What are the chances.....

:
Former 2013 CX-5 GT owner
....that my winter wheels from my 2005 ford escape will work on my cx-5 gt with toyo p225 55r19s?

The bolt pattern seems like it will work just from doing some measurements. The tires are p235 70r16 on steel rims. Anyone have any thoughts, input or suggestions for winter tires/rims? Do 16s even fit around the calipers?

Thanks.

Last edited:
The wheels need to be 5x114.3 bolt patterns with an offset of at least 35 (stock are 50).

I am pretty sure 16" rims would fit.

As for tires, always try to keep the same overall diameter

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

235-70-16 is only 0.7" bigger which is acceptable.

I have not really started to shop for my winter tires.....most probably will be Nokian HaKK5 SUV or Hakka 7 in the 17" size.

this kind of thread confuses me.

if you have the wheels and the car, just throw them on and see what happens. either they will fit, or they won't. at worst, you are out 20 minutes of your time.

this kind of thread confuses me.

if you have the wheels and the car, just throw them on and see what happens. either they will fit, or they won't. at worst, you are out 20 minutes of your time.

That's my plan. However, if someone pointed out something obvious I over looked or knows that the tire will rub when turning then it would save me that time.

The wheels need to be 5x114.3 bolt patterns with an offset of at least 35 (stock are 50).

I am pretty sure 16" rims would fit.

As for tires, always try to keep the same overall diameter

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

235-70-16 is only 0.7" bigger which is acceptable.

I have not really started to shop for my winter tires.....most probably will be Nokian HaKK5 SUV or Hakka 7 in the 17" size.

Great, thanks for the help!

Those steel wheels and tire combo should be ok as ZuluCX advised. The wheel hub center bores on Ford Escapes from that year were usually 67.1 mm and so is the CX-5 so you shouldn't need a hub centering ring adapter. The speedo will be off about 1 km though, not a big deal, which means you'll be travelling 1 km faster than the speedo shows. The offset was probably 40 on the Ford wheels, and if so, would be perfect for the CX-5 considering the tires are 10 mm wider than stock. Just my 2 cents.

Back