them. Could have been hail damaged, or some other less than desirable event they've been resurrected from.

I would have to get one the SG's for under 30. These 2 year old cars are not much less than what I paid for my 21 SG. If they don't budge I think the newer stuff on the 21's are worth it! Especially, the new gen radio. Can't just swap out headunits anymore!

Edit:. Well, under 30 might be a long shot! I sure would try though!

Last edited:
I would have to get one the SG's for under 30. These 2 year old cars are not much less than what I paid for my 21 SG. If they don't budge I think the newer stuff on the 21's are worth it! Especially, the new gen radio. Can't just swap out headunits anymore!

Edit:. Well, under 30 might be a long shot! I sure would try though!

Thanks. I've offered 28k including fees, not including taxes/title/tags.

Is $23,900 a good price for a 2021 CX-5 Sport?
  • Before sales tax, title fee, registration fee, and doc fee
  • No upgrades (FWD, Eternal Blue Mica)
  • Purchasing in Florida

Last edited:
Any recommendations for decent mazda deals or dealerships in the south jersey or philadelphia area?

Best offer I have so far is 28669 for
2021 cx-5 awd touring with preferred package in color red.
I qualify for military discount.

A couple questions as I'm trying to buy my first new car.

I got a quote for $31,500 OTD for a new 2020 GT + Premium Package.
Approximately $30,300 dealer price, $2,575 taxes, $633 fees, less $2,000 rebate.
I think this is a good deal but looking for the experts' input.

Also, I'm trying to get as much of this deal done via email before going in to finalize in the dealership. After agreeing on price, what are the next steps? I have a trade in that I haven't negotiated yet. Appreciate any advice!

A couple questions as I'm trying to buy my first new car.

I got a quote for $31,500 OTD for a new 2020 GT + Premium Package.
Approximately $30,300 dealer price, $2,575 taxes, $633 fees, less $2,000 rebate.
I think this is a good deal but looking for the experts' input.

Also, I'm trying to get as much of this deal done via email before going in to finalize in the dealership. After agreeing on price, what are the next steps? I have a trade in that I haven't negotiated yet. Appreciate any advice!

What is the stated MSRP on that car? What is included in "fees"?

Negotiating via email is a great first step, but you may be able to negotiate even further in person. Depends on how good you are at walking the line without crossing it lol.

If it were me, I'd finalize price, then bring up the trade and try to negotiate a fair price for the trade using local listings of the car being traded in as examples and references. Expect to spend some time negotiating the trade-in value, and be prepared to take a bit of a hit on what you can get compared to what you might be able to sell it for privately. Good luck!

Is this a good deal? 2021 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/ preferred package at a MSRP of $31,075.

OTD $32.6K w/ TTL. 0.9% APR special. Located in NYC.

Last edited:
2020 CX-5 Touring FWD w/Preferred Pkg, Machine Gray Metallic, dealer add ons, dark tint (very nice, darkest legal allowed), locking lugnuts, paint and upholstery usual treatments, upgraded floor mats.

Sticker price was $29605
Grand total OTD including 6.25% sales tax, registration/state inspection/license plate & title fees, dealer doc fees, everything.
I wrote a check for $27017 and drove it home.

2021 Signature White, no accessories
-MSRP 38,505
-Sell Price 35,395 less 750 loyalty = 34,645
-0.9% financing used
-price is exclusive of dealer processing, taxes, tags, license, etc.
-timed to complete purchase just before month end
Lowest price of 7 dealers using a lowest price wins email solicitation and several follow-up calls to equalize the bids. Lots of game playing going on which usually resulted in higher pricing than the email offers.

The selling dealer, who was surprisingly straightforward and gave the lowest legitimate price. Two other dealers seemed to play straight also, but did not discount much the loyalty discount, so lost our business. It may have been a coincidence, but the selling dealer sales associate, sales manager and finance manager were all women, and a pleasure to deal with.
You got a great deal on a beautiful car, mind sharing contact information for the dealership or salesperson?

I would like to see if they can replicate your deal for me.

Thank you and happy holidays!

You got a great deal on a beautiful car, mind sharing contact information for the dealership or salesperson?

I would like to see if they can replicate your deal for me.

Thank you and happy holidays!
Started a private conversation with you

Last edited:
2021 White CX-5 GT with premium package for $35,786 OTD or $32,600 before TTL.

Picking up on Sunday. I think I got a pretty good for the NYC area where dealers aren't budging much.

2021 Red GT Premium with roof rack and cargo cover
MSRP-$35,830
Sell-$32,939 without TTL
Total OTD $33,494
No factory incentives other than $1,000 cash offer
Purchased near Portland, OR
Over 10 days, I bid six dealers against each other via email. Dealers weren't budging much.
Final offer was only $350 less than original offer.
Made offer Christmas Eve morning and went in 1 hour before closing to minimize delay tactics.
Definitely read the google reviews on dealerships you're considering. Some are pretty shady.
The car is for my mom but I did all the negotiating and research for her.
I appreciate all the info shared on this forum.
Never been through the process of purchasing a new vehicle before so definitely educational.

2021 White GT Reserve. $34K, OTD (included TTL + Doc Fees, etc).
MSRP: $37,180
North Carolina dealer
I had roof racks and all-weather mats thrown in. The dealer provides state legal limit tinting, locking lugs, and interior protection package. The dealer knew I wanted a lucrative rate for 72-month financing and made sure to find me one which beat Mazda's 2.9% offer. The real kicker is the dealer is transporting the vehicle 2.5 hours away, on a Sunday (the dealer is usually closed), so I can take possession without having to get a rental/wait until Monday...I only have one day because I have to be on the road that Sunday. I did most of this online and over the phone in the middle of a military PCS/move from overseas to stateside. I never had a dealer be so patient and helpful. I think/hope I did well on this purchase??

I spoke with several other dealers during the process for new CX-5s, and several wouldn't even budge with floor mats, etc. I generally saw over my buying experience, that for used vehicles, dealers weren't budging much at all. I was going to go economical and get a used 2019 Ford Escape Titanium with under 3K miles, but they were sketchy - it was listed around $26.6K, high/exceed KBB on Autotrader. I sent the inquiry email and asked for a good OTD price. When I received the price breakdown sheet/offer, the price before TTL/Fees was about $1K more than listed. I called them out and showed the ad - which is funny because the inquiry email from Autotrader shows and states the price in the email. They quickly apologized and stated "error in their system on its price" and gave a revised offer sheet. I asked to negotiate, and they stated that was the best price they could do (for a used vehicle higher than KBB?????). The salesperson told me if you come into the dealership most times it could be negotiated down more. I told them my situation and I wasn't in town and did not have time to waste, especially if we couldn't reach a deal...they still declined to haggle - but only in person??. I offered $25K OTD...they didn't even counter. Guess they are doing well in these times!

I’m looking for the 2020 cx5 touring or grand touring and as quote OTD price $26k for touring and $29k for grand touring.
I was a little disappointed Mazda doesn’t include the remote start in all 2020 trims.

Is that a good price? Is it worth buying 2020 now or waiting on 2021 sale?

Thanks.

Back