What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

Wheels are 15x7.5 konig hypergram, 205/50 tires. Bilstein coilovers near max ride height, maybe 1 or 1.25 inches lower than stock ride height.
Oh~!!! You picked up the Konig Hypergrams! How is the fit on those? Is there any clearance or rubbing issues at all during aggressive driving? (and esp during autox and/or lapping)

The fit is perfect. I'm severely camber limited until I slot the bolt holes in the bilstein brackets, and am currently at -1.2 L, -1.7 R. No rubbing yet, though it's got to be close on the driver's side. Passenger side has plenty of room (more camber). I've only done one mountain run with the new setup so far, though I'm planning to get it on the track in August.

Awesome! Please keep us posted. It'd be very nice to have an aggressive wheel setup for the 2. The 6UL and TRM C1 are a little more conservative as far as offset is concerned.

I once briefly ran konig lightspeeds with no issues. Those were 7.5" +32, so even more aggressive than these. I had more camber at the time though since I was running the CS struts. I like these better than the lightspeeds though.

I drove my 2 to work today. I only got one strange look since it has numbers on it. It needs a wash really bad. This weekend it will probably be getting that.

Cleaned the air filter and swapped in new spark plugs. While the air filter (30k miles, CS filter) definitely needed the cleaning, the spark plugs (48k, OE plugs) appeared a bit overdue.

That's surprising -- I thought our cars came with NGK Iridium plugs from the factory? Those should be good for 80k or so.

They do, though they were labeled as ford. And I'm sure they'd be fine to 80k under normal use. I'm not a normal user. And technically they were still working, but among other things the gaps had all expanded significantly.

Installed a WPS lithium ion battery. Small, ~3lbs, powerful enough for a daily driver, awesome price. Even has a cool built-in charge indicator.

edit: could be my imagination, but I swear turn in feels a good bit sharper now with the extra weight off the front end

Last edited:
Plugged in my freshly delivered OBD-Link MX WiFi and started to play around with DashCommand on my AppRadio4. Pretty cool functionality, but some kinks to work out in the car-specific settings.

Wheels, tires, springs, shocks, stubby antenna, drilled/slotted rotors and carbon ceramic pads...

13713992_1200446626685091_754890179_n.jpg

I posted in the Audio also but I am getting this Pioneer AVH-2800BS it's a touch screen stereo and I missed having my Sirius in my car been using it in phone through the OEM bluetooth I had put in at the dealership when I got the car. Has anyone else had the OEM BT than bought a bluetooth car stereo and just used it instead? Had to buy a steering wheel control adapter too I have the touring. But now everything will work from steering wheel. Not updating speakers I have 6 and wanted a camera but the install was too high I chose not too. New stereo was what I really wanted and I got a good deal on this model and the Sirius/XM tuner Best Buy matches Amazon prices. Can't wait till Friday I an getting this put in. Only other thing I miss that was on my old car was sunroof LOL! But this is going to be nice I hope. Someone posted a picture of theirs and it was an older model of what I am getting and it looked nice in the car. I'll have to take a before and after. OH and love the white above my husbands Mazda 3 is white my 2 is Zeal Red.

Last edited:
Got around to installing my Racing Beat muffler.

Despite pretty low mileage, the nuts on the stock exhaust put up a pretty good fight.

image_1.jpeg

Before & After New Pioneer Install

I love it just haven't gotten to mess with it much. Best Buy did a great job! Bluetooth is better than what I had added on and everything works with my steering wheel controls. Streaming Amazon Prime and Google Play shows up on the screen it's awesome! I have Sirius back no more using phone through bluetooth like before and now my contacts are all synced it's so much different I love it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160813-220545.png
    Screenshot_20160813-220545.png
    532.3 KB · Views: 377
  • Pioneer2800.jpg
    Pioneer2800.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 375
  • 20160821_002048.jpg
    20160821_002048.jpg
    567.4 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:
SCCA track night at Atlanta Motorsports Park! The car did really well, with the exception of the positive terminal slipping off the battery post causing intermittent power loss and traction control reset during the last session. The setup had a bit more push than I was expecting, but the brakes felt fantastic. This car is so confidence inspiring compared to the miata (but ultimately not as much fun)...it just begs to be pushed. I pushed a bit too hard in one corner and found the car to excel off pavement as well!

Got around to installing my Racing Beat muffler.

Despite pretty low mileage, the nuts on the stock exhaust put up a pretty good fight.

image_1.jpeg

How is the sound? Would love something that looks that cool, but is only slightly louder than stock...

Back