What did you pay for your CX-5?

Got my 2020 GTR in Deep Crystal Blue Mica (plus accessaries)

MSRP $36,850
Discount: -$3,275
2020 CX-5 Customer Cash Rebate: -$1,500
Loyalty: -$1,500
Gov Fee: $600
Doc: $150
_________
Total: $31,325 (Before tax) 17% off MSRP

Last edited:
Heck yes, if you're numbers are right.

Don't know what your TTL is, but if $27k is your true OTD price (meaning AFTER all taxes, fees, title transfers and stuff), and the MSRP is $31,415, then that means you got it for about $25K or less before ttl, which would be at least 21% off MSRP
Yes, the numbers are correct. So, this finance with dealer thing is a pretty common thing in the car buying world?

It's a $1,500 CUSTOMER CASH rebate from Mazda for 2020 CX-5. It's listed on the Mazda website, but it could be limited to certain regions.

I don't see any customer cash rebate for the 2020 CX 5, only for the 2019 and its only $1000 on the mazda website

I don't see any customer cash rebate for the 2020 CX 5, only for the 2019 and its only $1000 on the mazda website

It's all region specific. Here in my part of IL, we are offered 0%, plus $500 customer cash.

2020 MAZDA CX-5
PURCHASE OFFER
0% APR

0% APR for up to 60 MONTHS PLUS DEFERRED PAYMENTS FOR 90 DAYS PLUS $500 APR CUSTOMER CASH

2020 CX-5 Signature

$38,980 MSRP
$33,118.68 selling price (15% off MSRP including rebates)
$35,368.56 cash OTD

IMG_1019.jpg
IMG_0939.JPG

Last edited:
2020 CX-5 Signature
Congratulations!

I follow you on the Honda Ridgeline forum and was happy to hear you decided on a CX-5.
What did you do with your truck? Trade it in?

I've had my 2018 CX-5 for 2 years and like most everything about it.
I bought my 2019 Ridgeline 6 months ago and have enjoyed it so far as well.

Looking at these posts Kind of makes you feel sorry for the people that go into a dealer,see the dealer discount of $3,000 off MSRP, and then just buy it for that price. My brother-in-law, who is a smart engineer, buys one-year-old Acuras and Lexus and things like that, but just looks at the Dealer's lot to see who has the best price on a 1 year old. Doesn't realize there's several thousand more dollars on the table

First time car buyer here. Definitely not enjoying this experience. This is the best offer so far. What do you think??

Cx-5 GT AWD in Deep Crustal Blue in Chicagoland area

MSRP: $32,935
Sale Price w/rebates: $28,977
Taxes: $2995.80
Doc Fee: $300
Plates and Title: $326
Total Price OTD: $32,598.80.
Total Discount: $~4,000

Also, what do people think of remote start with key fob? Multiple dealers have quoted me $800 which would be an additional cost. Cheaper to go with 3rd party but want to avoid any issues down the road so not really sure.

First time car buyer here. Definitely not enjoying this experience. This is the best offer so far. What do you think??

Also, what do people think of remote start with key fob? Multiple dealers have quoted me $800 which would be an additional cost. Cheaper to go with 3rd party but want to avoid any issues down the road so not really sure.

That's about a 12% discount, people seem to be getting anywhere from 10 to 14, that's not bad

Hard to evaluate the deal without itemizing dealer discount, incentives, etc. See my posts above for full list of itemizations. If you give us good data, we can give you an accurate answer.

Hard to evaluate the deal without itemizing dealer discount, incentives, etc. See my posts above for full list of itemizations. If you give us good data, we can give you an accurate answer.

I disagree. We're looking for bottom line before ttl. Shouldn't matter where the dollars come from - dollars are fungible ( I don't get to use that word often enough).

To fudge their numbers, they'll change placeholders. When you agree on a final price of $31,000 they may write up the order for $34,000 and find $3,000 of 'discounts' to bring it to $31,000, or just have the contract shown at $31,000 - doesn't matter, it's still $31,000 to the customer but there are dealer reasons for showing it differently.

Acme super sale price $31,000
NET $31,000

OR

Car - $35,000
Rebates ($1,500)
incentives ($1,500)
Guy wearing hat discount ($1,000)
NET $31,000

Or

Car - $20,000
Window tint + $5,000
Pine cone air freshener + $1,000
Ugly Customer Premium + $2,000
Misc Add'l fee to tolerate annoying customer +$3,000
NET $31,000.

Last edited:

My service department said there was no factory option to install (don't know if he was mistaken) so your $800 dealer quote may have been aftermarket, 'dunno. He sent me down the street to a shop they use. They program the car to start with 3 hits of the lock button, but also comes with a fob that has much longer range. Specifically this one, thought I'm sure it's one of thousands

My service department said there was no factory option to install (don't know if he was mistaken) so your $800 dealer quote may have been aftermarket, 'dunno. He sent me down the street to a shop they use. They program the car to start with 3 hits of the lock button, but also comes with a fob that has much longer range

Some dealers have told me the same thing: they do not do factory remote start, while others have offered to do it. None have discussed 3rd parties as being an option.
The 3 hits of the lock button is exactly what I want. I really don't want to have carry an extra fob.
What did you end of paying for it?

Some dealers have told me the same thing: they do not do factory remote start, while others have offered to do it. None have discussed 3rd parties as being an option.
The 3 hits of the lock button is exactly what I want. I really don't want to have carry an extra fob.
What did you end of paying for it?

$399 at Kar Tunes In Tempe. Based on the link I provided it seems to be just installing an antenna and then some programming involved

I follow you on the Honda Ridgeline forum and was happy to hear you decided on a CX-5.
What did you do with your truck? Trade it in?

I was on the fence about whether to trade or sell it, but the dealer found a buyer this afternoon and came back with a number I couldn't refuse.

IMG_1020.jpg

Screen Shot.png

Last edited:
Back