Went to Mazda after 8 Subarus, very happy!

I have had 7 Subarus and my wife has had 1, we just got one for my son who is off to college. I am on a first name basis with my dealer. Everyone in the family (and the dealer) is amazed that I just bought a CX-5.

The last Subie that I had was an 2017 Impreza Sport hatchback, great looking little car and handled so well. But, it had lots of shortcomings one being it was very slow (high 8 second low 9 second to 60). I would have gone to a Forester but would have been forced into a used entry level model and again they are slow and don't handle very well. Yes of course Subarus have amazing AWD systems but that wasn't enough for me. Also the entry level Foresters I could purchase had a lot of miles on them.

I found a 2017 CX-5 with only 14,150 miles on it. The car looks brand new, I couldn't say no. I drove it, fell in love and then went hunting around to 4 other dealers to see if I could get a better deal, I couldn't. I paid 19,950 for it. Put 8 grand down, oh by the way it is the mica blue and I already had it ceramic coated.

Love my car so much but I have a lot to learn, for instance Sat. night I took it out for the first night drive. I couldn't see! The lights were aimed straight down at the road! Well it took me a few minutes but I found the knob that allows you to adjust the headlights! First car I have ever seen that feature in my whole life and I have owned MANY cars.

I was the administrator of Impreza5.com (I have resigned) and am looking forward to learning about my new car from you folks.

Welcome @Ceej007, happy to have you!

We recently had a forum overhaul, and the admin and site designer added some new features. One of these is the Resources section. You can access it by clicking on the Resources button in the blue nav bar at the top of the page, or just click here. There is a CX-5-specific section that contains a bunch of useful info, including DIYs, shop manuals, parts reviews, and part vendor listings.

Any pictures of your freshly coated CX-5?

Welcome @Ceej007, happy to have you!

We recently had a forum overhaul, and the admin and site designer added some new features. One of these is the Resources section. You can access it by clicking on the Resources button in the blue nav bar at the top of the page, or just click here. There is a CX-5-specific section that contains a bunch of useful info, including DIYs, shop manuals, parts reviews, and part vendor listings.

Any pictures of your freshly coated CX-5?
Thanks! This is one of my favorite cars I have ever owned, it doesn’t have some of the electronic bells and whistles but that doesn’t bother me. Not any great photos yet. But I have one.

Attachments

• 4D42A6CD-3D25-4AF1-9D94-CD9B52201B01.jpeg
    4D42A6CD-3D25-4AF1-9D94-CD9B52201B01.jpeg
    469.1 KB · Views: 179
Congrats on the Mazda! Looks like a clean one. I'll bet the interior is pretty nice after sitting in that Impreza, too. (y)

Congrats on the Mazda! Looks like a clean one. I'll bet the interior is pretty nice after sitting in that Impreza, too. (y)
Actually the Sport model is pretty slick, Subaru put three full color screens in It and the stitching is top notch.

Congrats on the super clean looking CX-5, you’ve definitely come to the right place...Maybe your next 7 vehicles (after this one) will be Mazdas now...😆

Congrats on the super clean looking CX-5, you’ve definitely come to the right place...Maybe your next 7 vehicles (after this one) will be Mazdas now...😆

I am thinking that as well.

Decided to post a photo of my old car since we have been talking about it.

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 115
Back in 2017, my daughter was looking for a sedan so she and I went test-driving - the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Mazda 3, and Subaru Impreza.
She ended up with the Subaru Impreza Sport (not like the Mazda "Sport" trim - the Subaru is kindof like a cross between the 3 GT and Touring.
For certain the Mazda 3 was faster and handled better but her priority was quietness, and at the time, Mazdas were not very quiet.
Today it is a different story according to the reviews I have read. Mazdas are much quieter than they used to be. The CX5 right up there are the top of Consumer Reports' ratings.
And for the most part, Mazdas have been more reliable over the years. Also, Subaru has nothing that compared to the MX5 Miata.

Back