What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

I changed my brake fluid from the factory DOT3 to Motul DOT5.1. This should raise the boiling point for my brake fluid in preparation for some runs at Hallett.

Video clip on shop safety, and the presenter is barefoot.... That must be covered in a later clip. :p

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The slight possibility that you may stub your toe vs being crushed to death by a car (the actual topic of the video). I've never been hurt working on a car because I wasn't wearing shoes.

That said, I go barefoot yet again in this week's episode where I cover the top five things that I dislike about my 2. #dealwithit #barefootgarage

I took my 2 out for a little drive in the country.

(actually I did this two days ago, 5/11/2016.)

This is the third run of four at Hallett Raceway

Prep: CS rear bar, CS front brake pads, Koni yellow shocks full stiff, 205-50/15 Bridgestone RE71 tires, fresh Motul DOT5.1 brake fluid, . Stock engine. Four years autocross experience.

My car loved this, and I had a lot of fun. Worst damage

Prep: CS rear bar, CS front brake pads, Koni yellow shocks full stiff, 205-50/15 Bridgestone RE71 tires, fresh Motul DOT5.1 brake fluid, . Stock engine. Four years autocross experience.

My car loved this, and I had a lot of fun. Worst damage

How many cars were out there? Didn't seem to be much traffic. Send me a pm if you want another set of those CS pads.

We were sent out 5 cars at a time, well spaced out. Not racing, just seeing what we could do.

Finally got some bfg rival S for the 2. Got it installed and damn these things are grippy. Tested them out in the rain going around a light post. Had an autox event the next day and wow, the difference between the bfg sport comp 2 and the rivals are huge, no more understeer. I tried getting as much camber as I can with the spc bolts but -1.6 degrees is all I can get. I'm looking into getting wider kosei rims later on so at the moment I'm running the 205 rivals on the stock rim. No rubbing issues with the bilstein coilovers. My ddmworks rear bar came in yesterday so I'll be installing that later in the week.

My car loved this, and I had a lot of fun. Worst damage was to the brakes

FYI: I pulled a front wheel yesterday, found no measurable wear on the brake pad. CS brakes will dust under heavy (aka road-race track) use, but hold up well. I measured the rotor at 240 degrees F. So, another track day next year for me I love this car.

Finally installed a subwoofer. The touring model has awesome sound and the bass is better than cars that cost twice as much but I wanted a bit more. Got a kicker hideaway powered sub and installed it under the passenger seat. So much thump from a little box.

Ordered some hypergrams and neogens. Should be a nice upgrade from my current setup (15x7 k1-ts and 185/55 ecsta 4x-ii).

Got Aoi washed and detailed yesterday. Since she's 5 years old I figured it was about time to get out the clay bar, and it was well worth it. Of course it had to go and rain today.

Also got the front seat brackets coated with Plasti-Dip. Just the anchor parts where they bolt to the floor, the coating on them was flaking off and they were starting to rust. Starting to see a little bit of it on Shiroi too. Very weird issue.

So I finally got around to install a dashcam on the 2 a couple of days ago. Will write a more detailed post about it in a separate thread. But the Coles notes version of the story is, the task turned out to be surprisingly easy to do -- and that's including opening up various trim pieces to hide the power cable for an OEM look.

So I finally got around to install a dashcam on the 2 a couple of days ago. Will write a more detailed post about it in a separate thread. But the Coles notes version of the story is, the task turned out to be surprisingly easy to do -- and that's including opening up various trim pieces to hide the power cable for an OEM look.

Looking forward to it. I was looking at dashcams this morning. Deciding between the tried and true cheap option, G1W-CB or the high end Street Guardian.

Installed my eBay lip this weekend. Mediocre video of that here.

13308233_10201338292295739_5043478672244427622_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back